PS4/PS4 Pro mods?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I haven't turned my PS4 Pro on in like a year. I just hooked it back up and it wants to update the FW...but I think to myself, "what if there are some badass mods out by now?" and I shouldn't update it until I know. I did some googling, but found jack shit.

Anyone?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If the firmware is 9.00 or lower you can make use of the web browser exploit, you gotta run it each time to jailbreak the console but you can keep it in sleep mode anyway.

Then it's open season! I did it for a bit but then ran out of shit I wanted to play and bought a PS5. My Pro sold quick though!

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
If the firmware is 9.00 or lower you can make use of the web browser exploit, you gotta run it each time to jailbreak the console but you can keep it in sleep mode anyway.

Then it's open season! I did it for a bit but then ran out of shit I wanted to play and bought a PS5. My Pro sold quick though!
How much did the Pro go for? 🤔

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Most of the games still being released are geared towards the ps4/pro. I hear Gow Ragnarok graphics are pretty similar on ps4 and 5. I think in by the late 23 early 24 you'll start seeing more ps5 exclusives.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I actually just updated it and reinstalled Titanfall 2, holy shit I forgot how great that game is.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I havent turned on my hacked PS4 in a while, it still requires running the hack every time the system is rebooted? Its not a huge deal, but just wondering.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I still haven't upgraded to a PS5.

PS4 games still look good.

RDR2 is the most amazing looking game on the system.

Just buy it, it's cheap as fuck.

Last of Us Part 2 looks very good as well.

The game itself though is a woke piece of shit.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I havent turned on my hacked PS4 in a while, it still requires running the hack every time the system is rebooted? Its not a huge deal, but just wondering.
Yeah pretty much, might've changed recently though.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I never had a PS4, or 3, I just jumped straight to the PS5.
I might buy a 3 if it's cheap enough and can find a list of worthwhile games.
Otherwise I have nothing of real value to add to this conversation and just wanted someone to talk to. 😢

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Otherwise I have nothing of real value to add to this conversation and just wanted someone to talk to. 😢

PS3 has a really solid lineup, so does PS4 - I could just play PS4 backlog and hopefully knock a dent into it before I am dead.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I have 2 PS3s that were gifted to me. They're supposedly easy to hack too. I just can't be bothered to do it. Most of the best games were cross platform and the few exclusives don't do it for me.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I have 2 PS3s that were gifted to me. They're supposedly easy to hack too. I just can't be bothered to do it. Most of the best games were cross platform and the few exclusives don't do it for me.
I just know I see games for it dirt cheap at flea markets, toy shows, and eBay all the time and I get curious.
PS3 games are the only PS I have no way to play, even if other versions are available.
If I find one for around $80 or so I might bite.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If you like MGS a PS3 is worth a gander. The HD collection hasn't been released on anything else since and would be the definitive way to play.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yeah I was going to mention the PS3 is a great MGS box, and it has literally all of the MGS games from 1 to 5, plus some bonuses like Peace Walker.

I kept my PS3 the longest time as a Yakuza 3-5 box but even that got re-released in a much playable state on the PS4 (and consequently playable on PS5). There really isn't much to the console worth playing nowadays besides the MGS games.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
If you like MGS a PS3 is worth a gander. The HD collection hasn't been released on anything else since and would be the definitive way to play.

I thought that HD collection made it to the Xbox as well?

I could’ve easily googled this information, but fuck you lach I want you to give me an answer.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I thought that HD collection made it to the Xbox as well?

I could’ve easily googled this information, but fuck you lach I want you to give me an answer.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right there roker but xbox is ghey.