RIP Mark Lanegan

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Known most for being the singer of Screaming Trees, Mark Lanegan has passed away. He was 57.

I'm a big fan of that band but also his work with The Gutter Twins, Queens of the Stone Age, also his solo albums. Such a deep unique voice. He will be greatly missed.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ah man terrible news, I’m a big fan. What a great voice, instantly recognizable. He did some great work with that Mike McCready Layne Staley project Mad Season as well.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I'm depressed now. I have loved his music since Screaming Trees days. One of the best lyricists I have ever come across. And that voice.

Really sad. I was listening to his most recent track and couldnt help feel he was saying goodbye somehow. And apparently he was.

My heroes are dying.

Seriously, heart broken

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I don't know why but I can't seem to put the youtube video of the 2021 song he features in. So maybe he didn't compose it not sure, but please listen to it
Idea of Love
A few days ago I was listening to it and I just felt this was goodbye.
I think I won't be able to listen to his music for a while. Vedder is the last man standing.

Also listen to some of his interviews. Just seemed like an awesome dude.
I'm betting his heart gave in or he overdosed.
His gold teeth of recent years where brilliant.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I saw the Screaming Trees play with the Spin Doctors and Soul Asylum outdoors at the Mann Center in Philadelphia a long long time ago, It was definitely a fun concert of my youth that I remember, I was in high school at the time and it was a hot summer day hanging out with friends. It was a great time for music.

I think tomorrow I’m going to listen to more of his work with Isobell Campbell formerly of Belle and Sebastian.

RIP

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm depressed now. I have loved his music since Screaming Trees days. One of the best lyricists I have ever come across. And that voice.

Really sad. I was listening to his most recent track and couldnt help feel he was saying goodbye somehow. And apparently he was.

My heroes are dying.

Seriously, heart broken
As I mentioned I was listening to Songs for the deaf last week, hadn’t listened to it for many many years. I remember back then liking Josh and Nick‘s tracks more but last listen I was really feeling Mark’s songs, maybe it’s because I’m older and my tastes have shifted. I made a mental note to check out more of his music sometime later.…A few days later he is gone.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
He has some absolute 'bangers'
His input in qotsa was brilliant I agree wholeheartedly.
A couple songs that pop into mind that I would check out: One Way Street, Skeleton Key, Gravedigger's Song (beautiful promo video to boot)