Post Your Recent Purchases!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Found me a really nice boxed Sega saturn from my local game store! Thankfully I had credit so it didn’t cost me anything out of pocket 😄

really happy to get this one since it was in way better shape of my old JP Saturn that died on me a while back

Attachments

• 6CD6EDC0-3D7F-4357-A80B-8CD44024B68A.jpeg
    6CD6EDC0-3D7F-4357-A80B-8CD44024B68A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
It doesn't happen often but I found a guy selling a few Japanese Mega Drive games on Kijiji. Not close enough to drive to but he was willing to mail it.

I picked up this Aleste for $220 CAD (~$175 USD) all in. Not cheap for a retro video game but it feels about as good as it's going to get for Aleste. It's an exciting score.

MD Aleste.jpg

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
It doesn't happen often but I found a guy selling a few Japanese Mega Drive games on Kijiji. Not close enough to drive to but he was willing to mail it.

I picked up this Aleste for $220 CAD (~$175 USD) all in. Not cheap for a retro video game but it feels about as good as it's going to get for Aleste. It's an exciting score.

View attachment 52156

Nice scoop! Awesome game as well. Much better than Robo (Denjin) Aleste on Sega CD, IMO. I got a complete, mint Japanese copy about 11 months ago from Surugaya in Japan for ~$85. Just checked their site, though, and it's skyrocketed to over $350 for a complete copy! Forget Ebay and the US version. This retro bubble we're in is insane! Prices are doubling and tripling in less than a year, especially for the more sought after items and even for Japanese editions now. Glad you were able to snag a copy for what is now a very good deal.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
That looks minty fresh
It does have some mild sunfade on the spine but I'm happy with it.

Nice scoop! Awesome game as well. Much better than Robo (Denjin) Aleste on Sega CD, IMO. I got a complete, mint Japanese copy about 11 months ago from Surugaya in Japan for ~$85. Just checked their site, though, and it's skyrocketed to over $350 for a complete copy! Forget Ebay and the US version. This retro bubble we're in is insane! Prices are doubling and tripling in less than a year, especially for the more sought after items and even for Japanese editions now. Glad you were able to snag a copy for what is now a very good deal.
I agree! I was surprised when I tried out Robo Aleste on the Sega CD. I was expected it to be even better but I don't like it as much.

You got a really great price. And yes, this bubble is insane. There has to a point coming where the masses are going to lose interest.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Just got these in the mail from a seller called japantiquity.

They cost $90 USD with shipping for both. I like collecting this Sega Ages 2500 series.

Some of the games are great and some are terrible.

SegaAges2500GunStar.jpg

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Just got these in the mail from a seller called japantiquity.

They cost $90 USD with shipping for both. I like collecting this Sega Ages 2500 series.

Some of the games are great and some are terrible.

Have had to stop myself several times from trying to collect these. The 'lil binder with cards per game was such a cool idea, too bad they abandoned them halfway through the series

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I believe the Phantasy Star and Monster Boy collections have english text as an option. There's really only 3 or 4 in the series worth getting, I had them years ago but they put out so many shitty titles I stopped getting them as they were coming out and sold most of them. Sold the binder for more than any of the games.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

View attachment 52156

Fantastic acquisition.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
It does have some mild sunfade on the spine but I'm happy with it.

I agree! I was surprised when I tried out Robo Aleste on the Sega CD. I was expected it to be even better but I don't like it as much.

You got a really great price. And yes, this bubble is insane. There has to a point coming where the masses are going to lose interest.
I don’t think it comes from a bubble. I think a lot of guys are mining etherium. Getting that free cash and blowing it on plastics. Just like me.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Have had to stop myself several times from trying to collect these. The 'lil binder with cards per game was such a cool idea, too bad they abandoned them halfway through the series
When this series first came out they got on my radar because of the Phantasy Star Remakes. At first I wanted all volumes. Then I got Golden Axe and started to get more selective. I also wish they kept going.

I believe the Phantasy Star and Monster Boy collections have english text as an option. There's really only 3 or 4 in the series worth getting, I had them years ago but they put out so many shitty titles I stopped getting them as they were coming out and sold most of them. Sold the binder for more than any of the games.
I don't have the Monster World collection but yeah, the Phantasy Star collection is playable all in English. I loved that binder! ...until they stopped making cards for it.

I don’t think it comes from a bubble. I think a lot of guys are mining etherium. Getting that free cash and blowing it on plastics. Just like me.
I would like to get in on some of that free cash action. I have a hard time spending more than $200 on a video game. It has to be something special.