Post Your Recent Purchases!

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
My latest purchase, Aero Fighters 2 MVS. Original euro label over what it seems to be an also original jap label, was this common in SNK?

Pre-cleaning pic. As you can see someone spilled blue paint over the cartridge. Hooray for the idiot.

Post cleaning pic.

I cleaned the plastic with the following:
- Goo Gone (no luck, respects the paint)
- Acetone (takes away the paint and also the shinning of the plastic, so I only used it on a small area and applied a plastic repairing gel afterwards)
- Alcohol. This one is the way to go. Removes the paint but the plastic stays alright.

To clean the label what I did was to scratch the paint with a small flat screwdriver (Wiha by Xiaomi). I only did it on the white areas since a bit of the label gets also scratched so, if done over the black parts I'd ruin them. Maybe it helped here the double label.

BTW, AF2 is one of my favorite games ever.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
c482ef701af36e567448fa7885079450.jpg

Look what showed up today :)

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It has been a while since my last MVS pickup and whilst I usual prefer original labels the price was right with this one. Besides I hardly ever see a clean label FFS due to it being an earlier non-glossy label release. I managed to get some nice A4 sticker paper and did this on my laser printer at home, not too bad to be fair :) - Big thanks to Jamma Nation X for the label downloads!

Before:
IMG_7624.JPG

After (including a deep clean of the shell and PCBs):
IMG_0134 2.JPG

Got bored of my Aqua Game Boy so got a new shell and glass screen cover with the decals on it.

IMG_8739 2.JPG

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
vrr4gk.jpg

picked these up in the last few day's, i'm really liking pinball of the dead.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My latest purchase, Aero Fighters 2 MVS. Original euro label over what it seems to be an also original jap label, was this common in SNK?

Pre-cleaning pic. As you can see someone spilled blue paint over the cartridge. Hooray for the idiot.

Post cleaning pic.

I cleaned the plastic with the following:
- Goo Gone (no luck, respects the paint)
- Acetone (takes away the paint and also the shinning of the plastic, so I only used it on a small area and applied a plastic repairing gel afterwards)
- Alcohol. This one is the way to go. Removes the paint but the plastic stays alright.

To clean the label what I did was to scratch the paint with a small flat screwdriver (Wiha by Xiaomi). I only did it on the white areas since a bit of the label gets also scratched so, if done over the black parts I'd ruin them. Maybe it helped here the double label.

BTW, AF2 is one of my favorite games ever.

Favorite games ever huh? Means you must have played it alot, what's your score table look like? Got a picture, curious as to how well you do.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Favorite games ever huh? Means you must have played it alot, what's your score table look like? Got a picture, curious as to how well you do.

Not sure about AF2 but he can definitely 1cc Neo Cart Cleaning at Level 7 autism.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Played a lot when I was a kid, getting the rythm again but I can't seem to get over stage 8 just yet (arcade mode). I just happen to have two potatoes for hands.

EDIT: Not sure if considered a purchase but the wife got these two for my birthday this past saturday.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I’m still waiting for my copy of Ketsui to arrive :drool:

amazon.co.jp actually cancelled my limited edition version. I currently have a case open on that, but i don't think it will lead anywhere. So i ordered the regular edition last Friday and got it yesterday. Sucks they cancelled my original order. I'm guessing they didn't have enough of the limited item to go around. But at least the shipping is 10x faster than play-asia

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Amazon Japan has legit super fast shipping that’s usually cheaper than Play-Asia’s slow boat shipping. They’re my go to for import games or any Japanese goods now.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Amazon Japan has legit super fast shipping that’s usually cheaper than Play-Asia’s slow boat shipping. They’re my go to for import games or any Japanese goods now.

Ketsui was my first purchase from amazon Japan. They are my go to now.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Anyone know what going on with the red bracket on the MOTW MVS kit I have?

001.JPG

002.JPG

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Some scoops:

Ketsui Beep Edition:
2PM3HHfl.jpg

7McQgFYl.jpg

NOS Toshiba Pure Flat CRT- this is the same monitor I have in the new net city. It will eventually make its way into the Egret 3:

Szykqg9l.jpg

POZgdXhl.jpg

KsWxeznl.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have a Metal Slug 3 (transparent body) with a blue one, was about to ask about it. I really don't know if it's this way from factory or a substitution (which makes no sense...)

These are quite common with certain titles. Bang Bead is another.

Last edited: