Rate it! : Waku Waku 7 edition

What do you rate it?

• Total voters

Sepeh

Crossed Swords Squire
One of best fighters on Neo Geo. It' s must have, just buy it, you won't regret it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
Is the gameplay as fast-paced as ROTD? or more SVC-ish?
Neither, I guess the comparison with ROTD pops up because of the different use of the Neo when it comes to sprites, it's not like KOF or SS sprites, the game plays like Vampire Savior, I think that's the closest you can get to it.

It's wacky as hell, so if you have a good sense of humor you'll like it. The bonus round, or mid-boss if you will is hilarious, and the boss is crazy too! You would not regret getting this, if you don't like it sell it, is a well sought after game.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
wow, noone rated below a 5 and the majority hits over 7. i'd say that's a pretty good recommendation Xian.

thanks for the topic, i found this thread useful as well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
jonny419 said:
wow, noone rated below a 5 and the majority hits over 7. i'd say that's a pretty good recommendation Xian.

thanks for the topic, i found this thread useful as well.

Ya I'll probably make another tpoic for another game as these type of "quick reviews" really help because it comes from more than one person.

I'm showing the average vote to be around 7.9 for WW7 which is very good so I will be picking it up.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Xian Xi said:
Is the gameplay as fast-paced as ROTD? or more SVC-ish?

gamerplay is faster than rotd. at least from what i can remember. like somebody else mentioned it plays a little like breaker, same combos can be used as in from light to hard IIRC. finishing with a dm or special or EX move. no juggles form what i can remember. but really those juggles that were in rotd were fucking ugle. rather have no juggles at all then a fucked up juggling system, right? also another fun factor about the game is all the things you can do with your power meter. you can charge your character, you can use ex moves, you can use dm's, you can even use chargable dm's that take a while to charge up (everybodys takes around 2 to 4 second to charge up) and release a massive dm attack that cant be blocked and takes a shitload of damage. if you can get it to charge up without being kicked or combod. IMO all these points are great about the game, cept that it has no juggles.

other negatives are that there are only 8, 9 or 10 characters to choose from. not ts deep but then again what is. you do get a lot of options for such an old skoll fun fighter and it does play well.

at wasabi, newer games from snkp such as matrimelee i can only play on PC emu or ps2 versions(only own cdz). and matrimelee is one of those games ive hardy put time in. my lil bros liked it but not as much as the better fighters. but definitely far better than rotd. i havent really experimented with the combo and juggle system and cant really judge the game. though i do find rotd to be a piece of shit game, how fun can a game be when you can literally figure all the combos and juggles of a game in 1 day. not even a whole day but few hours of play actually. definitely not deep. matrimelee seemd far better and deeper fro what i can remember of combo vids.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
just save up and buy it from ECL

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Excellent fighting game and different from most of the other fighters that are out there.

Sepeh

Crossed Swords Squire
Gameoz said:
different from most of the other fighters that are out there.
One of the best parts in Waku Waku 7. That kind of fighting game you rarely see anymore.

Nubcakes

Stakes Winner
Yea WakuWaku7 isn't intended to be super technical like kof or shit. The game is just fun and has the best character selection song ever.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's coming up on 2 years and I still haven't gotten this game.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Good point LOL

Seriously though, I thought that Waku Waku 7 could have been so much more. If they only added a handful of more fighters and tightened up the combo system it woulda be aces. Too bad there wasn't a sequel or update version.

They did increase the roster and follow it up with a sequel it was called Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden or waku waku tenka

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I think it's a great game. Very comical and fun to play. The graphics still look great after all the years. Definitely worth picking up.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
It's coming up on 2 years and I still haven't gotten this game.

Wow. It's one of the games I regret selling. But what's done is done. I want to pick it up by the end of the year and throw it in my mini.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm in the vast minority on this, but I hate the game. Almost everything about it irritates me. I heard nothing but great things about it, which raised my expectations sky-high... And when I turned it on, it was the video game equivalent of fingernails clawing down a blackboard for me. I'd rather play Galaxy Fight, which I know and accept is not a better game.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Definately worthy of seeking a mint cart and paying the money to do so. You know I wouldn't steer you wrong.

...but that could take some serious seeking...just get a copy!