R-Type Final 2

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I was super excited when I saw the title...then I saw "crowdfunding" and got super bummed.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Happily throwing my money @them for a physical release. Bought R-Type Final 15 years ago and hoped it won't be the last one. :drool:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I still reckon The Third Lightning would be more fun to play.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Irem stopped making games in 2011. Granzella was founded the same year by former Irem employes.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm not sure I want a new R-Type game from Irem's Playmore.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
April Fools or not, third-party console exclusives are certainly a joke.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I'd like to be optimistic about this but looking into Granzilla they haven't made a shmup yet. Sure "former Irem employees", but which ones? And are they still with the company (that was 8 years ago)?

That and R-Type Final was my least favorite in the series by far. I'm sure it got a lot of love from people who like to collect ships, but honestly the level design and pacing was just not up to R-Type standards (likely because it had to be designed to work with so many different ships).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
That and R-Type Final was my least favorite in the series by far. I'm sure it got a lot of love from people who like to collect ships, but honestly the level design and pacing was just not up to R-Type standards (likely because it had to be designed to work with so many different ships).

The slowdown killed it for me. Just thinking about level 3 makes me groan.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Granzella?
Their last game was utter garbage so don't hold your breath fellas.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'd love me another Gekibo, but due to the absolutism of political correctness today, this will just remain a dream.

Kid Fenris

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member

R-Type Final isn't my least favorite of the series (that'd be Super R-Type), but I know what you mean. Slower-paced and strategic shooters really need strong level design, since you'll have to retread them so much. I hit a wall in R-Type Final's difficulty and decided it wasn't worth the effort any longer.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Granzella said:
The platforms will be PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Steam.

Granzella said:
Campaign Period

The campaign will launch at the same time aroud the world. The estimated start times for reach region are as follows:
Japan Standard Time (JST) At Midnight on Tuesday June 4, 2019
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)   At 3 P. M. on Monday June 3, 2019
Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) At 11 A. M. on Monday June 3, 2019
Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) At 8 A. M. on Monday June 3, 2019

The campaign will last for about a week. We will announce the end date on the first day of this campaign.

Source