Running back to the Neo Scene

Ben Richards

New Challenger
Hello and thanks for allowing me to be part of this great community! My parents bought me an Atari 2600 for $199 in 1981 and have been hooked since then. I saw the Neo Geo at a fair in 1990 and knew I had found the ultimate machine. I broke down and bought the system for $700 with Nam, when it was released in 1991 and started getting the games for $200 (I used to order from Dragon Video, I think out of NC, anyone remember them???) after it was released. I remember playing my favorite game of all time, Samurai Showdown 2 in the arcade and was excited to know I would be getting it soon. I was devastated when I received it and saw that it had been censored with white blood. I bought the machine for the true arcade experience and was disappointed and sent my machine to get a switch to swap regions and arcade/home. Then I was finally happy to have the ability to play the games as they should be and how I wanted them.
Unfortunately, I had to sell my AES system, carrying bag, Neo CD system, Neo Pocket B/W and color, and tons of games (At a place called Software seconds in SC, probably still have some), after my divorce in 2002. Since that time I have a Neo Geo Pocket and satisfy my need with the PS3, Wii, and Xbox versions of the Neo games. I was happy to be getting the Neo Geo X Gold system when it was released this month. I have seen the harsh criticisms and I am, over all happy with the system. As one poster stated, it is what it is, a $200 emulator with 21 games which are great with the handheld. I am hoping that they are able to fix this by Tommo or the Neo Forum hack the system, so I can play games as they should be played, with the proper output , resolution, and ability to change region/system. I will support Tommo and buy games released, as long as we get the ability to play them the way they should be played. Thanks for all doing this and hopefully we will be playing the Neo X the way it should be played by handheld or TV with everything perfect!

Also, I am looking to get a Neo Geo sytem and/or CD, and Neo Pocket, and games in the coming months, so watch out!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Welcome to the fold. We're all insane down here, but there is a method to our madness.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I like the madness. I've been lurking for years before finally joining the forums and I've learned a lot in the process. Many of the "best of" archived threads are great reading. Welcome! :-)