Samurai Shodown V Perfect releases on eXa Arcadia

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
"PC with an old-ass processor" is, by far, the most cost effective way to run a video game. Second place is probably "last year's Qualcomm chip".
Agreed! but you don't charge 2,644 dollars for a 500 dollar PC.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
They’d be stunned to see it running Neo games as well.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is it? Does it mean that anyone with an arcade cab, a legit MVS motherboard and cartridge can profit from it?

This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm not 100% sure this would be the case in all countries.
I believe he meant the released SSVS, which is barely any different.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
What I meant with my last post is that PC-based arcade hardware has been the norm in the arcade industry since the early 2000s. It's not new, all the platforms have always used older components, and they've all been very expensive, just like arcade hardware has always been. If the idea of the eXa Arcadia system upsets you, do yourself a favor, and don't learn about the existence of basically any arcade platform newer than probably Naomi.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I don’t think anyone is upset about the existence of this platform, and probably not ignorant of PC based arcade games or what arcade stuff costs.

Myself, I’m mostly just amazed that anyone would think this game would ever pay for itself in a pro setting. This may not matter though. If, much like pinball now, way more than half the market is rich collector douchebags with no concern for return on investment.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Agreed! but you don't charge 2,644 dollars for a 500 dollar PC.

If you put a $500 PC in an arcade machine it will be dead in a year or two. Arcade stuff is massively more built and serviceable.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In this thread:

People are mad that new arcade hardware is more expensive than the 25 year old stuff that was tossed as literal trash by the actual target customers long ago.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Nobody is mad here. I just wonder who this is marketed towards. Who the fuck is going to buy this and make profit of it?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
7C7DF87C-C8E5-4613-BA37-87B578C1136E.jpeg
I’m here for the M2 WolfGirl walk ‘em up, and Fallen Angels: Final.

The vast majority of every other eXa game, can be had on Switch or mobile phones for way less dough.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
So this exa Arcadia thing is just a pc with an old ass i3 processor. Running games off usb sticks?
It looks very similar to the Sega Nu, which is the same bullshit

This would've been an excellent opportunity to make an MVS kit. There are still plenty of one slot MVS's floating around.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
It looks very similar to the Sega Nu, which is the same bullshit

This would've been an excellent opportunity to make an MVS kit. There are still plenty of one slot MVS's floating around.
They could just include a 1 slot . It seems Alieexpress has thousands upon thousands

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
They could just include a 1 slot . It seems Alieexpress has thousands upon thousands
The supply is starting to run out and the boards are beat to shit, so I don't think it'd be good for a new product, unless they manufacture new ones.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
In this thread:

People are mad that new arcade hardware is more expensive than the 25 year old stuff that was tossed as literal trash by the actual target customers long ago.

This thread: a bunch of people explaining shit to other “mad” people who already know it. Anyone who doesn’t understand that Street Fighter II cost $1100 when it came out is an idiot, I don’t see many people like that here but there sure are people telling them what time it is regardless…meanwhile none of these arcade anthropologists seems to be able to explain what setting exists TODAY where you could install this ancient game and have it pay for itself in modern money.

WE ALL KNOW ARCADE STUFF IS EXPENSIVE. PLEASE STOP REPOSTING THIS WISDOM. We also know that usually arcade games are designed to overcome their huge price as quickly as possible and generate profit. How will this happen?

The original question is: Who is this for? I KNOW ITS NOT FOR ME. Who IS it for? “Arcades” are not the entire answer. What sort of arcade?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The arcade ops are paying 4 grand for a rom and a stolen version of final burn alpha lmfaoo what a joke

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Pirate SSVP carts would fit right in there and since SNK would rather license this nonsense than sell MVS carts and they don’t ever sue anyone what’s going to happen is that nearly every arcade that has this game will run a pirate copy because it’s going to cost them $150 net instead of $4500.

Honestly the neo geos I still see in the wild nowadays just run a 161 in 1. I haven’t seen a cab without one in a very long time.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This thread: a bunch of people explaining shit to other “mad” people who already know it. Anyone who doesn’t understand that Street Fighter II cost $1100 when it came out is an idiot, I don’t see many people like that here but there sure are people telling them what time it is regardless…meanwhile none of these arcade anthropologists seems to be able to explain what setting exists TODAY where you could install this ancient game and have it pay for itself in modern money.

WE ALL KNOW ARCADE STUFF IS EXPENSIVE. PLEASE STOP REPOSTING THIS WISDOM. We also know that usually arcade games are designed to overcome their huge price as quickly as possible and generate profit. How will this happen?

The original question is: Who is this for? I KNOW ITS NOT FOR ME. Who IS it for? “Arcades” are not the entire answer. What sort of arcade?
Half of this thread is your confusion from not knowing how much arcade equipment costs, and then you backpedaling after being corrected multiple times. You could just stop posting.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
The arcade ops are paying 4 grand for a rom and a stolen version of final burn alpha lmfaoo what a joke
That's quite a claim. Source.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
On the face of it, yep it's perplexing... But it's also kind of great.

I suspect most exa arcadia deals will be some kind of smallish down-payment to cover the kit, with earning payback/share to eventually cover license and actual profit to make up the 'retail' cost.

Without exa there would be no one doing this legitimately for these games.

As an individual, you're a big fan of any of this you can buy into it.

Not for most people, somewhat mad, but good for exa... No one else was really doing this.

Nate123

n00b
I know one thing about EXA they are not profit shareing i.e were arcade op have to give part of there profits to the arcade maker because that is there big selling point over Sega and Taito and the like witch all do that.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Does anyone here have one of these things? Since it outputs to HDMI and I think has an internal power supply, could you basically plug this straight into a TV and the wall like a really expensive console? It seems like with the Cave and now SNK stuff it’s on its way to having some decent stuff.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Does anyone here have one of these things? Since it outputs to HDMI and I think has an internal power supply, could you basically plug this straight into a TV and the wall like a really expensive console? It seems like with the Cave and now SNK stuff it’s on its way to having some decent stuff.
You could and I think EXA even supply a dongle to allow you to use USB joysticks.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I believe there are quite a few custom bits inside an Exa FWIW related to price/speciality.