Prices Required in Selling Threads

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
I don't know if its just me but lately it seems like alot of people are posting things for sale and not including their asking price or anything, they just want you to contact them with an offer. Would it be too much to ask them to at least list a price? Its just annoying contacting someone and then finding out someone else offered more money or whatever. If i'm offbase i apologize, but it doesn't seem like its too much to ask.

Last edited:

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Make a $1 offer and if they say no keep upping the offer by $1 until they say yes. PM them though because it's more fun that way. Of course you could do it in the thread and make it a bidding war

muffinman943

Banned
I hate MAKE OFFER threads, hate em.. I just ignore them now, and don't even bother with them even if its something I really want.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Let me play a violin while I read this thread.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
I just got out of a thread that has no prices set for any of the items.

Seriously, there has got to be a rule for this. I don't even bother for those who don't post any prices. It's really annoying. Really, it is.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
RandomN00b (0)
Timid Neo Newbie
teacup.gif

"I'LL GIVE YOU $200 SHIPPED FOR KOF 98 MVS. PM SENT!"

:up: I'd really miss this sort of thing if prices were required. :up:

Threads without prices are irritating (most threads USED to have prices...), but you can't really force someone to set a price. Why? Someone could always say they don't know what something's worth. (One of many reasons.)

xmods (jwm2)

Dodgeball Yakuza
RocketLawnChair said:
RandomN00b (0)
Timid Neo Newbie
teacup.gif

"I'LL GIVE YOU $200 SHIPPED FOR KOF 98 MVS. PM SENT!"

:up: I'd really miss this sort of thing if prices were required. :up:

Threads without prices are irritating (most threads USED to have prices...), but you can't really force someone to set a price. Why? Someone could always say they don't know what something's worth. (One of many reasons.)

Yeah but imo if they don't know what its worth then they should take it to ebay and let the market decide. I dunno its just abit annoying is all, but hey thats just me. And btw 68k you've been added to my ignore list. Fuck off troll.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Seriously, this should be a rule. I'm sick of the "PM me offers, but don't lowball me or I'll kill your mother" threads. If you don't want a lowball, THEN PUT A FUCKING PRICE DOWN. If it were up to me, I'd get the game for $1 shipped. I can't read your mind.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
xmods said:
68k you've been added to my ignore list.

You're really missing out.

He's not sporting a stradivarius, but the man plays a mean violin none the less.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
its not as bad as 'gauging interest' threads.

fucking saps, sell it or don't

yeah, offers threads fucking suck too, sellers are fookin' pussies nowadays

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
You're really missing out.

He's not sporting a stradivarius, but the man plays a mean violin none the less.
i'd say it's more a fiddle. him being from alabama and all.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
We could just agree to lowball the hell out of threads without prices.

20 Year Member
This idea is retarded on many levels. Yes it is annoying when you have to make an offer on something...but what can be done about it? Do you honestly believe the mods are going to pick through each selling thread to confirm there is a price listed for each item? LOL you are a fucking moron. Hell, there are still active accounts for known scammers on the forums (hines, sir ruiz JUNIOR, etc...).

Put it on ebay to determine market value...lol. Ignore lists: for those who actually get angry at the internet :)

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
i'd say it's more a fiddle. him being from alabama and all.

don't kid yourself. what he calls a violin and what you think is a fiddle is in reality nothing more than a jaw harp. be that as it may, the dude is a fucking wizard on that jaw harp.

20 Year Member
jonny419 said:
don't kid yourself. what he calls a violin and what you think is a fiddle is in reality nothing more than a jaw harp. be that as it may, the dude is a fucking wizard on that jaw harp.

Absolutely right jonny, and it's tear-jerking threads like this that make me want to play for y'all

wstockton4.JPG

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THE NAME OF TEXAS IN VAIN!

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:

If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band.

That lead guitar is hot but not for a loouuuusssiaannaaa maaannnnn!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:

Hahahaha

Years ago I took one of those "Don't mess with Texas" bumper stickers and took a pair of scissors to the D in Don't and changed it to say "I mess with Texas"

Really got pissed off when some dickhead peeled it off the bumper one day. I came out of a store and it was GONE.

Anyway... Why set up an unenforceable policy? I don't see how the small moderator team keeps up with the volume of messages on this board as it is today let alone add in a duty for them to kill threads without prices.

It would be far easier for everyone to simply ridicule the posters into checking eBay completed auctions and the Neo pricing guides for their answers. And ridiculing users is far more fun ;)

RJ

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
68k said:
If you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band.

That lead guitar is hot but not for a loouuuusssiaannaaa maaannnnn!
fuck alabama

20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
fuck alabama

alabama is the only country band I enjoy listening to, I cant stand the rest.

Ironic yes.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
68k said:
alabama is the only country band I enjoy listening to, I cant stand the rest.

Ironic yes.
you need to learn you some hank williams boy! not hank williams junior, not hank williams III, the original.

20 Year Member
You guys are lost. The tide > you

OMG OHIO ST8

brb, gotta take the browns to the superbowl