Post Your Recent Purchases!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
LOL Divx. The ultimate hipster collectible?

"I'm into digital movies you can't watch anymore." Nothing is more ironic than spending money on something nobody can ever use.

"This movie is so bad, I bought on a format nobody can watch just to make sure nobody ever watches it."

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
"I'm into digital movies you can't watch anymore." Nothing is more ironic than spending money on something nobody can ever use. "This movie is so bad, I bought on a format nobody can watch just to make sure nobody ever watches it."

This reminds me of those disposable DVDs, which upon opening would oxidize and turn black within two days. Supposedly, even when completely sealed, they will still oxidize within a year or two. I've actually seen these being sold two or three years ago, with current movies on them. I didn't think they still existed. Will these too find their way into Tripredacus' collection?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Trip is doing his part to keep the economy afloat and junk out of the landfill.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just got this from the Car Boot...:

d6I7nxk.jpg

a7Sx6He.jpg

xROTx

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

d6I7nxk.jpg

a7Sx6He.jpg

xROTx

nice pick up, rotzy. was looking through the catalogue of zx spectrum game just last week to see if i should get one. but you gonna play on that, man?. didn't think you had time to spare for that kind of stuff anymore.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
nice pick up, rotzy. was looking through the catalogue of zx spectrum game just last week to see if i should get one. but you gonna play on that, man?. didn't think you had time to spare for that kind of stuff anymore.

TBH... I have about 3 of these now... 2 are currently in storage at my parents...

I was considering selling it...

xROTx

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

xROTx

How does the Spectrum hold up, Rot? Anything in the lot worth playing today, or is it mostly for nostalgia at this point? Murikan's need to know.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
How does the Spectrum hold up, Rot? Anything in the lot worth playing today, or is it mostly for nostalgia at this point? Murikan's need to know.

ACTUALLY.... the +2 is pretty good... I just like the load sound and whilst the games are basic...

With a bit of patience... it's a good way to while away a few hours...

Unlike Tak... I don't plan to spend half an afternoon waiting for a game to load:D

xROTx

PS. Nostalgia is a killa' Lads...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Nice pickup. A minor fix but the thing with those is the tape belt usually needs changing. It affects the loading via tape.
Hook it up via RGB SCART. Nice visuals.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

d6I7nxk.jpg

a7Sx6He.jpg

xROTx

Great find, Rot. I've also been interested in finding one for nostalgia. It was the first machine I ever played games on.

The only thing I ever find at the car boot sale near me are PS2 games. Resellers pick up anything good before it even opens.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
You paid $5 for a copy of WarGames you cannot watch?

Hmm I hadn't looked into how the format works. It wasn't $5 tho. Everything was 80% off, hence the store closing. I just figured since all my DVD players have DIVX logos on them that it would work. I'll give it a shot tonight and see if it works on any of them.

PS: Choices is a bad movie with a good soundtrack. I've had the soundtrack since it came out, but finding the movie has been nearly impossible. Even this one I'm not too sure about, because the tape inside is just a T-120 with a label on it. We'll see if it is a legit video or a promo item or what. Someone had put up the movie on Youtube tho, so I had seen it on there a year or so ago. There is also a Choices 2 movie that I have never seen, for sale or otherwise.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S

d6I7nxk.jpg

a7Sx6He.jpg

xROTx

Nice pick up from a car boot rot, gotta be rare now to find one of these +2's boxed in the wild.
I was alway's a C64 boy so the speccy was second best for me, some great games on it though, manic miner, jet set willy, chuckie egg, atic atac, knight lore, but it had it's fault's, it didn't do scrolling very well and the sound was crap compared to the mighty sid tunes of the C64.
Take's me back to the schoolyard bust up's we had as kid's when we argued about which micro was best.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I will contact James to see about ordering a cover. That case is exactly like mine.

Thank you RAZ_HOE!!!

Last edited: