Problem with CMVS Sync on Samsung Plasma but MVS works ok via Vogatek and other TV[SOLVED]

brettster

n00b
This is a bit of a weird one, I made a CMVS which has been working fine on my old TV and other tv's too via RGB Scart. I now have a new Samsung Plasma and the picture rolls, like a sync issue. I've read alot about sync issues but the weird thing is that if I connect the board up via a Vogatek supergun it works fine. So I would take that my TV can handle the Sync ok. MY TV also works fine with a AES via Scart too for what it's worth.
I've tried my CMVS on a host of other TV's which also work fine. so im a bit stumped now!

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
There's actually two ways you can get sync for your RGB, composite video or composite sync. Once you figure out which one your CMVS is using (probably C-sync), you might want to try the other to see if it makes any difference.

It could also be that Samsung Plasma is a piece of crud, much like everything Samsung makes.

brettster

n00b
your not wrong about Samsung !! Im not sure how to get the Composite video from an MVS board, all I can find is Sync which is connected to pin 20 on the RGB Scart.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can try putting a 0.1uf cap inline on the sync line. See if that helps.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
your not wrong about Samsung !! Im not sure how to get the Composite video from an MVS board, all I can find is Sync which is connected to pin 20 on the RGB Scart.

Oh fook, silly me. When I read "CMVS" I keep thinking there's an NTSC video encoder in there somewhere. Composite video is an NTSC thing, you won't find it in a RGB/SCART configuration. Technically C-sync is better than composite video, but some TVs are just plain weird and can work with comp video better than pure c-sync.

Try doing what Xian Xi suggested.

Last edited:

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi,

You can try putting a 0.1uf cap inline on the sync line. See if that helps.

If this solution doesn't work, try to change the resistor in the sync line on your cmvs and put a resistor with the same or higher value than the vogatek sync resistor.

Un saludo

brettster

n00b
Thanks for the Help Guys, Fremen you win, I used the same Resistor as in the Vogatek and perfect 64" CMVS action :)

neo_mvs.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Very nice. Any way you can adjust the overscan?

brettster

n00b
Thanks again :)
The TV can adjust the Overscan but only from the Service Menu, so no major problem.
Im a Happy Bunny