Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I thought I made an Arbery thread.

Glad these clowns got convicted.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Self defense wins. Pretty clear cut case unless you are mentally handicapped/live the narrative.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You can’t get blood from a stone.

What money would he have to pay out?

He won’t lose a civil suit or if found at fault the amount owed will be $1.

There isn’t the widespread outrage over the verdict like there was with OJ.

Give it 3 weeks and the media won’t even bring up the trial.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
You can’t get blood from a stone.

What money would he have to pay out?

He won’t lose a civil suit or if found at fault the amount owed will be $1.

There isn’t the widespread outrage over the verdict like there was with OJ.

Give it 3 weeks and the media won’t even bring up the trial.
Didn't people supposedly donate him like a million dollars or is that just some urban myth?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don’t know. I’m sure a substantial amount went to the lawyer.

If he had a million bucks the three shot would still get a pittance. $250K each after the lawyer? What a joke.

Jury could find him at fault and still award $1.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Insupportable statement. If nobody won, there wouldn't be alt-right nutjobs all across the country in their fifth day of continuous celebration right now.
Yeah that's a solid point. I forget sometimes the level of trash in our society when I turn the news off for a couple days. But in that case, white supremacy and the alt right "won" and "self defense" was simply a means to an end.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wish more gun rights groups would distance themselves from these whackjobs.

Rittenhouse trial was not a landmark case in any way regarding self defense.

It’s a cautionary tale for people who fuck around and have yet to find out.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Everyone has the right to protect themselves and by extension, their property. There is no constitutional right to rioting and arson.

In this case, the right to self defense superceded the lives of people engaging in a violent and destructive protest as they actively engaged with the subject - not the other way around.

If you think this is a controversial view, go fuck yourself. You are unhappy with the outcome of the case because of your political leanings but had you been in his shoes you probably would have reacted the same way.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Everyone has the right to protect themselves and by extension, their property. There is no constitutional right to rioting and arson.

In this case, the right to self defense superceded the lives of people engaging in a violent and destructive protest as they actively engaged with the subject - not the other way around.

If you think this is a controversial view, go fuck yourself. You are unhappy with the outcome of the case because of your political leanings but had you been in his shoes you probably would have reacted the same way.

The people who disagree with Rittenhouse wouldn’t have done the same thing had they been in his shoes - because the point is they would not have been in his shoes.

Rittenhouse, the rioters, et al were nothing more than chaos tourists. They fucked around and found out. Fuck all of them.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
At the end of the day this tale is like two gangs fighting for turf. No one involved was innocent.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

He wasn't protecting his property. And he wouldn't have had to protect himself if he had not purposely gone out to confront the protesters. You trying to portray it as trouble came looking for him makes you sound like a drooling goon. My feeling would be exactly the same if the situation were reversed and a lone armed BLM guy went to the white power rally or whatever you call it, got attacked (biggest no shit moment of all time) and had to shoot people to stay alive. On him.

If I had been in his shoes I ABSOLUTELY would fire on the mob surrounding and attacking me. Of fucking course. But I and most people here (minus you, I guess) never would have been in that situation in the first place, because we're not some mentally-stunted LARPing dipshit trying to act out adolescent power fantasies.