"Scientist burns water"

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
I love the bit where a university chemist (Presumably a professor of some description), calls salt water an element. Acepants!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
here's what you want to do - use global warming as an alternative source of fuel. powering humanity towards the end of the world. yeah.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
God, please let this work.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
This sounds like crap. Yeah... he did call water an element. And it's not water that's burning; he's using energy from radio waves to help electrolyze it, and then burning the Hydrogen.

And crop circles are ALL fake. But man... you know what would change my opinion? A well-written article to the contrary, published by a reputable scientific journal.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
here's what you want to do - use global warming as an alternative source of fuel. powering humanity towards the end of the world. yeah.

yea, i was wondering if i was the only person to think of that.
we'd have some pretty steaming highways.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
Ive actually known about this from a shady source.

Crop circles. Genuine crop circles end up crispy at the bottom and people cant reproduce it.

But it is essentially from radio waves. As waves are able to produce the complex patterns present. Its really a perfect match.

I myself never really put it together for a fuel though. Thats pretty neat.

Our creators knew that we'd figure this out and mimic their technology. They guide us, but don't lead us by the hand. Each has to evolve on their own, that's the rule.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Theoretically, the energy you get from burning the hydrogen is more than the energy you use to break the water apart in the first place.

But that's only in a perfect world.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
Our creators knew that we'd figure this out and mimic their technology. They guide us, but don't lead us by the hand. Each has to evolve on their own, that's the rule.

crop_circles_01b.gif

I dont know if I agree with that. This crop circle is actually a machine based on microwaves and something that Nicola Tesla was experimenting with. Other formations have been perfect repersentations of math princibles which can only be made on computer. And on top of it to the exact degree. There have been other ones created that only bend an inch from the top, which you certainly can not replicate.

Now if you know anything about cymatics. Vibration can infact create some of these patterns in simple cups of water.

Thats all I am going to say on that matter. And anybody saying they are fake without actually looking into the documentated facts are just kidding themselves. Quite a few are and they are riddled with mistakes which are easily identifyable. Im not saying one way or the other. However keeping an open mind to something that cant be replicated just makes sense.

Last edited:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Lovergoat said:
I love the bit where a university chemist (Presumably a professor of some description), calls salt water an element. Acepants!
"This is the most abundant element in the world. It is everywhere," Roy said. "Seeing it burn gives me the chills."
Um,... he's not referring to saltwater as "the most abundant element in the world." He's referring to the hydrogen released from the saltwater by the radiowaves, which is what's actually burning here.

First thing I thought of when reading the initial post was what sort of Nikola Tesla-esque anti-coastal-city superweapon one could make by applying this technique to large bodies of saltwater.

--Chris

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Um,... he's not referring to saltwater as "the most abundant element in the world." He's referring to the hydrogen released from the saltwater by the radiowaves, which is what's actually burning here.

First thing I thought of when reading the initial post was what sort of Nikola Tesla-esque anti-coastal-city superweapon one could make by applying this technique to large bodies of saltwater.

--Chris

Whats that? The US navy is here. Set the sea a blaze.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Actually now that I think about that... Wow.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
You guys think on too grand a scale. Try this... what's a human mostly made up of? Make it portable, it's already a radio frequency that can be transmitted... what an amazing weapon.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
nruva said:
You guys think on too grand a scale. Try this... what's a human mostly made up of? Make it portable, it's already a radio frequency that can be transmitted... what an amazing weapon.
but this is specifically salt water.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Doesn't matter.

The human body is mostly water. You break apart the hydrogen and oxygen atoms from the water and watch them burn. Salt water, fresh water, human body water, who cares?

The biggest downside to that machine and the guy's discovery is that it takes far more energy to run than you get out of it. They have to figure out how to make that the opposite. Less energy in than you get out of it. Then it will be feasable.

Besides, can you imagine carrying around the power supply needed to burn up a human with that configured as a weapon? WOW. You'd need a Hummer to carry it.

RJ

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
channelmaniac said:
Doesn't matter.

The human body is mostly water. You break apart the hydrogen and oxygen atoms from the water and watch them burn. Salt water, fresh water, human body water, who cares?

The biggest downside to that machine and the guy's discovery is that it takes far more energy to run than you get out of it. They have to figure out how to make that the opposite. Less energy in than you get out of it. Then it will be feasable.

Besides, can you imagine carrying around the power supply needed to burn up a human with that configured as a weapon? WOW. You'd need a Hummer to carry it.

RJ

And thats why it was never a viable weapon during WW2.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
channelmaniac said:
Doesn't matter.

RJ

Yaar, second law of thermodynamics. The salt water carries extra electrons vs. potable water iirc which makes it easier to phase change from liquid to gas using electrolysis or radio frequency.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
nruva said:

The video demonstrates nothing happening to a human hand passed through the field.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The real question is:

Is this process more efficient than electrolysis?

If so, a nation like Iceland can use geothermal produced electricity to convert seawater into hydrogen, store it and sell it.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
StickmanLoser said:
The video demonstrates nothing happening to a human hand passed through the field.

Until years later when the cellular damage turns to cancer.

Statistically speaking, amateur radio operators have much higher odds of developing various cancers than John Q. Average human. They are exposed to a lot of RF energy.

RJ

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
Yaar, second law of thermodynamics. The salt water carries extra electrons vs. potable water iirc which makes it easier to phase change from liquid to gas using electrolysis or radio frequency.

dont bring up your real science in here.

everyone knows aliens told us how to do it. its in the sacred geometry of an h2o molecule.