R-Type Getting a Cartridge Reissue for the Super Nintendo

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
just try finding a cheap copy of Super R-Type on eBay

Super R-Type is one of the cheapest shooters on the SNES. Because it sucks. Easily had for less than $10. On eBay.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I'm guessing that whoever wrote that article wasn't born yet when either of those games came out.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Super R-Type is one of the cheapest shooters on the SNES. Because it sucks. Easily had for less than $10. On eBay.

Collectors require that complete in mint box, and most of the boxes for Super R-Type were tossed since they got beat up sitting in the bargain bin for so long.

On a side note, seems like a fine time to sell my complete R-Type 3.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
SSFII for the SNES gets re-issued and it's overpriced and there are way better ways to play the game out there. Better and cheaper.
Breakers gets issued for the Dreamcast and it's a major disappointment but gotta have dat game because kollektionz!
Same story with that SNES fighting game.
Same story now with R-Type.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

Slowdown and what have you aside I would not say it sucks personally. What don't you like about it? It is boring overall, unspectacular and a little drab.

This reissue thing is pathetic

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Can I have it shipped directly to VGA to have my copy graded and sealed in acrylic?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Slowdown and what have you aside I would not say it sucks personally. What don't you like about it? It is boring overall, unspectacular and a little drab.

This reissue thing is pathetic

Joking aside, I really do love Super R-Type. It's one of my go-to games when I'm playing SNES.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
SSFII for the SNES gets re-issued and it's overpriced and there are way better ways to play the game out there. Better and cheaper. Breakers gets issued for the Dreamcast and it's a major disappointment but gotta have dat game because kollektionz! Same story with that SNES fighting game. Same story now with R-Type.

I really liked the fact that Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman Zero got a cartridge release. It's such an obscure and fun game I've always had a soft spot for. Sure, it's easy, and it's short, and you can beat just about anyone by cancelling the combo before the last hit, and starting it again, but getting something that's actually fun to play, and was a Satella exclusive was a treat.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I call these people weak. The difficulty is adjustable if you're a pansy, a retarded monkey can beat it on Novice.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
they should include a certification for being a stupid sucker instead.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
SSFII for the SNES gets re-issued and it's overpriced and there are way better ways to play the game out there. Better and cheaper.
Breakers gets issued for the Dreamcast and it's a major disappointment but gotta have dat game because kollektionz!
Same story with that SNES fighting game.
Same story now with R-Type.

didn't even know breakers got a fan release for the dreamcast. what was wrong with it?

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Why mention that emulators and roms are legally questionable but suggest paying someone $60 who has no legal right to sell it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Irem has nothing to do with this, right? Fake and gay.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Retrobit's other releases have been licensed*, to the best of my knowledge, I don't know why this would be any different.

*from the original copyright holders, not Nintendo.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
If I'm reading this right you get not only Super R-Type, but R-Type III as well- which isn't cheap anymore. I guess a good deal for someone who doesn't want to buy a flashcart, but I'm really not a fan of this thread.

They are also doing a release of Holy Diver if you scroll down.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Just get an everdrive. These carts are pointless even collectards as I can't see them having any value.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
R-Type sucks on the SNES.

I'm going to play the vastly superior arcade version now. I've been meaning to.