Really excited, just for the sake of trying... MVS in UMK3 cab

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
So, I was looking at my 1 slot mvs to get the model so I could order the uni bios. Well, I have the dang MVC1, so, for now I'll hold off.

However, just for the sake of it, I unplugged my UMK3 cab, took the jamma harness and plugged it in with my mvs 1 slot, with Turf Masters in there. Low and behold, it works lol. So I played a round of golf on my UMK3 cab. Picture was just a slight off to the left, but I'm sure I can fix that no problem.

My initial plan was playing mvs on my PVM, but I kinda like this lol. I do have a controller coming though, so it will go back on the PVM when the time comes. Until then, I'm going to enjoy playing on a standing cab!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Well yeah, it's a JAMMA board, why wouldn't it have worked?

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Well yeah, it's a JAMMA board, why wouldn't it have worked?

Right.. I hadn't thought about it, which is why I was surprised. Not that it shouldn't work or anything. Just never thought about it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Hey guys I never thought about it before, but I put a Gamecube game in my Gamecube and it worked

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Attn mods: Please sticky this educational thread for future generations.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Ya'll are hilarious. We aren't all as brilliant as others. My brain injury doesn't help at all. Thanks for the comedy though.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Thanks for the heads up!
Going to try to find a Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 cabinet and try it myself.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
someone should put a MK3 in a neo geo cabinet to test this marvelous scientific method op demonstrated.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
this nigga be claiming he's mentally retarded to brush off the punches

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
No more soft bread for me. I'm putting it in a toaster here on out.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
OP: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I just put my 1-slot MVS board into my Sega Astro City cab, and HOLY SHIT IT WORKED!!!!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
To be honest and serious for just a second. OP, you really should do some research on your own, it's been literally decades that all of this info has been online. Jamma was a standard that was started in the mid 80s so it's been a long time. The JVS standard started in the mid 90s? and honestly I think it was just an excuse for companies to scam more money out of operators to be honest. But yea, do some googling man, otherwise you're gonna get dogpiled like you did here.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Look..

The thread was a "slaps forehead", "why didn't I think of that before" thread. Not a, "let's make fun of someone" thread. Goodness.

I do have a brain injury, from an accident I was involved in while I was a police officer and saved a kids life, no I'm not mentally retarded. I just didn't think of plugging it in to the UMK3 cab. I was moving some stuff around, looking into the uni bios options, and it kinda just came in my head, "why not, it's a jamma harness". So I did, it works (obviously), and I kinda beat myself up over it for not thinking about it before.

I'm not sure why all the jokes are necessary. Something constructive, ya know..

I'm going to ask for the thread to be closed, and at the very least, I got a picture of how some of the community members here treat others.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
Out of curiosity, if this was a “why didn’t I think of that before” moment, how did you imagine this thread going?

Additionally, as mentioned, doing some research would be a good idea, especially before you start plugging together miscellaneous things because they look like they could go together. While this one worked out okay, it’s definitely possible to damage boards or cabinets by plugging in things that don’t go together.