PS3/PSP/Vita stores shutting down

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not in the loop of what has been released on other platforms but I have a good amount of ps1 games. Some good one's like Ridge Racer R4, Tekken's, Rtype Delta, Castlevania Chronicles, Strider 2, just to name a few. Ps2 titles like CVS2, God Hand, Contra Shattered Soldier.

Other Stuff

Super Hang On
Rampage World Tour
Mortal Kombat 2
X-Men
Simpsons
Darkstalkers Res
Under Defeat HD
Third Strike Online Edition
Marvel Vs Capcom Origins
Daytona USA
D&D Collection
Wipeout HD plus Fury Addon
Scott Pilgrim
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Resogun
Super Street Fighter 2 HD remix
Tekken 5 Dark Res
Soldner X and X2
Sega Rally
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Nba Jam On Fire Edition
Tekken Revolution
Jet Set Radio
Hard Corps Uprising

A bunch of ps3 games, some more digital stuff, and a few ACA Neo-Geo titles. Some of my stuff is ps plus subscription but most is purchased.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I've had a cfw for ages now on my PS3. Piracy saves teh day once again.
Spoke too soon, tried to replace the HDMI IC on my slim PS3 with a shitty soldering iron with predictable results... now I'm in the market for another one lol

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Spoke too soon, tried to replace the HDMI IC on my slim PS3 with a shitty soldering iron with predictable results... now I'm in the market for another one lol
You should import one over from Japan. PS3s are dirt cheap over there now, and you can find a boxed Slim console with an original controller and all the cables for $60-$70. It’s crazy.

Here, Burning Fight, scoop this. $60 CIB, confirmed working.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You should import one over from Japan. PS3s are dirt cheap over there now, and you can find a boxed Slim console with an original controller and all the cables for $60-$70. It’s crazy.

Here, Burning Fight, scoop this. $60 CIB, confirmed working.

Thanks Digmacman, but JP shipping is currently Surface/DHL only for Brazil. Definitely worth it if you have airmail with Japan Post still established for your country though!

I actually bought a Silver Satin CECHH00. Always wanted to have a FAT so it's going to be a fun stopgap to another slim until this inevitably fails :lolz:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just got the email as well. Looks like you still will have access to download purchased games. Good

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
.... Does this mean that my PlayStation device will not be significantly more valuable come August P-Day ??
10zlh5.jpg

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
At least you can still d/l the shit you already own. They're retarded... just not Nintendo retarded.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Another bummer is Breath of Fire III isn't available in the NA PSN for Vita.

Anyone know the specific reason? I know that there was a potential legal problem with releasing it in NA. The most detailed info I could find was that there was a "legal issue with one of the character models".

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
If I didn't have all these original PS1 game original discs I might be more upset. Tho I have feeling the market for these games are going to go up now that the store is going away. Seriously games like Suikoden II are fucking awesome but the physical disc price is outrageously fucking stupid.

Time to hook up the PS3 and check what I might be missing from that RPG list.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
What's with the JP PS Classic games that are on the US PSN store anyway? They have a handful of Japanese games no one's ever heard of before, untranslated, and they all seem to be reliant on being able to read adult level Japanese. Why couldn't they have just put something people would actually buy that's already on the JP store, like Battle Arena Toshinden

This 100%. I never understood why Battle Arena Toshinden 1, 2 Plus, and 3 made it to the japanese psn but not to the north american store... and yet, Battle Arena Toshinden was eventually included on the north american Playstation Classic console.

Oddly enough, King of Fighters 95 got a similar treatment. KOF 99 for ps1 made it to the north american psn, yet the english port of kof95 was omitted even though all kof titles made it to the japanese psn.

I’m not sure if it was an SNK Playmore decision or a Sony one, but the heavy SNK support for ps1 classics on the japanese psn pretty much guaranteed that I bought all my ps1 classics from the japanese store exclusively.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I wonder if you will still be able to download patches and updates after the stores close? That is one thing I did not see any mention of.

I wish they would have a big fire sale, but I doubt that will happen

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I wonder how long netflix will work. Basically my PS3 is a netflix and blueray machine for my son. Would suck for him to lose that compatibility.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I wonder how long netflix will work. Basically my PS3 is a netflix and blueray machine for my son. Would suck for him to lose that compatibility.
If they do cut support for it, I'd say get a cheap Roku. Works perfectly for streaming services.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
If they do cut support for it, I'd say get a cheap Roku. Works perfectly for streaming services.
I think you would need an older one for 480i support, PS3 seems to be the best option for Netflix on a SD CRT via RGB currently

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I think you would need an older one for 480i support, PS3 seems to be the best option for Netflix on a SD CRT via RGB currently
He didn't mention that was his setup, though, and I somewhat doubt he would be running RGB from his PS3 to a CRT so his son could watch Blu Rays. :lolz:

EDIT: I'm stupid.

Last edited:

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
He didn't mention that was his setup, though, and I somewhat doubt he would be running RGB from his PS3 to a CRT so his son could watch Blu Rays. :lolz:
Actually that is exactly what im doing. My son is 2 and he already broke one flatscreen tv a few months ago. With a CRT he can go ham and throw his toy dinosaurs at it without me freaking out.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Actually that is exactly what im doing. My son is 2 and he already broke one flatscreen tv a few months ago. With a CRT he can go ham and throw his toy dinosaurs at it without me freaking out.
I stand corrected then. How are you running RGB to the CRT?

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Oh its composite not RGB. Just morso agreeing with the PS3 running to the crt. So its very handy in my case. Don't know what options Id have once the ps3 loses support. Unless I can configure a streaming device to go back that far.

Or maybe by that time it loses support he'll be older and more careful with the tv.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Oh its composite not RGB. Just morso agreeing with the PS3 running to the crt. So its very handy in my case. Don't know what options Id have once the ps3 loses support. Unless I can configure a streaming device to go back that far.

Or maybe by that time it loses support he'll be older and more careful with the tv.
Ah, gotcha. Does the CRT support component by chance? If so, an HDMI to component converter might not be a bad option. Cheap ones can be had for around $20-$25. At least that way you could use a wide range of cheaper streaming devices for him.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I stand corrected then. How are you running RGB to the CRT?
You could run Rgb to a CRT with PS3. Just use a ps2 scart cable and change video output from HDMI to RGB. I hooked up my PS3 to my pvm to run Castlevania Chronicles on it. Looks damn good.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
You could run Rgb to a CRT with PS3. Just use a ps2 scart cable and change video output from HDMI to RGB. I hooked up my PS3 to my pvm to run Castlevania Chronicles on it. Looks damn good.
For sure, I’ve done that with a PVM before as well. I was more curious what his specific setup was like for his son.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Another bummer is Breath of Fire III isn't available in the NA PSN for Vita.

Anyone know the specific reason? I know that there was a potential legal problem with releasing it in NA. The most detailed info I could find was that there was a "legal issue with one of the character models".
IIRC, the costume of a boss character named "Stallion" in the localized version had the same color scheme & design motifs as the first iconic Ultraman from eponymous 1966 JP tv show.