Post Your Recent Purchases!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Metal Slug 6! The holiest of all grails!

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Been after this SMS cart for a while, the game was built into the SMS 2 as a freebie, so it's quite hard to pick up now at a decent price, i really like this game, a forgotten sega mascot.
It's pretty beat up but meh, i'm chuffed to have it.

34f1uur.jpg

243hxtv.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The only thing that pisses me off about Alex Kidd is the Janken games. If you don't know the pattern or have the mind item you're pretty much SOL. Otherwise it's one of my favorite SMS games. Still have my OG copy I bought in 87. That manual is strange too. Must be a Euro manual.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Been after this SMS cart for a while, the game was built into the SMS 2 as a freebie, so it's quite hard to pick up now at a decent price, i really like this game, a forgotten sega mascot.
It's pretty beat up but meh, i'm chuffed to have it.

34f1uur.jpg

243hxtv.jpg

the built in alex the kid was so much better than the shitty master system 8 bit sonic game that replaced it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
the built in alex the kid was so much better than the shitty master system 8 bit sonic game that replaced it.

Woah woah woah. SMS Sonic is actually really good and has tunes made by Yuzo Koshiro. You should go back and give it another chance. For the hardware it's on it's very very good.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
20180525_001253.jpg

Dead or Alive is a double but at least it's not rubbish.

Edit oops

godzilla43

Geese's Thug

I saw the Climate edition in store in Tokyo. I remember it was little bit under 150$ maybe 120$. I was thinking that I will buy this and at least Mario Kart for less than nothing but all the Switch games were mad expensive there well same price as here but yeah.. Switch one expensive console

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Woah woah woah. SMS Sonic is actually really good and has tunes made by Yuzo Koshiro. You should go back and give it another chance. For the hardware it's on it's very very good.

it is a good game, but i have a personal gripe with it in that i always regretted buying a sms over the nes. and sonic was such a disappointment compared to the megadrive original. it was a time where i always got the shit end of the stick. and i did hate the fact that they were replacing alex the kid with sonic as the built in game.

cat

The only thing that pisses me off about Alex Kidd is the Janken games. If you don't know the pattern or have the mind item you're pretty much SOL. Otherwise it's one of my favorite SMS games. Still have my OG copy I bought in 87. That manual is strange too. Must be a Euro manual.

Looks like the previous owner got my back on the janken games panda lol.

mc5c1d.jpg

it is a good game, but i have a personal gripe with it in that i always regretted buying a sms over the nes. and sonic was such a disappointment compared to the megadrive original. it was a time where i always got the shit end of the stick. and i did hate the fact that they were replacing alex the kid with sonic as the built in game.

Sacrilege bogard, SMS sonic is right up there in my list of favourite sonic games, top 5 definately.
Gotta be honest here as well and say that i never regretted getting a sms over a nes, 50-60 quid a game and a shit release shedule over here in the UK, we were royally ignored and screwed by ninty when it came to the nes i believe.
Nobody over here never really bothered with nintendo untill the snes street fighter bundle came out, people went crazy for that.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Got another Commodore 16, this time CIB and with 1531.

32178319_248355662409626_2390890809147785216_n.jpg

Last one and half year I have been concentrating on collecting computers, not arcade stuff. Commodores and MSX computers mostly.

Last edited:

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Looks like the previous owner got my back on the janken games panda lol.

mc5c1d.jpg

Sacrilege bogard, SMS sonic is right up there in my list of favourite sonic games, top 5 definately.
Gotta be honest here as well and say that i never regretted getting a sms over a nes, 50-60 quid a game and a shit release shedule over here in the UK, we were royally ignored and screwed by ninty when it came to the nes i believe.
Nobody over here never really bothered with nintendo untill the snes street fighter bundle came out, people went crazy for that.

in my experience, the nes always had the best games. i remember walking into game shops and they had shelves and shelves of great nes games. ninja gaiden, tmnt 2, duck tales, tiny toons, mario games, donkey kong, megaman, double dragon 2, maniac mansion, power blade, chip n dale.

and they'd have a small section of master system games like transbot, ghost house, captain silver, choplifter and golden axe.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
20180525_145210.jpg

More Saturn goodies

Edit I changed the pic size so the site could load it and it's flipping the pic:scratch:

Last edited:

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Edit I changed the pic size so the site could load it and it's flipping the pic:scratch:

I think this older forum software doesn't like the way phones and other modern devices set the right orientation in the file. Noticed that on a Windows 7 computer I still had running, pictures taken with my phone would often not appear properly rotated, yet on Windows 10 they did.

cat

in my experience, the nes always had the best games. i remember walking into game shops and they had shelves and shelves of great nes games. ninja gaiden, tmnt 2, duck tales, tiny toons, mario games, donkey kong, megaman, double dragon 2, maniac mansion, power blade, chip n dale.

and they'd have a small section of master system games like transbot, ghost house, captain silver, choplifter and golden axe.

Jeez you had fab games shops up where you live bogard, we saw very little nes stuff in the high street where i live, and what was there was around the £50 a cart mark, so you had to be richie rich to even buy the meagre selection on offer.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Jeez you had fab games shops up where you live bogard, we saw very little nes stuff in the high street where i live, and what was there was around the £50 a cart mark, so you had to be richie rich to even buy the meagre selection on offer.

true, the nes games were a lot more expensive then the sms games. even the loose carts were more expensive than the complete sms games. but still, purely for the selection of games, i would pick the nes if i could go back in time.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Found this at a flea market today:

I've never owned one of these before, so I was happy to find it. It is missing the battery cover, does anyone make replacements? I also found a Ninja Gaiden II Tiger handheld but I can't get it to work :(

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Finally ... Tri-sync heaven, baby. It came with ZERO locks. While I don't mind the lack of coin mech door, coin bucket door and control panel locks missing, I really wouldn't mind having the lock on the main compartment door. Any cheap replacements for these? Also, is anyone here selling kick harness cables? I'd need one from, say, CPS2 to cab IO, and another one from the panel plug to the buttons.

BlastCity.jpg

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I was missing locks on my astro and for a cheap replacement I used mailbox locks.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Check Ebay. I picked up a set of NAC locks and tangs off ebay a couple months ago. It was a full set, and it even included the CP tangs and the proper coin door tang as well.

The cost wasn't so bad, and it looks a lot better than the standard cam locks.

Lsbi5bW.jpg

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Check Ebay. I picked up a set of NAC locks and tangs off ebay a couple months ago. It was a full set, and it even included the CP tangs and the proper coin door tang as well. The cost wasn't so bad, and it looks a lot better than the standard cam locks.

Nice. How much was "not so bad"? Also, is that a coin button for games without free play? Haha. Nice. I just open the door and flip the thing. My cab came without the coin mech, but the wire switch still works. Would like to have coin mech too, though. I've seen one on eBay. Quite cheap.

As for the mailbox locks, I could go for those as well, especially for the coin bucket and mech doors.