Post Your Recent Purchases!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
yooooo resurrect the watch thread with this. I tried on a Moonwatch last weekend. I nearly shit my pants. I have something new to post in the watch thread as well.
Bumped. Post your goods, yo!

I didn’t realize just how much I’d like the Moonwatch until I went and tried it on. I’m not a huge chronograph guy, and always thought the Speedmaster looked bland in photos. In person, it clicked for me. I also tried on the Seamaster Professional 300, with the white ceramic dial and black ceramic bezel. Pretty sweet, but I didn’t care for the bracelet.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I'm in on the current order for the SD loader so I had to bite the bullet:

FxD6cAU.jpg

And my first test case:

Spoiler:
p0z5uVz.jpg

I fucked up and burned the game without music and used up my only free CD-R. Oh well. The game loads so the disc drive appears to be working. I have 1 legit game showing up later this week and the mod kit should show up a week or 2 after that.

Now the wait for playing Scotland begins.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Show us more deck, Wataru.
Ayo, I’ve got plenty of wood for all. 😅

this VCR is an old TV station editor’s workhorse; peep the two power buttons…it won’t turn on, or off unless both are pressed simultaneously.

kinda cool feature, to keep errant bumps or jostles from messing up a work in progress, or causing dead air.
S•Vid, HiFi, super jog + freeze frame + search-it’s overkill for watching OVAs while folding laundry, lol.

price was right tho: a Starvation Army scoop, along w/ the monitor it outputs to.

TV = Sony KLV-S20G10
VTR= Sanyo GVR-S950

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I came across an LD player at a reception desk more than a few times on my jobs that I regret not asking if I could get rid of it for them as it was just sitting there unused. This beauty of a VHS deck made me think of that.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I got hella lucky.

recapped the power supply, and all new gear assembly from a local repair shop…which cancelled out the windfall of the initial $10 scoop.

Worth it tho. I’m set until the tapes degrade at this point-this thing is a tank.

No belts to worry about.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I recently gave away my B&O 7-head vcr. Thing was freakin' heavy. Had a complete setup including matching tv and cabinet but went for 2 smaller B&O tv's.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I recently gave away my B&O 7-head vcr. Thing was freakin' heavy. Had a complete setup including matching tv and cabinet but went for 2 smaller B&O tv's.
Wow 7 heads, upon googling there was an 8 head unit, the Sharp VC-MH200. I wonder if it made much of a difference?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That thing must’ve been epic. I love the Bang and Ohshititson! aesthetic. What 2 TVs did you net out of the deal?

I always wanted a BeoVision Avant back in the day.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Where I live old B&O crt's are quite cheap. Remote is the most expensive part, you need it cause no other remote will work on it and you can't do shit on the tv besides on /off and channel up, no down. Plus is that the remote works on practically anything B&O from the 80's till the early 00's
The 2 I have now cost me €65,- with one remote so the 2nd tv was a freebie. Both support 50/60Hz and rgb scart.
I have an MX4000 and a 4002. The 4002 also has beolink build in. They have great picture quality and very good sound. The vcr was a 7 head so you could fast forward or rewind with perfect picture. The matching tv was an mx7000 which had build in audio that blows most stereo setups away. Sound was ridiculous, so good.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
It's QJ Sn programmable
Model no. SV-336
Got it cheap and it's an ok stick. Clicky switches. And an 8ft cable

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Bought this movie poster in Spain like 5 years ago. Finally got around framing it and hanging it on the wall. Never saw the movie but it has bad ass music according to the web. Going to try to watch it with the missus.
You can watch the full movie here:

Attachments

• D480BEBD-609E-4FD4-81E7-3E28706168C9.jpeg
    D480BEBD-609E-4FD4-81E7-3E28706168C9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10