Retro Gamer magazine's terrible Metal Slug feature --reviewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Stu looks like
sloth%20goonies.jpg

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I'd just like to say that I read up to, and including, page 15.

I'm now going to play Killzone 2. Something I should have done about half an hour ago.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I wish I had a dollar for every slapstick dull FPS out on the market now.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I seriously think it's time to lock this thread and move it to "Best of."

TonK

Least Valuable Player
You're not helping the cause of the intelligent in this thread.

I already asked that he and Koopa64 be muted.

Kan has no idea that the blog was made by someone OTHER than Stu and it lists some of his memorable moments of being jackoff.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The definitive series in Retro Gamer:

Frogger (issue 38):
Frogger II: Threeedeep!, in the magazine it is spelled 'Frogger 2:Threedeep' throughout the article. So he didn't even look at the game (box)?
And he called Frogger (first Frogger)(Parker Bros version) a 'crude-looking' effort! What??? It's an excellent title in both graphics and sound (for the time). And a million seller too. (No comparison with Supercharger, of course, but for a cart version, Frogger was top).

Galaxian (issue 32):
No mention of Galaga on Atari 7800, nor the excellent VCS version of Galaxian, nor Gorf on Jaguar (which includes the 'Galaxians' level). Although he does mention that there is no 'official' Gorf version.

Xevious (issue 34):
No mention on (again) Atari 7800 (does he actually know this console?), A8, Apple ][, nor the VCS proto (should have been included/at least mentioned as the game was started by Tod Frye).

And that is just 3 'definitive' articles picked out at random.

I really hope the writer doesn't do the 'Definitive' series much longer, as it is not.

Not the first time, nor will it be the last.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I seriously think it's time to lock this thread and move it to "Best of."

We have two copies of it already that could be used to create a Best Of-entry so it doesn't really matter.

slerch666

updyke,
Indeed. But that wasn't negative criticism. That was plain abuse, empirically factually wrong from start to finish and extremely personally insulting. Anyone who posts reasonable and fair criticism will get a reasonable and fair response. Anyone who says I'm a lazy incompetent shitting out badly-researched crap in a hurry for a deadline will get told to go and fuck themselves with a broken bottle. It's a pretty simple flowchart.

Until this shit storm, I had no clue that such a magazine even existed.

When I saw the thread I clicked on it thinking, "shit, that might be a cool magazine to check out!"

After reading the responses here and over at the RG forums about this article in particular, I'm disappointed to say I won't be purchasing the magazine despite it being a rag about something I find interesting.

I was going to say that if only assholes read the magazine, why should I be included in that part? Of course, I bought an MVS setup to play Neo games and joined this forum, despite all the asshats, so maybe I should give the magazine a chance anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.