Prestige from NGF

NGF

NEST Puppet
Here is the tracking number as promised Shawn: EK779795851US

"Your item was delivered at 5:26 pm on September 17 in MEMPHIS TN 38101. "

Once again, you have gained some valuable NGF cartridges which add prestige your Neo collection.

Prompt and curtious turn-around with FREE shipping and a great deal.

NGF
www.neogeofreak.com

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited September 18, 2000).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
That sounds great. I'd like to buy some "Prestige from NGF" as well, Dion.

I figure that "Prestige from NGF" should be worth about 50 cents . . .
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Sign me up for that . . . only, send the Prestige first, and I'll send the payment later. No offense, I'd just rather have the "Prestige" first before I pay for it.
wink.gif

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I guess you can only afford 50 cents or maybe that's all your worth.

Either way, I don't think you'll EVER have prestige in your life. What can you possibly amount to?

Dion - "the GOAT"

Shawn

snkusa.com
The package arrived today via USPS Express mail service at noon today. Very fast shipping, and nice packaging. Each game was encased in plenty of bubble wrap and taped securely.

Unfortunately, Janshin (Jap version) was not included in the shipment. There was no room left inside the box of 7 carts, so I assume you shipped it separately, or simply forgot. I can accept the fact that you forgot to send Mahjong Janshin Densetsu, since it is the least expensive of the eight. The shipping weight of the entire package filled in by the USPS says 11 lbs. & 6.4 ozs.

The inserts look great, and the cart stickers are well applied and bubble free. The carts used for the conversions are in very nice condition. I’m convinced these were your personal copies.

All of the converted games received played successfully except for Strikers 1945 Plus. Before concluding that this game was faulty, I used a new game cleaning kit that I have never had to use until today. After meticulously cleaning the Strikers 1945’s contacts and the system contacts, I was still unable to get anything other than a black screen with many white blocks. I even tried playing Strikers on several of the other cart systems I have, but still no success.

I would appreciate Janshin and a working Strikers before you leave to Japan.

NGF

NEST Puppet
Shawn,

Glad to hear you are happy with your carts. The Janshin was not included because I thought I had one(my own), but forgot about selling it a little while back(knowing I would replace it in Japan). No problems though, it is in the mail from the LV branch of NGF(for arrival on wed). The Strikers was my personal copy(tested of course before leaving my house) and was working fine. Was the box damaged(shipping box) on arrival? I have found the protected games to be ALOT more fragile in terms of banging around). What are the symptoms of the cart? If you pop it in and let it play what does it do? Does it just "tick tick tick" when you plug it in? Is there sound? Let me know. Please keep all the packing materials and original shipping box in case I have to make an insurance claim(I did get extra insurance). I doubt it is anything big. Unfortunately, there is no way I can get you another strikers before i go to Japan, or fix this one(im leaving less than 48h). You can send it back to me to look at when I get back to colo(2 weeks). It is probably something really small. If you dont want to wait I am willing to pay Jeff to look at it in my absence(my expense) if he wants to. Probably super easy money for him. If the sticker is damaged in the process it will be replaced. So make your choice, whatever you want to do(your the customer).

Please dont throw away the box and packing materials though, if the box was banged around and something happened to the cart, i want to recover from USPS.

Any questions or concerns contact me.

Thanks,

Chris Ray

NGF

Shawn

snkusa.com
The shipping box looks intact to me. No dents or punctures out of the ordinary, considering the box shows signs of being used for a previous shipment. The Strikers new-style case and insert look fine as well. I suppose something shook loose during the shipment, but I don’t hear anything “rattle” inside of the Strikers cart.

The white blocks that are on the black screen appear to be the game. I see what represents the start up screen, and an intro. The blocks are very abstract, but it’s clearly the running of the program. No sound was ever experienced.

I can return the game to you for repair, considering you are the one who will have to replace the cart sticker. Is it possible to repair the game without damaging the cart sticker?

NGF

NEST Puppet
Shawn,

it is possible to open a cart without "damaging" the cart sticker, but its also possible to crease it if your not careful. I was just saying if you didnt want to wait for me to get back, and you sent it to Jeff for the fix, if the sticker was not as good as you thought it was before I would replace it free of charge of course. If your willing to wait the 2 weeks I will take care of it for you no problem, I just wanted to offer you an alternative(since speed of service was out objective).

The box was a reuse, but deemed strong and still worthy. Please still keep the box and all the packing materials for a future claim if necessary.

Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,

Chris

NGF

Shawn

snkusa.com
I will keep the box and all bubble wrap used in the exact condition it was received. $51.05 for shipping? You know, you could have just sent by priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance, but thanks!

I will be shipping the Strikers cart to Jeff Kurtz in approximately 15 minutes, insured for $1200 with delivery confirmation by priority mail.

Delivery confirmation # 0304 7990 0003 5459 8648
Insurance claim # VV 246 988 246 US

NGF

NEST Puppet
Shawn,

Paying $51 in shipping is painful, but when it represents less than 1% of the value of the "cargo" I deem it appropriate. Just as when I sent you the other carts owed(from the sticker fixes), EMS seems to give me a much more "warm" feeling than priority. For small deals(maybe under 2k), priority is my choice also.

I want to thank Jeff publicly for taking care of this matter since I am away. If it takes more than 2 minutes to figure out I expect a bill! I have full confidence in Jeff, we have both felt the learning pains, time, and somtimes pure anguish of "conversion 101".

Thanks,

Chris

NGF

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Hmmm, one broken cart and one missing cart. Sounds like a smooth transaction.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Yep, unfortunately Strikers 1945 Plus would have been the one cart I would like to play on home system most of all. Its a shame that the converted one didn't play . . . oh well, thats just the way it goes I guess. Easy come, easy go . . .
frown.gif

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Suprise Suprise NGF dosent come through again. What else is new? I was 99% sure I would never deal with them now I am 100% sure. If a customer spends so much money at least you should make sure the carts work and are sent.

Great service guys. Keep up the good work!

NGF

NEST Puppet
We are glad the deal was so good for you Shawn. The Strikers should be nothing major. Sometimes things like that happen when items are shipped cross country.
But like we said, we will correct the matter in anyway way we can.

The good old "United States Post Office."
They never fail.

NGF

Shawn

snkusa.com
I have received the final game of the 8 unreleased home cart deal, Mahjong Janshin Densetsu. Since Dion lives in Vegas, the priority shipping took a few days extra. The game was extremely well packaged, bubble wrapped and double boxed. 7 of the 8 games are fully functional, and Jeff Kurtz is currently repairing Strikers 1945.

The cart sticker on Mahjong Janshin Densetsu was not applied very well however. It’s a nice print, but bubbles are numerous and large. I am pleased with the 7 other cart stickers though. As usual, I’m sure Chris will be willing to fix the cart sticker, free of charge.

NGF went all out for me on this deal. In all honesty, I can tell they did their best to satisfy me, which resulted in a successful transaction.

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Shawn they went all out on your deal cause you paid $7200. That is no small chunk of change. I am glad you got your stuff but many other people arent so lucky with NGF.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Now let's see how it goes for Mouse Master's/Keith's deal....

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited September 24, 2000).]

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Does anyone know how that little transaction is going??? Did NGF ever contact him or anything???

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
No, I think Dion and Chris are out of town in Japan at this time. I doubt they've shipped Keith the two carts that they owed him THREE MONTHS AGO. But when they get back, I'm sure they'll ship them immediately.
wink.gif

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I agree with you ,Chimp. I am sure they will ship it immediately after they got back to Japan.
It looks like NGF try to change and try to be a better seller.
So far, NGF (Dion) sent all my orders pretty quick recently.
I hope they will treat their customers equal and no special treatment for bigger deal.

This forum actually helps. And at least provide some kind of security over a deal. People will post about a bad deal in this forum. And the results, Lost of potential customer/buyer.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Asam I think chimp was being sarcastic. Yeah I'm sure they will ship it right out, right after you bitch em out for not sending it and threaten them with the FBI
smile.gif

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Im not a customer of anyone here. But I must say after reading these posts, that some of you people are a bit unfair to sellers. I have been a full time seller on ebay for over 3 years. The post office damages or looses 1 - 2 % of all packages that I have sent (over 3000 packages in 3 years). Its a fact of life. What is most important is A) to tell the seller whats wrong, and B) let them make it upto you. A good seller always makes it right when a customer tells them there is a problem. If they refused to make it right, then they would earn your anger, and not your business.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Actually, people are not unfair to the sellers here, only to a particular 'business' and that is because of problems in the past. Shawn sells stuff from 'neo-geo.com' all the time, and has not had any problem.

I am sure some people will buy Neo Geo items from you. They might ask for a tracking number because they are paranoid, but I am sure things will go OK (I wondered what was going on with all of the auctions you won on Ebay!)

Also, for the post office to lose or damage anything, it must first be shipped, and also be tested before shipping. While, in Shawn's case of his cart, we do not know what it's problem is, but in the case of other's, we know packages were not shipped. If they were, why tell the buyer too bad it got lost.... That is too fishy!

I have shipped well over 1000 boxes in the last 2 years, never had one lost yet, never had any damage. Used Priority Mail and UPS, insured everyone of those packages! And have all of the reciepts showing that the items shipped! It is the only way to do business (and stay in business too!)

Keith

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Volume doesnt help. Its only recently that the post office has started loosing/breaking 1 -2 % of my packages (since christmas). It seems like when you bring in 100 packages at once one always go missing. I sell a ton of little stuff like Game Gear Games, and those are the absolute WORST. I have fixed rates. People do not want to pay $4.39 for tracked insured priority, so they are cheap and go with $2.49, this doesnt offer tracking, but does offer insurance, and its SLOW. But when the average price of the product is $8... In my first 2 years at ebay I sold 1000 items, in my last year Iv sold 2000 items, and 500 were in July-August. Im a powerseller now, and going to settle in to a comfortable 600 listings month untill I have to order more items. I really want to become a heavy Neo Geo seller, not just a collector. Im still searching for a Neo Distributor/wholesaler. Mouse, have we ever dealt on ebay? Whats your user name?

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
My ebay userid is mouse_master. We have never dealt, but we have competed with each other in bidding on some items!
smile.gif

I guess I've been lucky! I have also learned to never ship more than 20 items at a time, and if you do, do the pickup method!
smile.gif
I do Ebay selling on the side, and usually do about 60 items a month (I;ve wuit for a month or so).... Most of my customers were repeat buyers, so I have had very few problems!

Keith