Post Your Recent Purchases!

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I bought a used New 3DS XL in excellent condition for $180 at a local pawnshop. I already have a Pokémon blue/red edition new 3ds, but wanted to compare whether the XL was better or not. I figured I can easily sell if I don’t like it or scalp the Pokémon edition if I prefer the bigger screen.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The New XL is by far the best version IMO. Comfortable to hold, still fairly portable, good screen

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
3DS systems in general are pricey right now, my used/loose 2DS XL cost me $150 a couple months ago
No regrets though, the XL form factor is much better

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Didn't know that, got mine a few years ago (5 or 6) for like 100€ and was a Zelda special edition. I thought they would have even lowered but live to learn...

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I was at a local game store the other day and there were like 5 people in there all looking for 3DSs in the 20 min. I was there. Because Nintendo...

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ouch... glad I picked up my 3DS Super Famicom edition when it came out... don't fancy prices on ebay much right now.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I got a small box of arcade NERD gold in the mail today…

F7D37B5A-B647-4189-8678-6C92AF35D033.jpg

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
What am I looking at, rotary sticks?
Yeah. It’s a Seimitsu SNK LS-30 rotary joystick and 4 wiring harnesses for them. The joystick is missing the knob top, but I bought it for a parts joystick. I am gathering parts LS-30 joysticks so that I can start making refurbished joysticks available. I have been refurbishing Nintendo arcade joysticks (Donkey Kong, Popeye, Punch-Out!, Mario Bros., Vs./PlayChoice-10, etc.) for many years and decided to branch out a little and do SNK rotary sticks as well.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
So, two reasons for the interest in 3DS systems:

1. 3DS store is closing down in May, and people are trying to get all the games that were never released physically.

2. There was a very recent soft mod, via SD card, you can do to get 3DS shop roms for free. Not going to link it but, Voltaur did a really good video explaining, step by step, how to do it.

Still doesn't make sense, though as prices were really high for 3DS systems as early as last year. This was before they announced the store was closing.

Also, the same thing (soft mod) is available for Wii U, if anyone is interested.

Jon

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I bought my final NEO•GEO AES "proto convert", namely Samurai Spirits Zero Special "Kanzenban".

I managed to find a brand-new copy of the said convert produced by Atomikwave:

SSZSpKZB NCI set-f.jpg
SSZSpKZB NCI front.jpgSSZSpKZB NCI rear.jpgSSZSpKZB NCI edge.jpg

Aside form this thing being so well-made, with great production quality and total consistency with SNK official releases down to the minor fonts on the spine, you may wonder why it took so long for me to acquire it.

Well, when the "found proto drama" for this game first came out, I learnt the guy who secured it actually messed up with the code to arrange a someway official release with added bits, such as "corrected" title screens, added English translation, etc.

That I could not stand, because I'm a NEO·GEO collector and I'm mostly interested in things as they were in their days. And I know it well, this proto truly was a "location test" one-copy revision of a MVS cart truly produced with a mere P1 rom swap. Not a single pixel of graphics had been added into the romset, not a single note of music. Just recycling sprites and color swaps, just like "Street Fighter 2' Turbo HYPER FIGHTING" was back in its glory days (ahah, Chun Li's "kikouken" being two azure-recolored Dalshim's "yoga fire", do you remember that?).

Ok, later I discover mr. Atomikwave, also known as the man behind NCI, actually created a "fan-made-for-fans" conversion of this game using nothing but the original proto ROM, which was actually kind of sandboxed within the official release (that being tweaked on a higher, emulation level).

As a result, this conversion is the "real deal", for what it is:

samsh5fe001.png.fae3111281203e7ad40149ee60573328.png
samsh5fe002.png.e6bab0d283764fbe43e51a014c997167.png

Yes, no "完全版" nor "Perfect" tags added on screen. Just a color swap on the title logo as well: this game is commonly know as "AkaSamu" in Japan for a reason: "Aka(i)" means "red". :-)

So that's the way it should be to me. It took me some time to rewind the whole story, and I've been lucky enough to secure a brand-new, sealed copy of the game. Serial number I could't care less. But it's kind of fun that I see Atomikwawe being bashed by quite some NEO·GEO fans, while he's been able to produce such repros with no use of any sac-carts at all (PBC, cart shell, cart case are all original), and he's not selling his stuff as original to scam anyone.

On top of that, if we just consider the simple fact he never used the NEO·GEO logo on his officially VISCO-licensed titles, those being his company NCI labelled products, while he just could not resist to personally produce a fan-made proto-convert for this one, with official look-a-like artwork, well... I can't avoid thinking he must be a fellow NEO·GEO maniac to the bones! :-)

The NEO·GEO maniac I am, having completed my collection back in 2005, and having no interest in homebrew project whatsoever, my only further goals have been striving for "perfection" with my own collection piece, acquiring key memorabilia from the old days, and completing my "official MVS-only and proto games" collection. Of course, that comes with making quite a lot of new friends along the way, to design better and better "official look-a-like inserts", and so on.

Yes, this "scene" has always been and today is even more full of fishy businesses, shady dealers, ignorant posers and so on. Innoence has long been lost. But truly passionate connoisseurs still hang around, just keeping a low-profile and doing their fun and passionate stuff. So, once again, I thank this website community. Speaking of which, this is from the credit page of my fanbook I finally managed to publish two years ago, "SPECIAL THANKS":

Schermata 2022-04-02 alle 14.57.15.jpg

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Last months gets. Package in from Japan and Rolling Gunner and Tekken Tag 2

The Fate Unlimited Code was marked Figure missing pieces, I’m not going to open it up because I don’t care about the figure but it looks all there. It was cheaper to get that version than the reg edition so why not.

The Ghost Sweeper Mikami was marked “cartridge difficult” but again I don’t see anything maybe minor minor discoloration on the back but I don’t even see that too much, and it was definitely worth the $30 odd I saved.

Holiday is a pretty obscure Indie band made up of Yale Grad students I really liked from the 90s. The Japanese import has a few unreleased songs as far as the US goes including a Beach Boys cover, and is not a available digitally anywhere, so that was worth the cheap price I got it for to me.

36FF5C1E-5026-4606-B8F6-F7DD3E6E2DB9.jpeg

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I got invited to come check out the warehouse of a local arcade route operator. Came home with a handful of PCB, parts, and a monitor…

11D2E30B-AEBF-4CFC-95E2-DEC161851840.jpg

4A8FEE38-23D6-40B1-9481-298083513B73.jpg

PCBs are X-Men (no sound), WWF Superstars (sound volume pot bad), Psykio PCB (I assume it’s Strikers 1945, has a bad chip…Chip fell apart when being reseated), and WWF Wrestlefest (working)…

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
How come you didn't go after Saturn Generations 5?
Because it wasn't available on the deal ^^

Still missing 3 games that should arrive around tomorrow.

DC: Gigawing
Saturn: Fighters History Dynamite + Manx TT

The dude forgot those and will ship them today.

Too bad he didn't had anymore Waku Waku 7.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Picked up a couple pinballs for the arcade. Normally I buy broken stuff and fix it because it’s cheaper, but these ones are fully working and just need cleaned up!

Nice gets! I'd like to own a pinball machine someday, but affordable ones get scooped up instantly around these parts