[SCAM ALERT] Ebay seller jp-goods

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I bought a bare AES console from this seller because I hadn't seen the thread.

The pros: it showed up and looks better than it did in the auction photos

The bad: No audio from AV port, but stereo from the headphone jack sounds great

I'm getting some interference on the video output via RGB, but I'm hoping it's due to the shitty $5 PSU I picked up off eBay. Going to pick up a Model 1 Genny PSU and give that a try.

Shipping was pretty quick too. He charged $50 shipping to the US from Japan, but he must have used EMS shipping because it showed up pretty damn fast.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Too many Japanese (or foreigners in Japan) selling items they don't even own and using stock pictures. Even if you get the item, leave them a negative because it's a bullshit practice.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Too many Japanese (or foreigners in Japan) selling items they don't even own and using stock pictures. Even if you get the item, leave them a negative because it's a bullshit practice.

I guarantee most of these items come from the Book Off junk box for maximum profit.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
I bought a bare AES console from this seller because I hadn't seen the thread.

The pros: it showed up and looks better than it did in the auction photos

The bad: No audio from AV port, but stereo from the headphone jack sounds great

I'm getting some interference on the video output via RGB, but I'm hoping it's due to the shitty $5 PSU I picked up off eBay. Going to pick up a Model 1 Genny PSU and give that a try.

Shipping was pretty quick too. He charged $50 shipping to the US from Japan, but he must have used EMS shipping because it showed up pretty damn fast.

50$ for a bare AES is freackin expensive. Iirc I paid 20-ish shipping for mine and it came in about a week. Ebay should ask for a shipping cost proof and refund everything that is not needed...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
50$ for a bare AES is freackin expensive. Iirc I paid 20-ish shipping for mine and it came in about a week. Ebay should ask for a shipping cost proof and refund everything that is not needed...

Not sure about Japan, but it would cost around $50 to ship a bare AES from the US to Europe unless you don't care about tracking, insurance, packaging materials or a box.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member

It would easily have cost me around ~$50 shipping if I had picked up an AES on YAJ and got it shipped EMS (2-3 day rushed shipping).

Not defending the seller or anything, just putting my experience out there.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It would easily have cost me around ~$50 shipping if I had picked up an AES on YAJ and got it shipped EMS (2-3 day rushed shipping).

Not defending the seller or anything, just putting my experience out there.

Agreed. EMS shipping is disgustingly expensive but who cares about the shipping cost when you know you aren't finding an AES working or broken for under $100 on YAJ or eBay.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
No video interference using Genny Model 1 PSU, woot!