Price Check - Irritating Maze Track Ball Set

mcjefe

n00b
I have a local guy that has a brand new track ball set for Irritating Maze. He broke the seal in front of me and we were checking it out. It comes with the big red ball, a sub PCB of some sort that looked like it had JAMMA connectors on both sides (one male, one female) and a bag full of extra red and blue buttons.

I couldn't find any of these on eBay sold listings, so I was unsure of what to offer him for them. Does anyone here have any idea of what those kits are worth?

I bought a loose Irritating Maze off of him for pretty cheap, but it would be cool to also grab that trackball set. I just don't want to overpay.

Thanks in advance!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have a local guy that has a brand new track ball set for Irritating Maze. He broke the seal in front of me and we were checking it out. It comes with the big red ball, a sub PCB of some sort that looked like it had JAMMA connectors on both sides (one male, one female) and a bag full of extra red and blue buttons.

I couldn't find any of these on eBay sold listings, so I was unsure of what to offer him for them. Does anyone here have any idea of what those kits are worth?

I bought a loose Irritating Maze off of him for pretty cheap, but it would be cool to also grab that trackball set. I just don't want to overpay.

Thanks in advance!

I paid $200 for my kit but it wasn't new. Tough to put a value on it but try to keep it within reason. There's a very limited market for an Irritating Maze kit other than hardcore collectors. Maybe offer $100 more than you paid for the loose cart?

EDIT: I'm assuming the kit comes with a new cart, right?

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Does the kit look like the one on Hard MVS?
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/iMazeQ.htm
IMkitOpenSM.jpg

Make sure it has the dedicated MV-1B as well, you'll need it to use the trackball as it has a unique bios.

mcjefe

n00b
The cart I got was brand new and never used. He had bought up a ton of them about 10 years ago when an operator was liquidating his stock.

I paid $200 for my kit but it wasn't new. Tough to put a value on it but try to keep it within reason. There's a very limited market for an Irritating Maze kit other than hardcore collectors. Maybe offer $100 more than you paid for the loose cart?

EDIT: I'm assuming the kit comes with a new cart, right?