Post Your Recent Purchases!

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Finally got around to getting one of my "grails" before prices get too crazy. I know not many folks are fans of KI these days, but I was obsessed with this series when I was a teenager. Still a hell of a lot of fun and the music kicks! Gotta put it in the Dynamo this weekend. Just doing a test run on the Supergun.

View attachment 57731View attachment 57732

"before" prices get too crazy?

Those things having been selling for like $1500 for a while now. I'd call that crazy, my dude.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I hate that all of the arcade stuff is like that now. KI used to be approximately $300 around 2000/2001.
Yep, around 2005 or so I bought an untested one on ebay for $80. Worked just fine. Kept it for about a year and then sold it for $250 on ebay. Stupid. Did something similar with my Primal Rage. Moron.

Although, on the upside. I do have a PR coming my way in a few weeks off of a trade. But I'll never get another KI board.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Someone fucked up and was selling an upscaling HDMI VCR in the box with remote and manual at the mall that had a price sticker that said $45.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
2D84C3BC-1C5A-447D-B54E-E8247BB994AD.jpeg

Noob here… I finally made the plunge and bought myself an AES. I wish I would have read this forum before I bought because I now realize games are crazy expensive compared to what I guess they used to be. Oh well. I am having fun so far with it and am looking forward to being apart of the community. Oh and don’t roast me too hard 😂

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
View attachment 57956

Noob here… I finally made the plunge and bought myself an AES. I wish I would have read this forum before I bought because I now realize games are crazy expensive compared to what I guess they used to be. Oh well. I am having fun so far with it and am looking forward to being apart of the community. Oh and don’t roast me too hard 😂

What game did you get?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I got a loose cart of baseball stars professional and a cib super sidekicks. I’m waiting on that one though…
Samurai Spirits 1 & 2 should be cheap and easy also Fatal Fury Special

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Samurai Spirits 1 & 2 should be cheap and easy also Fatal Fury Special

Thank you! Ya I just have to gain privileges to that forum. I have found a few games I’m interested in… on there. I really need to look in the tech support forum. I want to rebuild a stick from the micro switches on up. Just gotta find what kind of switches to buy.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
If you can get a NeoSD AES, that'll take some of the sting away from the prices of real carts, being able to play the library for a comparatively cheap cost.

Welcome aboard, don't be a stranger, and don't stick to the marketplace. :)

Sublimewls

New Challenger
If you can get a NeoSD AES, that'll take some of the sting away from the prices of real carts, being able to play the library for a comparatively cheap cost.

Welcome aboard, don't be a stranger, and don't stick to the marketplace. :)
Thank you! Yes I have looked into that but they are old sold out. The mvs is in stock but not aes. I had read somewhere it would be like six months. super side kicks is one of my favorite games so I’m happy I’ll have that. I just over paid for it. Sigh… live and learn. I know eBay you pay a premium but I’ve been keeping an eye on Mercari and I joined a couple neo geo buy and sell groups on Facebook. That’s where I scored my aes.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Thank you! Ya I just have to gain privileges to that forum. I have found a few games I’m interested in… on there. I really need to look in the tech support forum. I want to rebuild a stick from the micro switches on up. Just gotta find what kind of switches to buy.

Not mine, but here's some neo must haves while you wait for the NEOSD to get back in stock. Throw in KOF96, NAM-1975 for some variety and you're off to a great start.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255574123785?hash=item3b8167a509:g:QikAAOSwC5JioWYB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255574123787?hash=item3b8167a50b:g:7zIAAOSwKiBioWYC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255574123825?hash=item3b8167a531:g:kTUAAOSwYutioWYB

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Not mine, but here's some neo must haves while you wait for the NEOSD to get back in stock. Throw in KOF96, NAM-1975 for some variety and you're off to a great start.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255574123785?hash=item3b8167a509:g:QikAAOSwC5JioWYB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255574123787?hash=item3b8167a50b:g:7zIAAOSwKiBioWYC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255574123825?hash=item3b8167a531:g:kTUAAOSwYutioWYB

Thank you! I know it’s weird buying a neo geo and not being into fighting games but that’s me! The only one I like is world heroes and world heroes 2. I’ve been eyeing super spy and nam 1975 and maybe riding hero. I found super spy and riding hero for around 300 bucks total. It looks like it may be a good deal. Both are complete in box. What do you think?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on MVS converters? Do they damage the AES system at all?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Thank you! Yes I have looked into that but they are old sold out. The mvs is in stock but not aes. I had read somewhere it would be like six months. super side kicks is one of my favorite games so I’m happy I’ll have that. I just over paid for it. Sigh… live and learn. I know eBay you pay a premium but I’ve been keeping an eye on Mercari and I joined a couple neo geo buy and sell groups on Facebook. That’s where I scored my aes.
Try proxy services like FromJapan as well, they still have good deals on JP carts if you're patient

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Thank you! I know it’s weird buying a neo geo and not being into fighting games but that’s me! The only one I like is world heroes and world heroes 2. I’ve been eyeing super spy and nam 1975 and maybe riding hero. I found super spy and riding hero for around 300 bucks total. It looks like it may be a good deal. Both are complete in box. What do you think?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on MVS converters? Do they damage the AES system at all?

In 2022 converters are old news IMHO. Damaging? Unsightly to say the least, but I believe it puts unwanted stress on already 30+ year old hardware. My advice.... avoid and wait for the NEOSD to get back in stock.

I'm the opposite, love me some fighting games but to each his own. Stay clear of Riding Hero, Super Spy is good for a play through or two but not anything to write home about. Lots of good more common and cheaper games to play if fighting games aren't your thing; Sengoku, Baseball Stars Professional, League Bowling, etc.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
In 2022 converters are old news IMHO. Damaging? Unsightly to say the least, but I believe it puts unwanted stress on already 30+ year old hardware. My advice.... avoid and wait for the NEOSD to get back in stock.

I'm the opposite, love me some fighting games but to each his own. Stay clear of Riding Hero, Super Spy is good for a play through or two but not anything to write home about. Lots of good more common and cheaper games to play if fighting games aren't your thing; Sengoku, Baseball Stars Professional, League Bowling, etc.
Thank you! I’ve been eyeing super spy and nam 1975 and maybe riding hero. I found super spy and riding hero for around 300 bucks total. It looks like it may be a good deal. Both are complete in box. What do you think?

I love sengoku but it’s like 500 bucks on eBay right now. I just got baseball stars professional, I am waiting on super sidekicks. I have the neo geo x and have played a few of these games (not intensely) and super spy and nam 1975 seemed cool. Ninja commando seemed fun as well. I like the beat ‘em up games like final fight. I’m just looking to make a small collection but not drop a couple gs right away while I wait for the neosd. I appreciate your input though!

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Try proxy services like FromJapan as well, they still have good deals on JP carts if you're patient

I’ll have to look into those! I am not too familiar with the whole service and what they do but thank you for the help. I truely appreciate it

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Dont need to post a pic, but just got a "Bean" controller today from hit-japan. Works great, didn't think I would be able to test it until I built my OMVS but I forgot I have a 2 slot lol. I guess that also let me test the ports on the board. Works great.

Still wanna build a Neo controller tho.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I’ll have to look into those! I am not too familiar with the whole service and what they do but thank you for the help. I truely appreciate it
Definitely look into order from Suruga-ya direct or use their Japanese site and as @ggallegos1 mentioned, use FromJapan as your proxy service. You'll find AES carts cheapest here. US/Euro carts are crazy expensive, so if you're after games to actually play, stick to Japanese. The AES is a crazy expensive hobby, and as @Digmac suggested a Neo SD will be your best choice. You could also grab a 160 in one cart OR an MVS converter and source MVS games for those $$$$ titles on AES.

Welcome to the club. ^_^

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Definitely look into order from Suruga-ya direct or use their Japanese site and as @ggallegos1 mentioned, use FromJapan as your proxy service. You'll find AES carts cheapest here. US/Euro carts are crazy expensive, so if you're after games to actually play, stick to Japanese. The AES is a crazy expensive hobby, and as @Digmac suggested a Neo SD will be your best choice. You could also grab a 160 in one cart OR an MVS converter and source MVS games for those $$$$ titles on AES.

Welcome to the club. ^_^

Thank you! I was leaning towards maybe getting a converter and getting mvs games until I can get a neosd. I looked at from Japan but I’ll check out the other service.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Thank you! I was leaning towards maybe getting a converter and getting mvs games until I can get a neosd. I looked at from Japan but I’ll check out the other service.
The above is what I would recommend.If something goes wrong with your neosd in the future your basically SOL because they offer zero tech support..
Try to get a NEO MVS-MAGIC KEY converter in a baby blue turquoise like shell if you can. That converter will play Metal Slug X with no issues.
BB