Repair videos

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Anyone else doing repair videos?

This one is a 4 slot that suffered from the crosshatch of death.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I've thought about making some and even gone halfway on it. If there's interest, I would be interested in making some.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Fantastic repair video, another 4-slot saved from the bin. I'd definitely be in favor of more, especially tougher repairs like Z80 error.

bwi

20 Year Member
GadgetUK does some repair videos on youtube, but they mostly tell you what he's done instead of actually showing him do the fix

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
That's a great repair! I hope to see more on his channel =D

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Nice Work! Haven't seen ya post in awhile.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Thanks guys!

I'll be posting more videos of NG repairs and will soon be posting videos of how to use a logic probe... and more.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I have often wanted to do this but mostly I get lazy and just fix it instead. Good on you for sharing.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Repair videos are a great idea.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Nobody else is doing them?

New video: Neo Geo 4 slot cap kit installation.

Someone installed bipolar capacitors and huge 25v caps on the board so I redid it and fixed their lunacy.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I hardly ever have Neo stuff to repair, nor am I an expert by any definition.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Thanks guys!

I'll be making more and more videos over time. Is anyone else doing any repair videos?

Hello all,

Sorry to "hijack" this thread but I recently signed up, had the email saying that my account has been approved but I cannot post threads or contact admin's yet.....not sure why?

Anyway, the reason I am posting in here, and have signed up at all, is because after spending my entire youth and adult life wanting to find some way of owning an AES without spending crazy money on one (23 years its taken.....Im a patient fella! ;-) ) I have finally managed to get hold of one but I have a problem with it.

So, would it be OK if I request some advice and/or guidance on what I could do next? it did not come with a PSU but I bought an official Pro-Pow E and it have been assured it is the correct one but from my Googling I am not sure.

So I thought I would come to the REAL experts (how about THAT for some flattery!) and get the final word on whether my wait needs to continue or that I might just have the wrong PSU.

Many thanks in advance and hope to be joining the ranks as a Neo Geo collector soon!

go here and check out this thread.

The question you're having has already been asked&answered a lot of times - use the search function of these boards and please don't derail this thread. Have a look at this picture (via Jamma-Nation-X) - if you can't figure it out with that post in the thread I linked before and we'll try to help you there.

Thank you Xsq, and sorry for posting in this non-relevant thread.......I had actually conducted a couple of searches of the forums but could not find any threads that seemed relevant but that is clearly more to do with my inexperience of both what I actually looking for with AES related talk and also the forum itself.

Many thanks, I shall have a look and see what I can figure out.