rage of dragons fix for 1 slot and mv-2F cap list

bwi

20 Year Member
Hey Guys

Was there ever a proper resolution to ROTD crashing on 1 slots?. I remember removing a resistor which i have just found, still doesnt fix the crashing problem.

Secondly is there a list of caps that people replace in the mv-2f boards? Aracedcompnents are out and console5 have said they will make a kit if i send it to them. So before i start pulling my cmvs apart has anyone got a list?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Hey Guys

Was there ever a proper resolution to ROTD crashing on 1 slots?. I remember removing a resistor which i have just found, still doesnt fix the crashing problem.

Secondly is there a list of caps that people replace in the mv-2f boards? Aracedcompnents are out and console5 have said they will make a kit if i send it to them. So before i start pulling my cmvs apart has anyone got a list?

Can you explain the ROTD crashing? I've never experienced this on my MV-1C or MV-1FZ

bwi

20 Year Member
Back when i originally bought my ROTD kit (way back when they were dumping them), the game would crash within minutes on my MV-1FZ. On my 2 slot it was fine. So i decided recently to have a search to see if it was ever resolved. The mv-1c i recently started consolizing has the same problem. Hence the post as my 2 slot is missing sound and i need to fix that

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Back when i originally bought my ROTD kit (way back when they were dumping them), the game would crash within minutes on my MV-1FZ. On my 2 slot it was fine. So i decided recently to have a search to see if it was ever resolved. The mv-1c i recently started consolizing has the same problem. Hence the post as my 2 slot is missing sound and i need to fix that

What BIOS are you using? I havent ever tested with stock BIOS. Only with UniBios 3.2 and 3.3 and I can say I've never had that issue.

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You have to make a small modification depending on the mvs system if it is the old or the mvf1

bwi

20 Year Member
1. Remove R1 resistor.
2. Remove R6 resistor (221 ohm).
3. Take resistor from R6 (221 ohm) and put it into R3

So this was the final solution and its a definite fix?