President Obama signed executive order curbing gun sales

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The constitution that was adopted over 200 years ago should apply to the world today because not much has changed since then.. oh wait. Nevermind, I'm wrong.

You are wrong. The principles of the constitution are just as valid today as they were then. Unfortunately people have forgotten that the true purpose of the federal government is to defend the country, not to be wealth redistributors, a nanny to minority groups, or a shill for special interests.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
"It does not appear that any of the executive orders would have any impact on the guns people currently own-or would like to purchase- and that all proposals regarding limiting the availability of assault weapons or large ammunition magazines will be proposed for Congressional action. As such, any potential effort to create a constitutional crisis熔r the leveling of charges that the White House has overstepped its executive authority謡ould hold no validity."

Such a blatant attack on our freedoms :lolz:

The one thing people are overlooking is that if you're determined to be mentally ill you'll not be able to buy guns or have your guns confiscated. And who determines this? The federal government...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Love the propaganda music in that NRA video.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
My primary concern about this stupid order is that it's just another highlight of a lame duck president that abuses and over-reaches when he can't get his way.

Also, I can see very easily how these orders could be abused, and could inconvenience innocent people like, say, hobbyists who mill blank receivers for a few bucks. What was once a cheap service from a friendly machinist is now a firearms dealer, since the receive is generally viewed as the part of the gun that makes it a gun.

Also, you probably would now need a background check and fees for transferring a legal firearm to a family member.

This would also, likely, mean that people who buy relic weapons and black powder firearms for a hobby (hardly effective weapons), would need to do these background checks.

It's a pointless stupid law that does hardly any good and just increases the tax burden and difficulty of a lawful citizen to obtain a legal firearm.

The only part I agree about is the increased number of background check staff for the FBI. They frequently miss the window for those checks.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
My sentiments exactly. If a democrat is our next president, I smell a HUGE reduction in the president's ability to issue executive orders. But if a republican is elected, they'll do the same thing to step back the things the current president did.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Everyone has a short memory in politics.

Republicans are crying about this while forgetting the executive orders and signing statements that Dubbya made.

Democrats are going to whine about lawfulness and the constitution while forgetting this incident when the pendulum swings the other way again.

Meanwhile, executive action continues to undermine the legislative process and will continue for the forseeable future.

What's new?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Nothing's new, this shit comes in cycles every four years.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
crying like a butt-blasted nub freshy banned from ng.com is the new "law making" process

Historic legal precedents etc.. etc..

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I use to think W was the worst President I'd see in my lifetime,

then Obama has finally topped him.

Worthless fuck who's done absolutely zero right.

I hope a Republican wins the election and reverses everything that worthless fuck has done,.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For some reason I still want an AA-12 with frag rounds. When I come to Texas in about 2-3 years, I'm expecting to fire one.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
How odd. Last night I got a huge boner to buy a gun. I must've spent an hour looking at 686s. Now I really want one. Wtf Obama.

I want this:
taurus-1-tau_2_441039tc-620x365.jpg

The Taurus Judge Public Defender.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Everyone has a short memory in politics.
Republicans are crying about this while forgetting the executive orders and signing statements that Dubbya made.
Democrats are going to whine about lawfulness and the constitution while forgetting this incident when the pendulum swings the other way again.
Meanwhile, executive action continues to undermine the legislative process and will continue for the forseeable future.
What's new?

Most of Bush Jr. executive orders fell in line with what they were intended to do, and fell in the realm of executive branch powers, and only regulated things that the executive branch did or funded/defunded them. Very few of his EOs were overturned by Supreme Court interventions. Obama has had THIRTEEN Executive orders that the Supreme Court voted 9 to 0 to overturn on the grounds of them being an over-reach of his powers.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My primary concern about this stupid order is that it's just another highlight of a lame duck president that abuses and over-reaches when he can't get his way.

Also, I can see very easily how these orders could be abused, and could inconvenience innocent people like, say, hobbyists who mill blank receivers for a few bucks. What was once a cheap service from a friendly machinist is now a firearms dealer, since the receive is generally viewed as the part of the gun that makes it a gun.

Also, you probably would now need a background check and fees for transferring a legal firearm to a family member.

This would also, likely, mean that people who buy relic weapons and black powder firearms for a hobby (hardly effective weapons), would need to do these background checks.

It's a pointless stupid law that does hardly any good and just increases the tax burden and difficulty of a lawful citizen to obtain a legal firearm.

The only part I agree about is the increased number of background check staff for the FBI. They frequently miss the window for those checks.

Black Powder weapons aren't firearms under Federal law. Curios and Relics are another thing entirely.

The receiver IS the firearm. It always has been. Making a receiver with intent to sell without an FFL has always been illegal.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Unemployment insurance claims are the only thing that are down, which is all the media reports on.

That is 100% false.

The media reports on the weekly claims report.

But what receives the most media attention is the seasonally adjusted Monthy Survey Report (BLS Table A) which does not include insurance claims at all.

And in January 2009, Table A had 12058 thousand unemployed persons
The seasonally adjusted figure from December 2015 is 7937 Thousand unemployed persons.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Most of Bush Jr. executive orders fell in line with what they were intended to do, and fell in the realm of executive branch powers, and only regulated things that the executive branch did or funded/defunded them. Very few of his EOs were overturned by Supreme Court interventions. Obama has had THIRTEEN Executive orders that the Supreme Court voted 9 to 0 to overturn on the grounds of them being an over-reach of his powers.

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/07/obama-and-executive-overreach/

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
:eye: :eye:Obama will take your guns away and introduce sharia law before his term ends :eye: :eye:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

This is the price of "image", to which he remains painstakingly faithful, signing this order is a logical consequence of this faith. A futile product in it's own right, but so in demand after W's misadventures in Iraq. There is but one hit tho, and it happened during the zero dark thirty... well, maybe two hits, forgot the "By The People" DVD.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I have not read the full text of the executive order but I believe the concern is what powers the executive order grants the federal government. I've noticed that Obama is smart when he elicits change and/or creates these executive orders. There is more behind this executive order than what is touted. Unfortunately as Pelosi so eloquently put it, they will have to pass it to see what's in it. The devil is in the details and we shall find out once things get fully in motion. The changes that Obama is making happens gradually. First with the affordable care act....which many insurance companies are now pulling out of the market place and raising prices. True or not it seems the end game was to nationalize healthcare. Obama did promise to fundamentally change America.....and he has. The point of my rambling is that the type of change obama wants to take place happens so gradually you won't notice change until it's way too late and we are already on the precipice of that.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I like guns, but think our current laws are laughable. Why aren't the people with common sense talking about these issues. I'm not saying we ban them but we should do something.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,

I hope a Republican wins the election and reverses everything that worthless fuck has done,.

Quoted for the truth. I can't wait for that dumbass to get out of office.