Post Your Recent Purchases!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Game looks like a shitty US made genesis game. Pass.

What I find distracting is the facial expression of the fox character. The huge white of the eye with a single black pixel makes it look like it's in constant fear. Maybe it's an existential platformer.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
that's the expression when you know the furries are coming for you!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
What I find distracting is the facial expression of the fox character. The huge white of the eye with a single black pixel makes it look like it's in constant fear. Maybe it's an existential platformer.

The developer of the game wanted to portray a scared protagonist. He wants the player to know that the fox character (Nymn) is the underdog and pretty much anything out there can kill you.

It's not a hard game because of modern features like check-points and unlimited lives but there is still a good challenge there; specially if you got for 100% fireflies.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The developer of the game wanted to portray a scared protagonist. He wants the player to know that the fox character (Nymn) is the underdog and pretty much anything out there can kill you

Ok, so it's deliberate. It still doesn't make it an accomplished design decision.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Game looks like a shitty US made genesis game. Pass.

Tanglewood is actually well-made. I dont know any of the history of the devs, but i played it on Steam with a free code. Great animations.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
A few things I got this month.
9032CB37-4744-405A-9CA4-66F5090FCBD7.jpeg
Took a while but worth the wait for the X5
0848DECC-7B4C-49E8-839A-51C961D25D86.jpeg
Did not play real bout fatal fury 2 much in the arcades, glad to have it now.great game and it was only 3,000 yen(around$30)so the price was right too.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
680ad689badf7a22e52ac070f93dd6c8.jpg

Got a Core Grafx finally.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Picked up a cab this weekend. After two near death experiences, i have it at home. It's not pretty and the CP needs work but it does the job and came with Xmen COTM, so I'll enjoy working on it little by little. Only if I can open it lol

IMG_7219.JPG

I don't know why it turns like that, but oh well

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
^ not even going to mention your hippo but plug?!?!

Looks good, the cab...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
^ not even going to mention your hippo but plug?!?!

Looks good, the cab...

That was the most annoying sounding dog toy imaginable. The greatest thing to happen was my dog putting a hole in it.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
View attachment 52718
Took a while but worth the wait for the X5

It's incredible how many interesting things this holds to discover. Not only games, but bits and pieces around them, music for example. Like the relaxed Hammond triad in Stage 1. from We're Back/A Dinosaur Tale or the cool title music from Dinosaurs for Hire. Or the Rick Fox BGM for Aero the Acro-Bat 2, turns out he was a keyboarder for David Bowie.

It's mostly the western games, which I never touched before, which now turn out interesting. There's also tons of Japanese stuff, though, like the Valis games, with the top noch OST in Fantasm Soldier or the Valis clones, like Mamono Hunter Yohko. The latter offers another hit in its last stage, a groove monster that could've easily been a Viewpoint Omake.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Picked up a cab this weekend. After two near death experiences, i have it at home. It's not pretty and the CP needs work but it does the job and came with Xmen COTM, so I'll enjoy working on it little by little. Only if I can open it lol

Nice cab, are you going to have to drill the lock?