Robocop: TV edited/dubbed scenes...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm pretty sure most of the time it's the actual actors. When they have to come in and do ADR (Automated Dialog Recording) to replace lines they may not have gotten on set sometimes they will do the TV edit version. I remember a few years ago one actress was doing an interview where she was laughing at the lines they had her say. In the actual film she yelled "MY FUCKING NECK!" and in the edited version she yelled, "My fragile neck!"

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I have the Criterion Version DVD that has the original scenes that were cut to get the movie an R rating instead of an X rating for violence. Murphys Death scene is way more vivid and gruesome not to mention the board room scene where ED-209 Sprays poor Kenny for like a full two minutes longer than the theatrical version. I flippin love Robocop!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Now I gotta try to find the other version.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Since we are talking about the robocop series does anyone remember this guy

Robocable.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It would have sucked if he had clicked on one of those HentaiSama's links during work.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Since we are talking about the robocop series does anyone remember this guy

Robocable.jpg

Robocable of course. Prime Directives was really bad but the fights were awesome. The part where Murphy invades OCP and fights the lasers was originally supposed to be a fight with two ED 209s would have been epic. I still bought the box set regardless lol.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Robocable of course. Prime Directives was really bad but the fights were awesome. The part where Murphy invades OCP and fights the lasers was originally supposed to be a fight with two ED 209s would have been epic. I still bought the box set regardless lol.

Bingo. His color scheme made his armor look cooler some how despite being identical to Murphy. Maybe that is why they are using the scheme with the new robo in the remake.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I used to have an edited for TV version of Robocop on tape that had "once I even called him..a lot worse!" LOL

This was the version I remember seeing on TV too, when it didn't say that in the video but "....AIRHEAD", I started to wonder if my memory was faulty. Guess "AIRHEAD" was still too offensive?

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
This was the version I remember seeing on TV too, when it didn't say that in the video but "....AIRHEAD", I started to wonder if my memory was faulty. Guess "AIRHEAD" was still too offensive?

From what I remember, "Once I even called him..a lot worse!" came first. It was later replace with "Once I even called him..an airhead!". I still wonder why they felt the need to change it. The original edit sounded more believable.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Bingo. His color scheme made his armor look cooler some how despite being identical to Murphy. Maybe that is why they are using the scheme with the new robo in the remake.

I've never even heard of Robocable. Which "Prime Directive" should I watch?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
This is still my fave TV edit:

thank you for posting that. I watch it regularly, and to date that and the grocery store commercial right after is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've never even heard of Robocable. Which "Prime Directive" should I watch?

Watch em all its roughly 5 hours. Some of it is really bad but I still enjoyed it. crash and burn was probably my favorite.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
As a side note here is my copy of Prime directives all in all pretty rad I had to import it from England. The US versions are sold individually and don't have the awesome disc art that makes up Robocop.

100_1257_zps299117d9.jpg

100_1258_zpsc53cf6b9.jpg

100_1256_zps21db06b7.jpg

Last edited: