PS3/PSP/Vita stores shutting down

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Anyone care?

I still have some solid digital stuff that I purchased and play on occasion (Third Strike, Super Hang On, D&D Collection, God Hand, Daytona, The Simpsons, X-Men, MKII). Don't know if purchased games will still be available for download once store's close. Not much information yet. The way Sony handles this will be the deciding factor on whether or not I buy any new games and consoles in the future. I don't like surrounding myself with shelves full of games anymore and prefer digital but if I have no way of downloading stuff I purchased if something happens down the road, that's no bueno.

I know alot of this stuff is available on the PSNow but not a fan of how that stuff runs on the browser. Hopefully Sony allows stuff you purchased to be downloaded on future consoles.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Will this make individual PSVitas containing certain games on them extremely valuable?

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I need to do some research and figure out what "must have" digital only titles I should grab before they're gone.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I need to do some research and figure out what "must have" digital only titles I should grab before they're gone.
Ditto if this does happen in july i must buy a bigger hard drive for my ps3 asap then.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Guess ill buy cvs2 on my ps3 now. Just to have it on there. My vita is loaded with stuff though. It would suck for your system to crap out and have all those games lost with no way back.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
It doesn’t even matter when you have access to jailbroken PS3s, PSPs, and Vitas. You can defeat DRM on the PSP and Vita to install whatever you can find online, and on the PS3 you can install license files for PSN game PKGs. Being able to download lots of delisted games is another huge perk. I’ve got a 1TB drive in my PS3, and 128GB was enough on my PSP.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
There’s a bunch of ps1 and ps2 classics plus psp games that I need purchase since the physical prices are through the roof. I also need to research some ps3 avatars that could be used for current gen. I would rather not deal with piracy, but Sony has already lost that battle for anything pre ps4. So even if the games are delisted, they won’t truly be gone.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Outside of piracy, there’s still a lot of great digital exclusives on the ps3. Blood Rayne Betrayal, Moon Diver, Hard Corps Uprising, Castlevania: HoD, etc that I wish would have received physical releases.

Beyond the actual games, it’s all the supplemental patches, dlc modes, characters, and missing delisted extra content/options that may prove to be a pain for ps3 games in particular over the coming years as existing gamesave files look for content that no longer exists/is accessible.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is why I spit in the face of anyone who whines about piracy.
Guess ill buy cvs2 on my ps3 now. Just to have it on there. My vita is loaded with stuff though. It would suck for your system to crap out and have all those games lost with no way back.

Yea, Piracy for the most part is what keeps old games alive. Never had a problem with everdrives and modded consoles. If anything, alot of these companies have taken advantage of emulation and made money off of it. There are always the collectors who play the roms and end up purchasing the real thing eventually or like owning physical copies of digital games that are "Limited".

So word on the street is backwards compatibility is coming to the PS5. So they might be preparing something here. They know there is going to be a backlash over this PS3 stuff.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
well i am certainly not buying a PS5.

Any new handhelds coming out , or has this sector of gaming been fully raped & pillaged by smartphones without buttons?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
well i am certainly not buying a PS5.

Any new handhelds coming out , or has this sector of gaming been fully raped & pillaged by smartphones without buttons?
Yea, I still don't know if I want to buy these new console's either.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

Any better than the Dreamcast version?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Also, 3D dot hero I believe is available for digital purchase. I think the physical copies are in the 60+ range now.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I've had a cfw for ages now on my PS3. Piracy saves teh day once again.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I still get Japanese PSN games on PS3 once in a while, I’ll be picking some more of those up while the store is up.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
What's with the JP PS Classic games that are on the US PSN store anyway? They have a handful of Japanese games no one's ever heard of before, untranslated, and they all seem to be reliant on being able to read adult level Japanese. Why couldn't they have just put something people would actually buy that's already on the JP store, like Battle Arena Toshinden

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
It doesn’t even matter when you have access to jailbroken PS3s, PSPs, and Vitas. You can defeat DRM on the PSP and Vita to install whatever you can find online, and on the PS3 you can install license files for PSN game PKGs. Being able to download lots of delisted games is another huge perk. I’ve got a 1TB drive in my PS3, and 128GB was enough on my PSP.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
What's with the JP PS Classic games that are on the US PSN store anyway? They have a handful of Japanese games no one's ever heard of before, untranslated, and they all seem to be reliant on being able to read adult level Japanese. Why couldn't they have just put something people would actually buy that's already on the JP store, like Battle Arena Toshinden
I haven’t even looked at the ps3 psn since they removed standard webstore. Which is a shame because searching via ps3 is excruciatingly slow.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yeah, everyone's lining up to play Neo Planet
ss7.jpg

It actually looks pretty cool, but if they're going to do this shit then just make the fucking PSN store region free.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Lots of people said that piracy saves the day... but you might not have tried to grab some of these games recently - especially for Vita/PSP. Two weeks ago I booted up my Henkaku/jailbroken Vita for the first time in a while and it was bricked. I had to grab all the games again... without NPS Browser and the desktop version of it (PGKj), I would have been shit out of luck. The problem is both those programs pull from the official Sony store for the downloads... so when Sony closes down, they won't be there anymore.

I had a couple troublesome games in NPS/PGKj, and/or couldn't find the USA version of them (didn't want to play PAL or in Japanese language), and I tried to grab it through the sites we all know and didn't have any luck. Ever since Nintendo shut down the biggest ones a couple years ago, and a bunch of stuff got pulled from Archive, it's been extremely hard to grab some of this stuff... especially those eBoots which weren't super popular and the Vita/PSP uses. I'm in quite a few member-only groups, get all those Google Drive libraries and all that, and STILL couldn't find a bunch of games...

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
While this hasn't been officially announced, I'm going to start going through all my PS3/Vita games and make sure I have the latest patches and all the DLC I want just in case this is true. It is a task I need to do anyway.

What are everyones favorite digital only PS3 games that are not available on other consoles/pc?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
It sucks that this will probably break video streaming apps like Hulu that require a PSN connection too. What a bummer.