R-Type Final 2

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
They prolly already have the funding, this is just icing on the cake.

Probably the opposite IMO. They're using Kickstarter to show real investors that there is a certain level of interest in the game. It looks like it's about 2/5 funded, which is OK for the first day of a campaign. I might make it, might not.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
High reward tiers, 80€ for a physical release, only 7 days kickstarter...I don't like it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
One ¥1,100,000 or more backer already on board, estimated delivery 2020...I don't like it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
R-Type Final wasn't great anyway.

A not great Irem game is still better than the best works of many video game developers and Final remains an interesting failure that marked the last of Irem's teamings with the the sacramental R-Type franchise. I liked every bit of it.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Might back the digital release, or will this be available on psn in any case?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If it comes out cool but the third lightning really quenches my thirst for r-type.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say final is anywhere close to being a top 10 shmup. As it is, I never really cared for the series, but Final had a certain charm to it. The music and graphics were interesting. I liked the ship collecting. Slow down was bad, but with the right tweaks it could have been the perfect swan song. I gave up after a month or so. Maybe I should fire it up again.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Looks ok I guess but still apprehensive of the final result

R-Type was designed by way of calculation. By now, after so many sequels, every scene is practically captured with mathematical precision, thus can be recreated in countless variations -- and every one of them will be exciting, hellishly difficult and awesome to play. The creepy Bydo, i.e. Alien atmosphere is timeless, developing tools haven't change much, except for being easier to use, old hands are watching over this creation... all considered, there's no need for apprehension.

Of course, if you don't like R-Type in general, this looks like the final result could become a horrible game, horrible indeed ;).

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Actually it's not looking bad at all.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
R-Type was designed by way of calculation. By now, after so many sequels, every scene is practically captured with mathematical precision, thus can be recreated in countless variations -- and every one of them will be exciting, hellishly difficult and awesome to play. The creepy Bydo, i.e. Alien atmosphere is timeless, developing tools haven't change much, except for being easier to use, old hands are watching over this creation... all considered, there's no need for apprehension.

Of course, if you don't like R-Type in general, this looks like the final result could become a horrible game, horrible indeed ;).

I really hope you'r right Oliver. R-Type 1 is in my top 3 and I'd love to a good new iteration :)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
That was radical.

I don't know if it will be a day 1 purchase, but it looks pretty darn cool.

I’ll say 1 grab it just to support people making new shmups and bringing back R-Type :)

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Liked R-Type Final a lot for the ship collecting aspect, so I'm looking forward to this. I also will always support a half-decent "big budget" shmup just to support the market.
That being said, they need to have a toggle for that UE4 motion blur, cause the player looks smeared in Vaseline while moving and it's messing with my brain

shadowsfollow

New Challenger
I liked R-Type Final for the ships too, so much fun chasing for ships, very excited for this one too. R-Type is one of those series that I'm always looking forward to. Lots of great moments with it.

I always felt Ripley was riding the ship 'cause the art direction was so close to Aliens in some ways. So playing Konami Aliens to then jump into R-Type felt like it fit, those were the greatest days in gaming for me. Good times in space before Street Fighter II came out.

I really liked Dimensions, I've gotten it in just about everything when it's on a good sale. When I was a kid playing Super R-Type I enjoyed it but it didn't feel as intense as the arcade. How do you guys feel about the PC Engine port? Never played it, the 2 parts kinda turn me off, how does that go? Do you insert the second card half way in the game?
I think Lightning was awesome, those crazy mode7 effects were so memorable. 2 and Leo are in a league of their own, all amazing games. I'm also sentimentally attached to Delta.

The only R-type game I couldn't get into is Command. Strategy games aren't really for me.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Yes you will get a password when you finish the 4th level. R-Type II starts with the 5th level. The CD version is probably better with an arranged soundtrack and an extra boss.