Recall info for SSVS AES

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
gware said:
I heard a rumur that only the preorder carts were effected by the recall is this true? and is there any way to tell if the cart has been fixed or not

Well, there should be a crease on the sticker, because it was opened up to do the fixes.

I'm not sure, but since Shawn still seems to have the original release on sale, he must've kept some or all of his carts from the "fix".

Maybe Shawn could comment on this? Though that maybe wishful thinking. He said he would be updating this thread periodically, and his last post in this thread was 26 days ago. :spock:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
finngamer said:
Well, there should be a crease on the sticker, because it was opened up to do the fixes.

I'm not sure, but since Shawn still seems to have the original release on sale, he must've kept some or all of his carts from the "fix".

Maybe Shawn could comment on this? Though that maybe wishful thinking. He said he would be updating this thread periodically, and his last post in this thread was 26 days ago. :spock:

Updated news at the neostore

http://www.neostore.com/

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
As for the fixed carts in Japan, they seem to be marked with a small neo-geo sticker on the cart itslef.

Point is, no fixed cart can be considered 'brand new', as they've been tested one by one after the fixing process...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
are the unfixed carts still available at the NeoStore?

I've sent an Email 18 hours ago to buy the game (since it's still displayed at the home page), but no response so far. I know it's still a little early for getting a replay from them, but the NeoStore usually answers eMails pretty quickly.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
yup, got an email today.

off to send the money.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Unifixed brand new cart price seems like sky rocketing in Japan...

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shito said:
Unifixed brand new cart price seems like sky rocketing in Japan...

Really?

Then Raz should charge the japanese a 100 $ for his UniBIOS. :make_fac:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
and at the Neo Store too by the looks of it... $385 now... seems like this fatalities thing has been a good thing to make money off of... or perhaps not, I likely wouldn't touch one of those "fixed" carts with a long stick.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Still no new (and pics) about the 'official fix'?

Shawn

snkusa.com
I was recently informed that the NeoStore’s SSVS home carts are still being reprogrammed at the factory. I was never given an ETA, but can only guess that SNKP should surely be finished and shipping sometime in October.

Once any new information is provided it will immediately be shared in this thread and on front of NeoStore.com.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
OK, I sent my Samurai Shodown 5 Special cartridge in the middle of August. It is now October 9th and I still have no idea when I am going to get my game back. How long does it take to fix about 100 home cartridges? They must have just one guy working on them. I think that Playmore should give us some time that we can expect to get our games by.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
You didnt hear?!?!?! SNKP sent the carts back to the states on a cargo ship. The ship sank 30 miles of shore, so SNKP is going to give you all $359 USD credit towards an AtomisWave Motherboard.

Phillip

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
and this was their 'swansong' or final game on neo.

playmore, what a joooke.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
You didnt hear?!?!?! SNKP sent the carts back to the states on a cargo ship. The ship sank 30 miles of shore, so SNKP is going to give you all $359 USD credit towards an AtomisWave Motherboard.

Phillip

~teh lol

seriously though, the fact some people acutally sent overses his own cart just to GET IT BACK SOMEDAY, and freaked as well, is simply beyoind my comprehension capabilities...

Shawn

snkusa.com
The reprogrammed SSVS home carts should be arriving in Memphis this week, as soon as today. The recall carts will be shipped to owners within 24 hours by 2-3 day priority mail by USPS. If outside the USA your SSVS cartridge(s) will be shipped to you by FedEx Economy (delivery in 3 to 5 business days).

Bonus: Because of the long period of time required for programming, SNK Playmore is providing a free gift for each and every customer who participated in this recall. This item will be shipped together with your programmed SSVS.

A shipping confirmation email containing your tracking or delivery confirmation # will follow soon (day of shipment arrival).

UPS tracking # for monitoring this shipments status: W318 1075 202
- currently in Kentucky, just one state away.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Shito said:
~teh lol

seriously though, the fact some people acutally sent overses his own cart just to GET IT BACK SOMEDAY, and freaked as well, is simply beyoind my comprehension capabilities...

Some people prefer to have a defective item repaired, than keeping it in its "original, unaltered, and DEFECTIVE form". Believe it or not, some people even get FAKE ENGLISH VERSIONS! It's not a matter of your comprehension capabilities, it's a matter of point of view over this things. And as assholes, everybody's got his own one and the rest of the people think it stinks.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
setsuna.lee said:
what is the bonus ???

if Shawn knows he probably should already told us what it is.

SNKP is giving the bonus item, not Shawn.

Last edited: