Santaball - my Christmas gift to you

NeoHomeBrew

Mega Shock!!
Hello,

I have tested out the NeoDevKit of Jeff Kurtz recently and have programmed a little game for the Neo Geo CD system.
It is a "Pong"-style game with a Christmas design and it is my Christmas gift to all Neo Geo fans out there. I would be
happy if you would play it on Christmas with your kids or family. Also, it would be great if you would take a photo while
playing Santaball on your TV and post it in this tread.
:snack:

It is a 2-Player game only and the players have to earn nine points to win the game.
The game features are:

-four different ball speeds
(the ball will speed up after 15, 30, 45 and 60 contacts with the rackets)

- three ball angles
(depends on the "contact point" of the ball on racket)

- hand drawn graphics

- background music & sound effects

Here you can download the Santaball ISO
Download it, burn it on a usual CDR, feed your Neo Geo CD and have some Xmas fun!

Neo Geo CD cover: Cover Frontside / Cover Backside

Here are some screenshots of the game:

santaball1.jpg

santaball2.jpg

santaball3.jpg

Last edited:

rcantor77

Belnar Institute Student
Awesome Jojo... downloaded and burning later today.

Will get a photo up on Boxing day... :buttrock:

NeoHomeBrew

Mega Shock!!
Thanks for the comments guys :)

It motivates me a lot to move forward and make a second game. Because with Santaball I have the "ball move engine" already programmed, I think it will be a Breakout/Arkanoid-style game.

It's not the only way but Jeff Kurtz made some fantastic tools to help speed up the process.

That's it!

I haven't burned ISO's in years. What tool can I use? Thanks for the game! :)

You can use ImgBurn - it is a free burning tool that I use personally. It has been successfully tested by myself for burning the Santaball.iso

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
Thanks for the comments guys :)

It motivates me a lot to move forward and make a second game. Because with Santaball I have the "ball move engine" already programmed, I think it will be a Breakout/Arkanoid-style game.

That's it!

You can use ImgBurn - it is a free burning tool that I use personally. It has been successfully tested by myself for burning the Santaball.iso

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Very cool, Jojo. Your engine is also the starting block for games like Bang Bead/Flipshot and fan favorite Windjammers. Don't be afraid to get a little crazy with it. You could have a run away hit on your hands.

aria

Former Moderator
Very cool, thank you for sharing this with us and we can't wait for your next work!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
this looks fun! gonna burn it and give it a whirl, and if you do decide to make a arkanoid type game...... that would be BOSS my friend! keep it up!