Raiden V

-D-

Zero's Secretary
So it's out, and I haven't had a lot of time with it yet, but initially it seems like it's not co-op............
The initialy playthrough gave me the impression that it's a solid shmup, I like the zoomed-out sections, and it really feels like they were trying to do something different this time around.

I'm still unsure about the OST, it's moved a bit away from the heavy synth, more toward orchestration + guitars. It just doesn't feel all that Raiden to me.......

Not regretting the purchase, but I'd love to hear what others think of it.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
It's on X-Box One, that's what I think. Looks good though.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
This game looks like it could have been Raiden IV DLC.

-D-

Zero's Secretary
This game looks like it could have been Raiden IV DLC.

Graphically-speaking? Maybe.

But overall it's really quite different, and it's also way longer than most shmups.

So looks must have been deceiving, because it's far beyond DLC.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno man, judging by that video...if you can stomach the "Rs" on that accent jesus fuck not even I roll my Rs that much. Anyway, I hope that was on baby easy though, there's like 5 bullets on screen at once at the most on that run...lol, looks promising, let's hope it's great.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Graphically-speaking? Maybe.

But overall it's really quite different, and it's also way longer than most shmups.

So looks must have been deceiving, because it's far beyond DLC.

I still fail to see what warranted the hardware upgrade. This seriously looks like something that belongs last-gen.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
but..but...but the ship has more details now up close for the intro...yay! Isn't that worth the release on new gen? I'm a Raiden Fanboy I used to play him in my 32X, such cool fatalities! Ahhhmamajeneje!!!

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Xbone deserves some love every now and then. Hopefully the shmups keep getting released thick and fast for the Bone.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
XBONE sucks, the only good thing about it is the D-Pad which I wish that tech was used on the PS4 D-pad although the D-pad on the PS4is pretty decent. However ever since the Vita I thought they would go that route with D-Pad tech...

That's why I love the Nintendo GBASP and DSiXL and 3DSxl, hell even the original DS had the same tactile microswitches, just an awesome feel, best D-Pads ever.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
XBONE sucks, the only good thing about it is the D-Pad which I wish that tech was used on the PS4 D-pad although the D-pad on the PS4is pretty decent. However ever since the Vita I thought they would go that route with D-Pad tech...

That's why I love the Nintendo GBASP and DSiXL and 3DSxl, hell even the original DS had the same tactile microswitches, just an awesome feel, best D-Pads ever.

You can use those pads on PC...just saying ....lol

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know it, I even like the wireless receiver for it, but it's pretty much a 100 bucks deal, I'm happy with my Logitech Rumblead 2 for now but sometime soon I will get it, my only complaint about the controller are the triggers, I hate triggers period, I much rather digital buttons, but hey the system is meant for Call of Duty and EA in general so maybe that's the best thing for it.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I'm not sure why the hate for the Xbone persists. I've got both systems and both seem to play Netflix equally well.

In all seriousness, the PS4 has the inferior controller. D-pad is a cheese grater. The trigger buttons activate when you set down the controller, rewinding and fastforwarding your movies when you font want them to. Perhaps most egregious is the "share" button being way too easy to press when using the D-pad. And... the handles look like a pair of cocks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, PS4>XBO all day everyday no matter what and I'm no sony fanboy, just the facts.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Let's turn the only modern shmup release thread into a console war.

Genesis>SNES

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
NES>ALL

Edit: OT, hey Chemz, how do you like them solitary bullets on RV? seems so promising...lol.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Ugh, I don't wanna have to hook up my Xbone. Anybody aware if this is getting released elsewhere?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I would venture to say it will at least get a Steam release down the line. Maybe even a overkill release.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Not to derail this thread - but I own both a xbone and PS4 and though I like both controllers - like K2 I prefer the xbone one.

Also - as of today...Xbone has way better exclusives than the PS4. It's not even close. This could (and probably will change in the future), but that's how I feel right now. And with Killer Instinct Season 3 and Quantum Break around the corner it is looking even better in the short term.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SFV destroys Killer Instinct, is GGXRD exclusive as well?...then that too. That's not even counting in the indies like Jamestown+ and Darius Burst. There's just too much good stuff on the PS4. I will get a XBO someday, not in a rush at all though, I'm not saying it's a bad system, it's pretty cool but in all honesty I got a PS4 just for SFV, I did get other games, not all exclusives but still I really like the PS4 better, a friend has a XBO, I just like the D-Pad the most but I'm not psyched for any of the exclusives, maybe Raiden V...maybe...