Roger Ailes dead at 77

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Roger Ailes, the Fox News co-founder who resigned amid a sexual harassment scandal, died on Thursday, his wife, Elizabeth Ailes, confirmed in a statement. The networkç—´ former chairman and CEO was 77.

Elizabeth Ailes said she was è￾Ÿrofoundly sad and heartbroken to report that he had died surrounded by his family. è¿♥oger was my best friend, the most wonderful loving husband and father to our son Zachary. He was a loyal friend to so many, she said in the statement. è¿♥oger was a patriot, grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise-and to give back. During a career that stretched over more than five decades, his work in entertainment, in politics, and in news affected the lives of many millions. And so even as we mourn his death, we celebrate his life.

Ailes suffered from health complications for most of his life, after being diagnosed with hemophilia as a child.

溺y doctor told me that I知 old, fat, and ugly, but none of those things is going to kill me immediately, he told Vanity Fair in 2013. 典he actuaries say I have six to eight years. The best tables give me 10. Three thousand days, more or less. I壇 give anything for another 10 years.

的致e been prepared to face death all of my life, he added. 展hen it comes, I値l be fine, calm. I値l miss life, though. Especially my family.

Ailes death comes less than a year after he was ousted from Fox News after multiple allegations of sexual harassment. The network痴 parent company, 21st Century Fox, announced in a quarterly report this month that it has had to pay a total of $45 million in costs 途elated to settlements of pending and potential litigations following the July 2016 resignation of the Chairman and CEO of Fox News Channel after a public complaint was filed containing allegations of sexual harassment. Ailes reportedly received a payout of much as a $40 million.

It all began when Former æ“¢ox and Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson sued Ailes for harassing her on numerous occasions ― they ultimately settled for $20 million. More than 20 other women subsequently came forward with similar allegations.

The bombastic executiveç—´ departure had a domino effect. Former star anchor Bill Oå￾¦eilly was subsequently accused of sexual harassment, leading to his departure from the network this year. Bill Shine, who was tapped to run the network when Ailes left, resigned last week amid allegations that he worked to cover up more sexual harassment and racial discrimination reports.

Ailes founded the network in 1996 and was considered one of the most powerful figures in the media as he helped built Fox into must-watch television.

He got his start as a producer in Ohio working on The Mike Douglas Show. In 1968, he advised then-President Richard Nixon to use television to speak more directly to voters. He went on to advise former Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

Ailes advised President Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, and the two were longtime friends. Trump also defended Ailes after the sexual harassment allegations surfaced last year.

In the 1970s, Ailes already understood how television could influence voters. In 1970, he wrote a memo for Nixon called é„♥ Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News, in which he urged the White House to use the power of television. å…¸oday television news is watched more often than people read newspapers, than people listen to the radio, than people read or gather any other form of communication, he said. å…¸he reason: People are lazy. With television you just sit謡atch様isten. The thinking is done for you.

Ailes was known to be paranoid. He installed a solid wood door in his office that prevented people from looking in and visitors were reportedly captured on camera before they entered. He also had cameras installed at his home so he could watch at all times.
I'm not one to speak ill of the dead, but I have to admit I wont miss the guy.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
But there will always be 2 sides to a story.

You've put me in an awkward position here... I really don't like taking down people who are no longer around to defend themselves, but Roger was a truly odious little toad who spread hatred and vitriol wherever he went. Not to mention the sexual harassment and continued support of other sexual predators. Just that fucking curious what the 'second side of the story' is?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
You've put me in an awkward position here... I really don't like taking down people who are no longer around to defend themselves, but Roger was a truly odious little toad who spread hatred and vitriol wherever he went. Not to mention the sexual harassment and continued support of other sexual predators. Just that fucking curious what the 'second side of the story' is?

Just with out him here to say what his side is.

I have always felt there is always alot of BS with the he said she said stuff.

But that which is known about him, their is not much to say about that.

He will probably not be missed.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Rest in shit. No more no less. I'm sure Fox news has never slandered anyone alive or dead oh wait

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
As the architect of Fox News, this guy is directly responsible for journalism going down the flagrantly biased shitter for the past 20 years.

Also the sexual harrassment stuff.

Won't miss him in the slightest.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
just like fox news to try to make people stop talking about the death the people should be talking about and make it about themselves.

Marek

Banned
No i said it right. Im already hearing love for the guy. Again i say 2 sides.

Dude shut the fuck up.

He did nothing good for the majority of his adult life.

I would piss on his grave if it wouldn't send me to jail.

Fucking trumpfaggots just won't stop :oh_no:

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
From Jeffrey Dahmer's point of view, he had some good dates. Two sides.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Most stories don't have 2 sides. Generally, there are the facts and there's bullshit lies/half-truths/alternative facts/spin, whatever you want to call it.

Ironically, Roger Ailes was a pioneering proponent of the "2 sides" theory.

There's a great comment on the obituary neojedi posted:

The damage caused by Roger Ailes is truly breathtaking in its impact and scope. Professionally, he was a proto-Rove Richard Nixon accomplice and enabler who went on to found the most powerful and pervasive propaganda network in modern history, which was profoundly responsible for training millions to disregard inconvenient facts, demonize those with whom they disagree politically and reflexively distrust legitimate media institutions, all to the benefit not of Fox News’ viewers but his small class of wealthy peers. Oh, and on the side, he was apparently sexually harassing and abusing just about every woman who had the misfortune to come under his authority.

Personally, I’ll never forgive him for the effect his network had on my grandparents in the last years of their lives. They were enthralled by Fox News, had it on day and night, whenever they were awake, and it infected them with paranoia, anger and most of all, fear. Visits were consumed with lectures about the latest conspiracy theory about nefarious plots by the Clintons, Obamas, minorities, poor, or whoever else was allegedly hell-bent on destroying their way of life that day. When my grandfather died, it took hours of searching to find where he’d hidden all of his valuables and guns - Obama, you see, was coming to take them at any moment. He lived in a constant state of dread.

Ailes was evil. No more, no less.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
That is a flawless post wyo, very well put. We are seeing the exact same situation in the U.K right now but in print form what with the Daily Mail and The S*n newspapers. I too have relatives that have been pumped full of absolute horseshit and then vote against the interests of those they hold dearest. When Murdoch, Dacre and Tony Gallagher drop dead there will be some other cunt to replace them.

Print (the opium of older generations) is dieing in the U.K. Theresa May wants to control the internet to retain power and control for fucks sake.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Professionally, he was a proto-Rove Richard Nixon accomplice and enabler who went on to found the most powerful and pervasive propaganda network in modern history, which was profoundly responsible for training millions to disregard inconvenient facts, demonize those with whom they disagree politically and reflexively distrust legitimate media institutions, all to the benefit not of Fox News’ viewers but his small class of wealthy peers.
The irony of this is fucking hysterical.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Mods: Feel free to move this thread to the 'Trumpster Fire' forum.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I love the women crying on Fox News saying "he was like a father". Well, I guess either way is knew how to make women cry. He was a father. The father of misinformation for already scared old white people. His decades of sexually harassing women was atrocious. Rest in shit.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I love the women crying on Fox News saying "he was like a father". Well, I guess either way is knew how to make women cry. He was a father. The father of misinformation for already scared old white people. His decades of sexually harassing women was atrocious. Rest in shit.

I thought so, I knew it wasn't just O'Riley who was sexually harassing women at Fox News.