Samurai Shodown 6 is coming to PS4 11/22

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I love SS6, but a lot of people hate it. I'll be buying it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
PS2 port :(

Between these and the Arcade Archives releases, I'm starting to worry about the SNK games I would love to see ported on PS4 (SS2, FFS and NGBC).

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm happy about it. I'm a bit bummed that it's not the PS2 Samurai Shodown Anthology with 1-6. They gave us the Metal Slug Anthology with 1-6, and X, but I'll still get Samurai Shodown 6 so I'm not too bummed. I'm happy that SNK is having a presence on the PS4.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
I had fun with it on ps2 or Wii. It was on the anthology, it didn't put a hook in me but it was a completely different drawing style. Can't really remember the battle system too well.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
SS6 had the best combat system of all since it was CVS2 esque where you can adapt it to what you want. The bitching I always heard about it was the lack of blood/fatalities. To which I only give half a shit about. It pisses me off they can't give this game some online support. I'd love to play some people in it.

barto

Overtop Pathfinder
Very nice indeed.....can't wait to give this game a go

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I gotta be honest about Tenka, and here is my view of these games going back ages. I think the system is constricting in Tenka. SSIII still has my favorite engine, and even though I love the other games, I felt that by lessening the depth SSIII had, it sort of made the series to 'fundamental'. Parry's were amazing in SSIII. Counter damage would force good spacing knowledge of what a risk is. The only issue was the infinites and stun combos, IE Basara's crouching kick and the AB swap stuff. (I've recorded two videos on these infinite loops on my youtube) III is still fantastic.

SSIV was gorgeous and fun, but it wasn't SSIII, big step back in engine and the 14 hitter crap was not what SS is as a series represents... SSV was a huge improvement over IV because it was a little more like SSIII, but it wasn't SSIII, 14 hitters were gone though, thank goodness. SSVS didn't really offer enough real change, but it is a great SS entry. So for me Tenka was eh. For me, III and II are the best of the series.

Everything looked real predestined to me in Tenka. I'd watch my friends play it, but it was like 'I might as well just play a different one'

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The bitching I always heard about it was the lack of blood/fatalities. To which I only give half a shit about.

I really never understood you people who thought this way.

Taking the blood out of a Sam Sho game was like taking blood out of a Mortal Kombat.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The blood IS important because it aids the fatalities. The fatalities were there best in SSII because that game is moving art. It is perfect. They are simple, and slowly dramatic.. SSII is one of the best fighters ever made. I have it in my six slot right now. Then my favorite, SSIII right behind that cart.. I just hope you guys like Ukyo if you like SSII. Him and Genjuro are my mains, and oddly they are also my mains in III..... Nobody getting hit with a sword is gonna sweat.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This is great news. It's good to see later releases like LB2, MotW, and SS VI become available like this when we've previously only had the early releases of the neo geo library to choose from on the PS3. I hope that SNK keeps this up. Although I love the fighters it would be cool to see some other genres in the spotlight too. Having some beat em ups, shooters, and puzzle games would balance the releases. Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop, Sengoku 3, Twinkle Star Sprites, Ninja Commando, etc would be cool to see on PS4 (online co-op would be nice too).

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'll scoop it maybe.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I really never understood you people who thought this way.

Taking the blood out of a Sam Sho game was like taking blood out of a Mortal Kombat.

That would be like saying Samurai Shodown is as shallow as Mortal Kombat. To which that's insanely misguided. I did say half because taking it out seemed to be doing it a disservice, but SS is so much more then gore. I can honestly still play it happily because it is a well made fighting game. Unlike Mortal Kombat which isn't a really good fighting game if you take the gore out (except maybe MKX since I haven't played that yet but my hopes aren't that high for it either)

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
It'd be cool if the added blood and basic fatalities ala SS2. I've not played SSIV but the blood adds to the great atmosphere of the other games in the series.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^^ The rumor is still there but then again Sony and Capcom can be dicks and simply re-re-release the PS2 version again.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Was the SSVI a good port for ps2?
Any information release for europe?