Question about selling.

ghostpilot

n00b
Hello there-

I have been collecting Neo-Geo MVS Carts since some time, and have got lots of duplicates. Now I feel that I should sell a few in order to raise some funds to buy more stuff.

The problem is I live in Pakistan. And the Neo scene does not exist here. Is it a good idea to post items here on neo-geo? I mean will there be concerns or questions? What shall I do to sell carts. I have tons of original Kof and Metal slugs. Any advise from senior members will be appreciated.

Thankyou & Have a great day.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Are you allowed to sell on eBay? If so, you could use it to buy & sell cartridges to help make your collecting easier. If not, yes, you could try doing it here, but you'll need to start very slowly, one completed transaction at a time, to slowly build up your trader rating, earn trust among the members here, etc.

ghostpilot

n00b
Are you allowed to sell on eBay? If so, you could use it to buy & sell cartridges to help make your collecting easier. If not, yes, you could try doing it here, but you'll need to start very slowly, one completed transaction at a time, to slowly build up your trader rating, earn trust among the members here, etc.

Thanks for the words my friend, yes I think I am allowed to sell on ebay. But I have not tried posting any ad there. I thought this was a more dedicated platform.

Also how to calculate the prices? On eBay, I saw there is a variation between prices. It seems like people put up prices as they please. But I want to be reasonable. I have a cart only collection of about 100+ games and half of them are duplicates, that I wanna sell. When I realized to collect MVS it was already too late and gone, which is why I want to raise some funds and expand my collection.

Also when I post ad, what type of images do I need to put up? Do I need to take the shots of PCBs too? Or videos?

Thanks & Regards.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Your packages will probably be drilled into.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
If you use eBay for prices, look at the sold listings, preferably auctions over BINs. ;)

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's always a good policy to post PCB photos, especially on rare or commonly bootlegged carts. Get good photos of the labels as well.

As a new and international member you will likely be expected to ship first with the buyer sending payment after they receive the game.

As for pricing:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268184-Unofficial-MVS-and-AES-Price-Guide

You will also be expected to contribute on the forums on a regular basis before using the market place. The market is part of a community and people who are only here to buy/sell are not generally tolerated.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
It's always a good policy to post PCB photos, especially on rare or commonly bootlegged carts. Get good photos of the labels as well.

As a new and international member you will likely be expected to ship first with the buyer sending payment after they receive the game.

As for pricing:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268184-Unofficial-MVS-and-AES-Price-Guide

You will also be expected to contribute on the forums on a regular basis before using the market place. The market is part of a community and people who are only here to buy/sell are not generally tolerated.

This, but that last part is first and foremost. Don't like any of these rules? Expect a market ban. Lastly, pricing, while required, is ultimately up to you to set, but expect your sale thread to go up in flames with ridiculous prices.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Props to you for going about this the right way instead of just jumping into the market.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'll add to all other advices, that your English is excellent, so you don't have to worry about miscommunication. Just make sure to photograph your stuff properly (opening the carts is obligatory) and prepare an adequate timeframe, where you'll always stay attainable to respond to inquiries. You can also check older successful sales threads for an example.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I need to save this image for future posts. Looks like a Pulstar cart. Original labels for that are rare.

ghostpilot

n00b
Your packages will probably be drilled into.
Yeah, that is already anticipated.

If you use eBay for prices, look at the sold listings, preferably auctions over BINs. ;)

Thanks, I will definitely do that. Actually I did some research on eBay and surprised to see that there are lot of people who are selling from my country. Which is a good sign. As @syn also advised.

As for pricing:

Thanks. Although this will make process slow, but I will do this. I have mostly legitimate carts but some of them are boots too. But off-course posting PCB scans will make things transparent. I plan to do that on this weekend. And I will not have a problem shipping item first. Because I want to be trusted and am as enthusiastic to collect missing titles as anybody else on this forum. Also when we ship items first, does any person become a mediator or we have to do the decision on the score rating? Like yours is 20 and 100%.
And sure I will try to be active on the forums.

Props to you for going about this the right way instead of just jumping into the market.

Thanks a lot my friend. I want to be a good part of this community because this is the only true place keeping neo alive.

I'll add to all other advices, that your English is excellent, so you don't have to worry about miscommunication. Just make sure to photograph your stuff properly (opening the carts is obligatory) and prepare an adequate timeframe, where you'll always stay attainable to respond to inquiries. You can also check older successful sales threads for an example.

Thank you. I like to learn English, it is my favorite language.

... but don't be an idiot and destroy the label by flipping the cart open all the way. Even a 90ー angle can leave white creases. Don't do more than ~30ー.

View attachment 44938

View attachment 44939

Thanks brother for the advice, I will definitely act wisely, I also love the labels, although most of them are beat up but I still like the original labels as is, instead of replacing them with brand new and by the way if that is Pulstar as @NeoAlec has mention, I think I have one.

Thank you very much guys, this help and support is phenomenal. This place is really great, to talk and discuss. And this positive response has encouraged me a lot.

Thank you.
hunters_salutation.gif

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pakistan would be a huge pain to ship in and out of. Shipping times will take too long. Shipping prices too high.

You might want to consolidate your purchases into a bulk deal and fly out to get it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Must be a new trend...

...I activated another account from Pakistan today...

xROTx

PS. If I ever discover ANY OF YOU work for a cold calling centre and has hassled me in the past...

...I aint gonna be happy...

ghostpilot

n00b
Pakistan would be a huge pain to ship in and out of. Shipping times will take too long. Shipping prices too high.

You might want to consolidate your purchases into a bulk deal and fly out to get it.

Thanks, Yes that can be, I will check for the prices from DHL and Fed Ex and Others. And True, bulk would save on both ends.

Must be a new trend...

...I activated another account from Pakistan today...

xROTx

PS. If I ever discover ANY OF YOU work for a cold calling centre and has hassled me in the past...

...I aint gonna be happy...

For your information, look at my registration/joining date.
I can see you are a skeptical person, but Gaming is world wide and multi cultural scene. There are great collectors here in my country too.
It can simply be like, people are getting interested in Neo-Geo, but why would you mind an account from a specific country?
And why would you relate the cold calling to me? This is a world wide thing and if there are people who are doing such acts, you should better find them and address them.
They can be from anywhere, even your neighbor can be one.

Thank you.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
For your information, look at my registration/joining date.
I can see you are a skeptical person, but Gaming is world wide and multi cultural scene. There are great collectors here in my country too.
It can simply be like, people are getting interested in Neo-Geo, but why would you mind an account from a specific country?
And why would you relate the cold calling to me? This is a world wide thing and if there are people who are doing such acts, you should better find them and address them.
They can be from anywhere, even your neighbor can be one.

Thank you.

Jun 2015?... I can read...

Also... you may consider I was actually playing...

I suppose in the 2 years you've been here you've never truly read around... because you just made a post that essentially says "RESPECT MA' FREEDUMBZ NG.COM... cuz I is a human being..."...

You may find that this line of posting won't work very much... as you got all Sandy Vag over ONE post...

Imagine what it'd be like when I'm not joking...

THINK ON IT... Seriously... this is NG.com.. not a place where you think your gaming nets entitlement allows you to... walk into someone elses house and not know who you're talking to.

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
ghostpilot is going to have so much fun here. I also reiterate the cold caller thing, I'll skin you.

ghostpilot

n00b
Jun 2015?... I can read...

Also... you may consider I was actually playing...

I suppose in the 2 years you've been here you've never truly read around... because you just made a post that essentially says "RESPECT MA' FREEDUMBZ NG.COM... cuz I is a human being..."...

You may find that this line of posting won't work very much... as you got all Sandy Vag over ONE post...

Imagine what it'd be like when I'm not joking...

THINK ON IT... Seriously... this is NG.com.. not a place where you think your gaming nets entitlement allows you to... walk into someone elses house and not know who you're talking to.

xROTx

LOL, at the terms you use, may be I will get accustomed to people and norms here. But it will take some time.

You are right, my activity has been dormant. Which does not make me truly present.

Sorry, I really didn't get that you were kidding. May be I need to improve my English further. Honestly, I thought you were serious. But as you can see, I always try to be eloquent, actually that is a personal thing. So don't mind please. ... cuz I is a human being...

And I have idea who you are, since you mentioned that you activated an account.

I think I got your point. But as you said I am technically new here hope you will guys will bear a bit if I make anybody sandy vag :)

Thanks.

ghostpilot is going to have so much fun here. I also reiterate the cold caller thing, I'll skin you.

Now I got it :)