Scammer Alert Michel Lam AKA Neo Satellite

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Scammer Alert Michel Lam AKA Neo Satellite

Real Name (as far as paypal is concerned): Michel Lam

Ebay username: Broussmuche

A quick rundown. I bought a RB2 homecart off of Fakk2 that came from Neo Satellite. Turns out the cart is fake, albeit a well done one. Neo Satellite has ignored all pm’s on here and on ebay.

After doing some digging it turns out he has peddled some fakes in the past including DD Eng and KoF 2000 Eng (irony). He uses legit jp carts (for US games) so obviously checking the boards alone will not help.

The game looks very much real in pics and in person but falls apart under inspection with magnification, ie a loupe or high dpi pics from a scanner.

He may or may not be living in the UK. It turns out he most likely sold a fake copy of RB2 to a retro game store in the UK on consignment which since has sold in-store. He also sold another two copies on ebay in the past few years.

He has been known to sell jp conversions and legit carts in the past.

He told Fakk he was moving to the US and then proceeded to use a 3rd party shipping company in Florida. He could potentially do the same thing out of any other country and claim to be a resident there.

Neo Satellite needs to have his messaging and marketplace privileges removed so he can no longer try and contact people via pm to conduct private deals. If he wants to try and scam people he is going to have to register a new account with zero feedback and pull shit that way.

Just to get it out of the way . . . “LoL homecarts – MVS 4 Lyfe”

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Spoiler:
i04S0Oz.gif

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Damn that sucks.

Is this chargeback-able thanks to Paypal's new 180 day window?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
damn gumbo this is bad but thanks for the exposé
I do recall a few carts he tried to sell on here but it seems he worked through mostly PMs only.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Damn that sucks.

Is this chargeback-able thanks to Paypal's new 180 day window?

Would be, most likely, if I had not trusted him and payed him as a "gift" so he could avoid paypal fee's. So much for trust. :P Now, I am finding a way to pay back gum_drops as I type this, and I'm trying to get a hold of NeoSatellite aka Michael Lam to get a possible refund, but, considering he has ignored my emails thus far about this, I seriously doubt he is going to be of any help.

Funny enough, I thought I could trust the people on here, so I hadn't much to worry about buying Neo-Geo games from this place, but, it turns out that I guess I was wrong. So, to make 100% sure I don't fall into this trap again, I now have a new scanner/printer to scan the fucking inserts and manuals, so I can do high detailed investigations on all purchases before considering them legit, and I will never be giving anyone a payment as a PayPal "Gift", not for any reason. I guess people can suck up the 4% and deal with it. Lesson learned. :P

My apologies go to gum_drops for assuming that my Neo-Geo cart was authentic, as I had opened it up, checked the boards, I did ask a couple people here about the seller, and they told me that they thought he, (NeoSatellite), looked legit, and nobody said anything about him scamming here before. Also, the ebay stores that had sold identical looking English RB2 copies, first told me that their identical copies that they sold were authentic, and were completely legit. So everything seemed fine to me.

The only thing that bothered me about the entire transaction, was the fact that NeoSatellite came up with excuses of not wanting to get flamed for selling the game for ebay prices, which is why he refused to post it for sale in the selling thread, as I asked him to do so we can swap feedbacks after the purchase. Now I see, if was just to avoid people asking if the game was legit, or calling his ass out for selling fakes in the past.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
He uses legit jp carts (for US games) so obviously checking the boards alone will not help.

So much for the 'open-it-up' crap and blindly believe it... brilliant analysis & info, g_d. It's all about the papers, as Big Bear once put it. To check those, I can also recommend a cheap microscope camera. These are some sample pics I took...

Viepoint Catridge 2.jpg

ViepointCatridge 1.jpg

Viewpoint Book.jpg

Viewpoint Book3.jpg

Viewpoint Book 2.jpg

Viewpoint Insert1.jpg

Viewpoint Insert 2.jpg

Viewpoint Insert 3.jpg

I gave it a run on my old jpn. Viewpoint cart. You can't fool that. Same can be done easily with any other cart...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Mmhh... I am tempted to restrict his market access atm... but that would mean restricted PM's...

It's always a toughie... LMK what you think lads....

xROTx

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Mmhh... I am tempted to restrict his market access atm... but that would mean restricted PM's...

It's always a toughie... LMK what you think lads....

xROTx

Please give Neo Satellite/Michael Lam some time to PM back, before removing all his market access. All I am asking him for is a refund, then he can have his bootlegged game back, no questions asked, and I will pay for shipping it back to him. I will give all the money directly to gum_drops, since I sold the game to him for the same price I paid for it, and this can be over with. If Michael Lam is half decent, he might actually provide a refund. I have asked him to just be cool about it, and give gum_drops a refund, and we are waiting to see what he does. I also messaged him on ebay, (Broussmuche), and told him that we now know 100% that his game is a fake, and that we are now waiting for him to reply to us about it, and he came to these forums that very night and checked to see if we were posting about him (I assume), and he never replied since there was nothing here about him at that time. Now that we are calling him out, I am hoping for the best, and yet am preparing for the worst. But, it seems that others have been given a refund in the past from this guy, so we hope that he just does the right thing, and pays for his mistake.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Mmhh ... LMK what you think lads....

No restrictions, but a global warning in form of a new rank title till we have some results is my recommendation. Looks rather dark though...

All I am asking him for is a refund, then he can have his bootlegged game back, ...

Wishful thinking, but I keep my fingers crossed for you. His shady business may be large enough that a "no questions asked" policy will tempt him to pay you back. While he gets his tranquility on these boards, other forums may still be available for his sales though... still, there's a 0,01% chance of him being a victim, too. But as I mentioned above, it looks rather dark...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
No restrictions, but a global warning in form of a new rank title till we have some results is my recommendation. Looks rather dark though...

Errrr.. who are YOU to tell me what i should do?... I don't know you man...

xROTx

PS. I don't usually listen to what my close friends here tell me what to do... just sayin... you're cruisin' for a bruisin'...

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
th

geez thats too bad?!!!

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Wishful thinking, but I keep my fingers crossed for you. His shady business may be large enough that a "no questions asked" policy will tempt him to pay you back. While he gets his tranquility on these boards, other forums may still be available for his sales though... still, there's a 0,01% chance of him being a victim, too. But as I mentioned above, it looks rather dark...

He might see that and

tumblr_ms2fehEIzr1rawb5do1_500.gif

No resolution, no answers.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm flattered by how you took my suggestion... still, it was just that.

NO ONE... "Suggests" what i should do... they ask... "POLITELY"... and ONLY the guys I know....

You've been spammin' the forums a lot recently... and i DON'T know you... hence, I will ignore it...

xROTx

PS. I am NOT saying that n00b posts are irrelevant... I am saying that when it comes to the nitty gritty of mod'din this place... I will take only suggestions from people I know and respect "Under Advisement"....

EXTRA EDIT: I am prone to fook YOU over as much as Neo Satellite... He's had a few dodgy deals... I would like this resolved...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, you did ask in post 10 for opinions, and he stated a very reasonable alternative to blocking pms.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Well, you did ask in post 10 for options, and he stated a very reasonable alternative to blocking pms.

Yes... I did... but YOUR opinion Gohan_Sex is more valid than someone who feels he knows this forum...

I am just sayin'....

xROTx

PS. If Claude fooker is someone I know... i will happily revert my thinking...

EDIT: You all know... i usually go my own way on such matters... I hate scammin' and bad deals.... HOWEVER... I would like this resolved... and straight bans don't help...

NEO SATELLITE... I would like an post... pretty soon... numbnuts....

Pat505

War Room Troll
LMK what you think lads....

xROTx

Errrr.. who are YOU to tell me what i should do?... I don't know you man...

xROTx

PS. I don't usually listen to what my close friends here tell me what to do... just sayin... you're cruisin' for a bruisin'...

All the dude did was throw some advice you asked for then you proceed to threaten to treat him equal to a scammer for it. Thank you so much for a half decade of pure entertainment. I really hope one day you and EG get some meds for your tiny dicks. That way new people actually can add to the conversation without having the tiny dick duo come in and act like police at a 15 year olds pool party. You can hide behind that your doing it for the forums like how police saying its for our safety but truth be told somewhere along the line you lost focus on the people and now only focus on protecting yourself I guess the difference being the police actually might fear for there lives while you guys do it just for the sake of swelling up like two little virgin pussys that got fucked after prom.

Adios! NeoNaziGeo forums.:)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sa
All the dude did was throw some advice you asked for then you proceed to threaten to treat him equal to a scammer for it. Thank you so much for a half decade of pure entertainment. I really hope one day you and EG get some meds for your tiny dicks. That way new people actually can add to the conversation without having the tiny dick duo come in and act like police at a 15 year olds pool party. You can hide behind that your doing it for the forums like how police saying its for our safety but truth be told somewhere along the line you lost focus on the people and now only focus on protecting yourself I guess the difference being the police actually might fear for there lives while you guys do it just for the sake of swelling up like two little virgin pussys that got fucked after prom.

Oh look, here's more dribble. What have you contributed? You've been here longer than me and this is the first I've heard of you, whether you like EG or not, that's your problem, I may not agree with all of his opinions but I still respect them and he as well. He's looking out for more than you certainly do and don't try and say you don't contribute for fear of retribution from an old schooler, stand your ground and quit acting like that swollen pussy you speak of.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Now were did that thread go to?

Topic is: Sad story that a good guy got fucked by a scamming fucktard!

Noob rambling -> not interesting

@topic: shame on neostallite, hope this gets sorted out somehow

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Damn son... you sure have one Sandy vag... I hope you like the colour red...

Consider it a menopause... GEEZ man... you're fuckin dumb...

xROTx

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Who the fuck are you? And we probably know more about rots penis than we'd like to.