Samurai Shodown V Bank Error

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
420p's game arrived today. It does show the Bank Error. The new cart will be sent out tomorrow.

The obnoxious buyer's game arrived as well. I unpacked and tested it in front of the camera and the game works fine. As expected. The video is already up on YouTube but it's not listed publicly.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
420p's game arrived today. It does show the Bank Error. The new cart will be sent out tomorrow.

The obnoxious buyer's game arrived as well. I unpacked and tested it in front of the camera and the game works fine. As expected. The video is already up on YouTube but it's not listed publicly.

Usually bank errors result in a $10 gain in your favor.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner

It would have been totally strange, if all of my boards would be somewhat wonky :D Would be nice to know, if the P ROM Eproms are fucked.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It would have been totally strange, if all of my boards would be somewhat wonky :D Would be nice to know, if the P ROM Eproms are fucked.

If the P roms were eproms, at least that would be an easy fix with the right equipment. They really should have covered up those windows when using eproms on the PROG board.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I've had these problems before as well. Someone had a multicart that would produce no sound, tried it on a buddy's system and same problem but sent it to me and it works no problem on my MV1C but not on his MV1C.

That would be me, the multi didn't have sound(played fine) on my surf board mobo, nor broken's MV1C. Got a MV1C from Mike, sent him the cart first, and works just fine now.

Ps...cart didn't have sound with the magickey also.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
Game arrived ... will be tested, when I arrive at home.
Edit: runs like a champ

69f7861f0dc1b3c8ae28f77fab1e1549.jpg

Props to the 'goose!

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Props to the 'goose!
Thanks for not freaking out. :)

If the P roms were eproms, at least that would be an easy fix with the right equipment. They really should have covered up those windows when using eproms on the PROG board.
They are EPROMs (on four of the SSV carts that I had left) that have stickers on the windows. I do not yet own a desoldering station but I put one on my wishlist years ago. The cheap Radioshack desoldering iron that I got off eBay doesn't work well enough, sadly.
The second cart that I sent 420p has regular mask roms.