Post Your Recent Purchases!

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
T6SSze6.jpg

$65 shipped from japan like a fucking time traveler

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice Core Grafx! Good price too. Now get yourself an SSDS3 and you're set.

My latest, a MiniKab3, all set up, ready for plug and play. I mounted it on some MDF, now I just need to wire in a kick harness and I'll never buy another PCB again...

2ewioia.jpg

33jtvnc.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Very cool faust, now lets have some action shots of that thing on your cab!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
All arcade related stuff for me this time around :)

So not an actual new purchase as such because I brought this nearly 2 years ago with a duff monitor and in need of some TLC....

e9ad5e14310ba0cbd51d61f48044a3f5.jpg

b20b3a5accb036542a1831522cd48a26.jpg

But I finally finished it yesterday now fully working and looking good imo :)

cb3f2888ae31b4c6dda1a534fcdfc7cd.jpg

And for an actual recent purchase had this arrive today!

Its a bootleg but I CBA water marking the pics for proof as only a bell end would do that but I am sure you will all know :)

a359bd5ae3939ea6d1aaed4c942a99a4.jpg

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
some purchases from the last few weeks , a few pal mega drive games and a mega sg also a cdx and cabel,
eternal champions twice because the first one missed the manual and it was cheap

bild.jpg

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
True, eternal champions for Sega cd is on the way, had the game many years ago and couldn't play it because ntsc only... Bought it anno domini from a German games magazine and didn't know it was ntsc

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Got this in a poorly listed auction on eBay. Got a great deal on it. Shipper sent it with empty priority mail boxes as packing material. Luckily it is a tank and it survived the trip. It was pretty dirty and gross. Luckily the internals were actually in great shape. I tore it all apart and meticulously cleaned everything. I'm really surprised it turned out so nice. Especially with the red stains that were on the top and on the cord. All of it came off the top and nearly all came off of the cable. Booted right up too. Pretty damn happy with it considering how it looked when I first took it out of the box.

2019-04-20 (3).jpg

2019-04-20 (2).jpg

2019-04-20 (1).jpg

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
some purchases from the last few weeks , a few pal mega drive games and a mega sg also a cdx and cabel,
eternal champions twice because the first one missed the manual and it was cheap

Nice haul, I recently got the mega sg myself (japan variant). What keyboard is that you got there?

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I got these for a song yesterday.

When the store owner of my local retro game/card store moved to a new location, I offered to help if he needed it. He didn't know how to set up a network or how to cut and crimp his own lines, and needed 28 ethernet lines run throughout the store for the security system, POSs and the lounge (he has a quarter of his store set up with consoles and tvs for anyone to come and play games for free). I set it up for him and since then (besides having paid me for my time), if there's anything I'm ever interested in, he'll sell it to me at whatever price he pays to buy it from his customer.
I don't really have much I'm looking for anymore, but when I stopped by yesterday, he showed me a huge assortment of CIB SNES rpgs and the like that a customer had traded in earlier in the week. I have fond memories of renting Joe & Mac back in the early 90's, and since getting Aerobiz Supersonic, I've wanted to get the original were I to come across it in the wild complete and for a reasonable price.
Chrono Trigger...well I just couldn't say no to another complete copy, especially for the price I paid. I suppose Xenogears and Chrono Trigger are to me what Pulstar is to Panda :D
I don't really ever need much of an excuse to play Chrono Trigger again ;)

M2nVtPw.jpg

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
While mooching around a car boot the other week I found a really cruddy (but still good feeling) Negcon controller in with a PSX bundle.

Asked the guy if he would sell it me separate and he agreed to sell it to be for tge hefty sum of £2.

After a damn good cleaning just tested it and works great :)

Awesome bargain haha

47a95bf1f679d587e99043852107685e.jpg

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I purchased a FixEight board from Germany that arrived in a smashed-up box with USPS apology tape. Fortunately the board inside was well-packaged and works perfectly. Whew!

C171CFF1-742F-4C33-BB95-1A7EEE4E026B.jpeg
5F137BCB-0C82-481B-B78E-264918C8634F.jpeg

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
While mooching around a car boot the other week I found a really cruddy (but still good feeling) Negcon controller in with a PSX bundle.

Asked the guy if he would sell it me separate and he agreed to sell it to be for tge hefty sum of £2.

After a damn good cleaning just tested it and works great :)

Awesome bargain haha

47a95bf1f679d587e99043852107685e.jpg

Nice negcon. I never got to try that thing, only once briefly in stores. Namco had some interesting controllers / stick in the ps1 days.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nice negcon. I never got to try that thing, only once briefly in stores. Namco had some interesting controllers / stick in the ps1 days.

Yeah, they even released a paddle controller to support their PS1 Museum ports. The neGcon was for Ridge Racer the same what Dempa's XE-1AP was for Space Harrier on the 32X: something of a miracle.

Ps. Happy Birthday, eek!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior

I had only got to try one once years ago at a event. None of my friends had one but I got to say its a really good controller for racers!
It is a little quirky but it controls really well once you get into the swing of it which took me about half a lap.

Much better than the damn D pad anyway!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I was looking for a PlayStation with a parallel port so I can get a PSIO. I saw this poorly listed one on eBay that said it was a factory refurbished model that was never used. There were only a few pics of it in the box and the seller would never answer any of my questions about which model it was. I even sent him a pic of a PlayStation with the door taken off of the parallel port and said "does it have one of these?" It only got 2 bids including mine. I paid less than the most deeply discounted PlayStation Classic. Believe it or not it actually does look unused (after it was refurbished). I can see some super light scratches that are nearly buffed out from when it was refurbished. The controller feels really different. The whole thing has an almost rubberized feel to it. I can see where a couple marks were buffed out on it. All the buttons and analog sticks are brand new and there are zero rub marks on the sticks from use. It came in a taped shut bag with those instructions included). The cables look brand new as well. Overall I am super pleased with it.

IMG_20190424_233227270.jpg

IMG_20190424_233521809.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's rad, it's getting harder to find PS1s in decent condition, working, and not yellowed these days.