Samurai Shodown V Special coming to PS2

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rokuban Shoubu is the Japanese name for the SS collection. Samurai Shodown Anthology is the localized version of this.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Abster said:
Rokuban Shoubu is the Japanese name for the SS collection. Samurai Shodown Anthology is the localized version of this.

Haha, US got screwed AGAIN.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Setsuna1982 said:
but V sprites suck ass because the pallete is TOO bright and SS3 sprites were designed for high contrast. Also IV look more cartoony

III colours are just perfect

I just wish Jubei was in it. The town stage in 3 was miles ahead of the burning town in 4.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
What did the US get screwed out of? We actually have something the Japanese version of the game won't have.

NEO-FREAK-UK

B. Jenet's Firstmate
ShinAkumaXX said:
Well at least we get V Special and they don't. And it will be 15-20 dollars. So I will be o kay.

It'll be censored though, you know it.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Abster said:
What did the US get screwed out of? We actually have something the Japanese version of the game won't have.

Ah, forget it, I just messed up.

NEO-FREAK-UK

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Abster said:

Forgive me if there's a simple answer, but why do they need to have one version omitting V special anyway, what do they actually gain by doing this? Surely it makes more sense with regard to the production costs and sales, for the discs to have the same/maximum content regardless of the region?

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
My only guess is that SS5 Special was considered too violent for release as part of the compilation in Japan. It's much like having Samurai Spirits Sen bloodless in Japanese.

NEO-FREAK-UK said:
It'll be censored though, you know it.

Yeah, you are probably right, which is lame. Though I've played it a few times, I can't remember if my Metal Slug Anthology is censored... I'll have to check. I know I bought Japanese versions of several games because of this. Such as Last Blade 2 for dreamcast, Metal Slug X for PS, I think the US version of Mark of the Wolves for DC was censored too, so have the import. I think a T for teen rating is fine for some animated 2D blood... this day and age. But I guess they are probably just lazy and slap the US versions on a disc. Lazy in a lot of ways. (besides the blood issue) I hate the fact of all the loading on Slug Anthology, I know it's 7 games on one DVD, but shit. Seems like my Metal Slug for Saturn is the most fun to play. Bloody, and runs nice and smooth. I guess I should be content I am not spending 200+ a game for AES stuff. Considering I can play so many other awesome games on PS2, DC, SS, PS. I shall have to be content.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
NEO-FREAK-UK said:
Forgive me if there's a simple answer, but why do they need to have one version omitting V special anyway, what do they actually gain by doing this? Surely it makes more sense with regard to the production costs and sales, for the discs to have the same/maximum content regardless of the region?

I don't see the US release getting anything added to it.

The US branch of SNKP usually doesn't know anything about their own releases. Look at the whole SSV Xbox fiasco, they even have the move lists for the SSVS bosses in the manual as if they are playable.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
'How to turn a normal thread into a titty pinboard'

lol..

On topic- I really hope SSVS sees the light of day. It may not have some of the things some of the other games have- but the fighting system is pretty deep. It's a blast to play.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
ShinAkumaXX said:
I think the US version of Mark of the Wolves for DC was censored too, so have the import.
It wasn't. There's really nothing to censor in that game, anyhow.

At any rate, I sent SNKP of Japan a note (in Japanese, of course) regarding the censorship of the US versions... so hopefully, someone in charge will get it and bear it in mind.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
It wasn't. There's really nothing to censor in that game, anyhow.

At any rate, I sent SNKP of Japan a note (in Japanese, of course) regarding the censorship of the US versions... so hopefully, someone in charge will get it and bear it in mind.

I remember when I used to send letters to SNK... haha. Good job if they take your words into consideration.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well, there goes the whole 'keeping Special a Neo exclusive since it's the sacred final game for it' idea you people perpetuated.

NEO-FREAK-UK

B. Jenet's Firstmate
LoneSage said:
Well, there goes the whole 'keeping Special a Neo exclusive since it's the sacred final game for it' idea you people perpetuated.

They feed us the bullshit just long enough to get plenty of sales in, and then sell us out to the mainstream.

It’s all about the $$$$$$$$ at the end of the day. It always is.

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
Any word on whether or not this compilation will have online play?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
isamu said:
Any word on whether or not this compilation will have online play?
Not in the US, just like all the other releases. There's no equivalent here to KDDI in Japan.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
Hope springs eternal, dude.

In that case I should write a letter asking them to scrap PS2 plans and release a PS3 comp that has free online for the US, like all the other PS3 games out.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Originally Posted by wasabi
In that case I should write a letter asking them to scrap PS2 plans and release a PS3 comp that has free online for the US, like all the other PS3 games out.

Yes you should write them a letter, Chavo :lolz:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
They need to do a port of this to the Watara Super Vision

edit:

I'M WRITING MY LETTER RIGHT NAO.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I figured it would come out sooner or later on another platform.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:

2D on the ps3, I dont think that will ever happen. Would be cool for a psn, xbox live download though with online support.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
2D on the ps3, I dont think that will ever happen. Would be cool for a psn, xbox live download though with online support.

Don't be surprised. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is coming to the ps3 this fall and thats a 2d game. I don't think its gonna be released on the psn either.