Road Rage....

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Is there a lot of it where you live and whats your experience of it?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
As I've got older... I've calmed down a lot...

...My driving reflects that... I aint in any hurry to get anywhere...

The only issue of course is... it's not myself you have to worry about... it's the idiots on the road that might take you out...

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's unavoidable here in Jersey. You are going to experience it often over here. A normal 15 minute drive to work in lite traffic weekends takes sometimes over an hour during rush hour on a weekday. People do the dumbest shit during rush hour traffic like switching lanes 100 times and the guy who just sticks to his one lane ends up passing the fool. I've learned to calm down alot and youtube helps me get through those long drives.

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
For the most part, I try not to let it get to me. Sometimes it's almost unavoidable, though. The amount of space cadets on these roads is frightening. You just can't fix stupid.

Maybe I should save up and get a vehicle that's outfitted with one of those Faurecia Active WellnessTM seats. :p Heard of those?

High-tech car seat that monitors your health to keep you calm, alert and stress-free behind the wheel.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
There is plenty of crazy, unnecessary shit here. I think the heat just flicks a switch in some people.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've been known to get out of my car a few times.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I had a guy road rage on me one time. He left me alone when he found out I was armed.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I had a guy road rage on me one time. He left me alone when he found out I was armed.

This is why it's not worth being a Hero. Situation could get a little sticky though if the other guy is packing as well.

I did the tough guy routine thing in my younger days but now I just smile while the person in the other car is yelling a bunch of dumb shit that I can't hear.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Once while I was in the university, I was driving in the parking lot and this dude got pissed I didn't let him cross in front of me. So he walks up and starts talking shit, and I just said, "I had the right of way, you still have to stop and look both ways." Your crossing in between cars."
He got all pissed and tried to swing at me, and I hit him in the face eye (poked him, really hard in the eye) with the CLUB, vehicle security system.

I drove away and parked, walked to my schools police station, and filed a report. LOL, didn't want to get kicked out of the university.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Once while I was in the university, I was driving in the parking lot and this dude got pissed I didn't let him cross in front of me. So he walks up and starts talking shit, and I just said, "I had the right of way, you still have to stop and look both ways." Your crossing in between cars."
He got all pissed and tried to swing at me, and I hit him in the face eye (poked him, really hard in the eye) with the CLUB, vehicle security system.

I drove away and parked, walked to my schools police station, and filed a report. LOL, didn't want to get kicked out of the university.

You poked him in the eye with "The Club"? Was it the official joint or a knock off?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
You poked him in the eye with "The Club"? Was it the official joint or a knock off?

Dude was getting really pissed, and talking all sorts of shit, so I grabbed my club from the front passenger foot area of my car (I was in my car). He saw me get it and started getting even more upset. He then called me a bitch and a N***** and tried to swing at me or grab me, and I just rammed the club out my window as hard as I could, and got him right in the face.

This happened really quick, and I couldn't really just drive away because there were cars waiting for parking, and the parking situation at my university sucked.

When I hit him I turned and drove the wrong direction of traffic and left. I know I got him good, cause he fell over and was grabbing his face.

BTW, it was the official CLUB.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Dude was getting really pissed, and talking all sorts of shit, so I grabbed my club from the front passenger foot area of my car (I was in my car). He saw me get it and started getting even more upset. He then called me a bitch and a N***** and tried to swing at me or grab me, and I just rammed the club out my window as hard as I could, and got him right in the face.

This happened really quick, and I couldn't really just drive away because there were cars waiting for parking, and the parking situation at my university sucked.

When I hit him I turned and drove the wrong direction of traffic and left. I know I got him good, cause he fell over and was grabbing his face.

Ohh yea, you definitely did some damage to this dudes face. That's what he gets for being a tough guy.

CLUB > WANNABE TOUGH GUY

My dad had one that he used in his old Buick. That thing is indestructible.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
london is the worst place in all of britain for road rage. i refused to drive because of all the crazy maniacs until i had enough money to buy a motorbike. as long as i'm on a bike, nothing can stop me from going on the road.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Ohh yea, you definitely did some damage to this dudes face. That's what he gets for being a tough guy.

CLUB > WANNABE TOUGH GUY

My dad had one that he used in his old Buick. That thing is indestructible.

I actually saw a car to car shooting once, but it wasn't road rage, just gang warfare.

I was at a red light and looked at my rear view mirror and see a chrome 9mm gun type come out of the drivers side window of the car behind me.
I got really scared and began making an illegal right turn (I wasn't in the Turing lane), as I was turning I hear the gun shots, and as I look in my rearview mirror the car that was behind me (had the gun) speeds across the red light and continues northbound.

I was scared, wasn't sure who was going to get shot.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It's unavoidable here in Jersey. You are going to experience it often over here. A normal 15 minute drive to work in lite traffic weekends takes sometimes over an hour during rush hour on a weekday. People do the dumbest shit during rush hour traffic like switching lanes 100 times and the guy who just sticks to his one lane ends up passing the fool. I've learned to calm down alot and youtube helps me get through those long drives.

...you watch youtube while you drive?

Pretty sure I would be road raging behind you too.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
...you watch youtube while you drive?

Pretty sure I would be road raging behind you too.

Lol yea. I place the phone against my navigation screen and drive. It's during bumper to bumper traffic though.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
london is the worst place in all of britain for road rage. i refused to drive because of all the crazy maniacs until i had enough money to buy a motorbike. as long as i'm on a bike, nothing can stop me from going on the road.

yeah London is by far the worst place for driving...

I had a friend who lived in Islington... when ever the gooners were playing home it was a fucking nightmare.

I lived in hackney on a one way street and was hit by a car going the wrong way.

Fuck riding a bike though... some Armenian or Polish builder will knock you down in his white van lol.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I only get rage-y when I'm doing 80 and some shithead is tailgating me. When that happens, I usually try to box him in.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
yeah London is by far the worst place for driving...

I had a friend who lived in Islington... when ever the gooners were playing home it was a fucking nightmare.

I lived in hackney on a one way street and was hit by a car going the wrong way.

Fuck riding a bike though... some Armenian or Polish builder will knock you down in his white van lol.

it's a nightmare for every one, mate. including pedestrians, busses and especially people using the trains on match days.

i think one of the reasons chelsea is moving to a new stadium is because of the public complaints put in over the years. when chelsea is playing, there's no way of getting in or out of the area trains and roads being closed off.

and yeah, hackney has crazy roads. or more like crazy people who thing every inch of the road can be treated like it's a zebra crossing. people just constantly jumping into the middle of the road expecting every vehicle to stop and give way to them at any given time.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Self driving cars can’t take over quick enough in my opinion. Traffic would either go away or be drastically reduced, as would the majority of things that give people road rage.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I only get rage-y when I'm doing 80 and some shithead is tailgating me. When that happens, I usually try to box him in.

Are you in the left lane?

Left lane is for passing, not just for speeding. If someone wants to pass you, move over when you can and let them by.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Lots of wild stuff on here. Reminds me of a guy I met in college who accidentally got shot in the leg while riding as a passenger with his friend because his friend's truck looked similar to the truck of some dude that had people who wanted to shoot him. The cops took care of everything in the end and told him why he got shot. Bum deal.