Prehistoric Isle 2 - Why is it so $$?

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Greets.

I've been watching sales on a number of copies of PI2 MVS over the past few weeks and it seems that all of them typically sell for a fairly pretty penny in comparison with most other MVS carts. Why is that? Is it really that good of a game? Or is it just that rare? Or something else...?

Just trying to understand.. please clue me in. :rolleyes:

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
It's pretty rare, it has a nice little gameplay feature of rescuing stranded humans but it's not that great a shooter.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I can give you more than 30 shmups that are better than this one. IMO it's a piece of shit but if some can enjoy it, more power to them.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I think it must have more to do with rarity than quality. Personally, I don't really see the appeal of it, other than it's kind of an odd game.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Hmm, interesting.. I didn't realise it was that rare. Doesn't seem like too good a game to me either. *shrug*

Yaton's cart is nearing $100..

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Sememmon said:
Hmm, interesting.. I didn't realise it was that rare. Doesn't seem like too good a game to me either. *shrug*

Yaton's cart is nearing $100..

Welcome to Neo-Geo, where the mediocre games cost the most (with a few exceptions of course)... Yeah, I picked up a PI2 when they were new for $175 and was pissed at myself, but it seems like it's never gone down... it's one of those rare MVS carts that just sort of sat at a higher price it's whole life. Honestly, I'd say skip it for now... if you are going for a full collection I'd still say hold off until you can find one cheap since it really isn't worth the cash it's going for. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the game, it's a decent shooter and has some amazing (for the Neo) 3d effects... but do yourself a favor and track down some of the better (and cheaper) shooters first.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
nruva said:
Welcome to Neo-Geo, where the mediocre games cost the most (with a few exceptions of course)... Yeah, I picked up a PI2 when they were new for $175 and was pissed at myself, but it seems like it's never gone down... it's one of those rare MVS carts that just sort of sat at a higher price it's whole life. Honestly, I'd say skip it for now... if you are going for a full collection I'd still say hold off until you can find one cheap since it really isn't worth the cash it's going for. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the game, it's a decent shooter and has some amazing (for the Neo) 3d effects... but do yourself a favor and track down some of the better (and cheaper) shooters first.

Couldn't have put it better, get Aerofighters 2 or Strikers (high price too) :cool: instead

PI2 is mediocre to put it best