Resident Evil 6

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'll be getting the CE version for both systems, the game just looks that good!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not thrilled about online cod style games. This series has completely lost its way.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I was thinking about going PS3 this time, but I have a feeling most people I know will be playing on the 360. I like the 360 controller more anyway.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Yeah another 360 copy on day one here as well.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
360 here dude. We will rock it. Rock it so good.

Are you trying to steal my partner away with your sweet nothings?

I am buying for both consoles.

BTW, this is only tangentially related, but now that the 3DS XL is out, people that love RE need to go get this, Mercenaries 3D and Revelations. They are fucking sweet on the larger screen.

And I'd love to find some reliable peeps to co-op missions/raid with.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I'm getting the CE aswell, but I can't believe there is more people getting RE on 360. I'm getting RE6 for PS3 ofcourse! Thats kinda like buying Final Fantasy on Xbox, thats just not right to me. Resident Evil will Always be a playstation game to me. I use my 360 for games like Halo , Gears, etc.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Considering Capcom is giving the 360 all the extra content first, and the demo was first availableto Xbox purchasers of Dragon's Dogma, the publisher doesn't share the view that RE is Sony. And considering all the love they gave to the Gamecube some years back, that idea hasn't been prescient for some time.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
If you preorder the 360 version from the Microsoft Store, you essentially get $30 back ($10 gift card+1600MS points).

I'm very tempted to jump on this deal. My only worry is that I don't know if the US-360 version will be region-locked or not. I guess I could trade it in to Amazon for at least $30 in credit on release day if it isn't. Hmm...

liquid ice

n00b
Big horror fan here and I gotta say I'm not too happy with RE these days. Way too actiony. Give me static backgrounds, creepy music and great atmosphere any day over this.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Did anyone get the demo today? I did but I only had time to play through a portion of Leon's section. Seems pretty good, menu system is pretty refined and easy to deal with. Good looking game, new control scheme is definitely more modern, but still retains that RE4-5 feel somehow. There is an option for some weird version of the RE4-5 control scheme, I only tried it for a bit but I don't think it would work as well as the new one. I'm going to dive into the demo tomorrow and get a better impression.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Man, can't believe we're two weeks away from playing.

And Resident Evil Damnation hits DVD and BD next Tuesday.

Between all of this and Revelations (and that horrible movie that just came out but which I went and saw anyway because I"m a dumbass), it's turnign out to be a pretty hype year for the RE franchise.

As for the control scheme and change in action tempo, I have no problems with it whatsoever.

Without calling anybody out, I think it's generally lame to criticize a game series for evolving or showing the audience different looks (2D Castlevania vs. 3D Castlevania.) If you want old school, play old school. Capcom will never make everyone happy with their games, and I am among the sometimes disgruntled/bitter/angry, but what Capcom is doing with RE is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. RE 5 had a ton of longevity. I'm still playing Mercenaries on console and on 3Ds, which proves the gameplay is tight as far as I'm concerned.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If you preorder the 360 version from the Microsoft Store, you essentially get $30 back ($10 gift card+1600MS points).

I'm very tempted to jump on this deal. My only worry is that I don't know if the US-360 version will be region-locked or not. I guess I could trade it in to Amazon for at least $30 in credit on release day if it isn't. Hmm...

Thanks for the heads up. Went ahead and put in my preorder through the ms store. I'll be a few days late by the time it gets here, but I'll never turn down free points.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
if you have a modded 360, the full game's already been posted online. anyone get it? :spock:

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
I need help getting all S ranking on all maps with every characters in Merc mode. :eek_2:

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Finally unlocked all characters except Ada on Merc mode. Just got S ranking on Highsea Fortress!!! with Helena :buttrock:

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Anyone having issues with registering their Net keycode in RE.net?

Badboy1980

Cheng's Errand Boy
This game got destroyed by ign.com and other gaming websites. Is that unfair?? I always thought Capcom generally made quality games.....

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Been going through Amateur difficulty with nephew to get Medallions and unlock content for him.

Campaigns are a tad more tolerable without the QTEs.

I'd like to see a difficulty level where you can face challenging enemies without the annoying QTEs.

Would it really have been difficult for Capcom to simply provide an option to turn them off if you don't want to play with them, with the reward for keeping them being a score multiplier at the end of the level?

Seems like a no brainer to me...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Been going through Amateur difficulty with nephew to get Medallions and unlock content for him.

Campaigns are a tad more tolerable without the QTEs.

I'd like to see a difficulty level where you can face challenging enemies without the annoying QTEs.

Would it really have been difficult for Capcom to simply provide an option to turn them off if you don't want to play with them, with the reward for keeping them being a score multiplier at the end of the level?

Seems like a no brainer to me...

That sounds reasonable to me. The QTEs get more annoying on professional. One example is when you fight Baxter on the skywalk between the buildings, and he returns to humanoid form. If yo try to do a ground and pound, forget it. You will not be able to successfully tap x fast enough. Just let someone else mount him and punch his face in while you site back and relax.

Amateur is really the way to go for getting all the emblems. I am currently trying to finish all the campaigns on professional. I am at the last part of Jake's final boss fight (gave up and went to bed), and after that I just have Ada left.