Samurai Spirit RPG translated...

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
btw this looks 10x harder than I originally thought. I'm asking some others to join in to assist me if they can.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It's been 16 years. If I can get a not-quite-right French to English translation then I will take it. The boat has sailed on Jap to Eng quite some time ago...

We shed as we pick up, like travellers who must carry everything in their arms, and what we let fall will be picked up by those behind. The procession is very long and life is very short. We die on the march. But there is nothing outside the march so nothing can be lost to it. The missing plays of Sophocles will turn up piece by piece, or be written again in another language. Ancient cures for diseases will reveal themselves once more. Mathematical discoveries glimpsed and lost to view will have their time again.

Balls

Banned
The only thing that eclipses my love for Neo Geo is my love of RPG's. If this ever was in english i would absolutely love to play it.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
If there's a text file/script I can probably take a first stab at translation. It would need some refining for context and technical limitations (i.e. text length.) (That's if you don't mind having a French-Canadian to North American English.)

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
the prob I got from the guys involved is it was all hand down, there wasn't a script per say. I'm trying to get ahold of the hacker guy who did the insertion of text

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I'm looking at this right now. I've translated Japanese, French is like Spanish... it's all Latin. Wish me luck.

Only the basic structure of French is similar to Spanish, since they are both romance languages. I speak French fluently, if you manage to get the script out I would love to help out in the translation.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I had a good time with this back in the day. I would actually like to see a broken english patch. Sounds like it would be much easier from french.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'd really like to take a look at this game. I can read some very rudamentary french, but it's such a pain in the ass when you want to play and not study ^^ So yeah, if anyone can come up with an English translation I'd be all over this!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was expecting this to be another "When is this going to be completed" thread and I was going to come in and make a snarky comment. This is quite a surprise, wynd you are doing God's work.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Yes the first news of the end of the traduction was in august 2011 in the French Forum, so the translator searched some Beta tester, but like you see the "final" version was finish just now

Stevacus

n00b
I played this game all the way through both chapters using a FAQ and common sense. i really liked the style of this game and the art is top notch. one of my best gaming expediences.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I've got my own translation projects I'm working on now. If I can get ahold of the actual hacker of the game (I have his information), I can hopefully get some solid answers before I try anything. I don't have any exact experience in NEOGEOCD hacking.

EddyA

n00b
Haha ... i made a king of documentation (in french) with the meanning of each chinese figures for potions and so ones ... with my little hands when I was 14 or 15 years ...

And you know what ... talking about motivated me to find the website I created at this (old) time ... and here it is:

http://ssrpg.free.fr/home/items.html

... fuck, I was young ;)