Rare Factory-Sealed Games Discovered After 27 Years In Storage

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Huh filming in that video is just awful. I found that stack o games. I would sell them in a heartbeat and buy loose/open copies of games I didn't have. Blow the rest on hookers and coke.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I saw this posted elsewhere. Didn't know there were Neo Geo games in there.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
A video game store closing down in the mid 90's? Damn, that was pretty hard to do unless there was a death and then for it to all go into storage? There's usually a liquidation rather than go to a storage facility...who paid the rent all these years?
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Nice haul. They can sell all that stuff off and then they'll be able to afford to redecorate their house, and Jan De Bont can get a hair cut and his beard trimmed.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
A video game store closing down in the mid 90's? Damn, that was pretty hard to do unless there was a death and then for it to all go into storage? There's usually a liquidation rather than go to a storage facility...who paid the rent all these years?
BB

That was my first thought when I read about this yesterday.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
The people in the video don't seem very bright.
They look.. high.

Must be the nineties air, or their phones is vibrating so much from flippers contacting them.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
People who don't play video games are furiously masturbating in anticipation of buying and not playing these.
it's sad that we're too deep into collectardism for something like this to actually result in the finders selling new copies to the community below market prices so everyone can experience opening a new snezzz cartridge again. Probably 20 years too late for that in fact.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
This story stinks. These guys are clearly game collectors and have done some research, but their claim to have discovered 1994 game store inventory features multiple titles that weren't released until late 1995. I won't be surprised to find out that the story is a hoax and half the stuff they say is factory sealed isn't. The sad thing is most of this shrink wrap will never be removed, so maybe we won't find out whether or not auction winners have been scammed.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I would have every last one of those games X-rayed ,any shrinkwrapped game nowadays for that matter due to the fact shrinkwrap machines are and were no big deal to get ahold of.
Video Games were so popular back then,it was impossible for a mom&pop video game store to have ten(10) to twenty(20) copies of anything unopened in stock!
BB

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I would have every last one of those games X-rayed ,any shrinkwrapped game nowadays for that matter due to the fact shrinkwrap machines are and were no big deal to get ahold of.
Video Games were so popular back then,it was impossible for a mom&pop video game store to have ten(10) to twenty(20) copies of anything unopened in stock!
BB
sorry, run those numbers by me again, I'm not sure I'm reading that right

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Who cares if someone has unopened games? There are a ton of methods for playing games from the 90’s. Hell, I barely even play my own originals any more. It’s more convenient to just play them off SD card. I should probably sell all the games and make a fortune.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It was impossible to have ten to twenty new copies of a certain title just sitting with nobody interested in it because distributors didn't supply mom&pop video game stores with that much and customers were interested in just about anything.
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It was impossible to have ten to twenty new copies of a certain title just sitting with nobody interested in it because distributors didn't supply mom&pop video game stores with that much and customers were interested in just about anything.
BB
It does seem excessive. You might expect them to have maybe one carton or perhaps a shipper of something they knew was going to be really popular.
It's interesting that stack of Saturn games at the start of the video... the Saturn didn't launch in the US until mid-1995 and Virtua Cop wasn't a launch title, that came out in '96.
What would they be doing with multiple copies of Sports Talk Football '93 in stock? That came out in '92... Surely you'd have put that in the bargain bin a long time before '94 rolled around. One of the crates has Fifa '95 in it... that didn't come out until November '94, so store must have shut pretty late in the year...
Probably all came from David Garretts stortage unit. Why didn't they bring out a crate of sealed Aero Fighters 3 carts? Would have made this video seem a lot more legit.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Someone deeply immersed in old games in 2022 may not realize this but mom and pop video game stores were pretty dang rare back then and the ones that existed in 1994 would be doing nearly %100 sales in used games. The idea of them “stocking up” on multiple copies of anything is far fetched, IMO. Maybe if it was in LA or NYC but probably not even then. Margins were low and prices high. If this store actually existed they sure sucked at business.

tbone3969!

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Something doesn't seem right with this story as the dates of the games don't align but in the end it doesn't matter. As long as they are all legit sealed games no one will care where they came from. These will go for high dollar on auction sites. Wonder how much it cost them for all this. Curious how much they will make... double, triple, 10x their money? Serious tax bill coming as well.