Post Your Recent Purchases!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Finally scooped a switch for a reasonable price. Also I got my wife some weird printer thing that she's using to open her own etsy shop. She made this sticker as a test.

Did your wife get one of those art cutting machines. Looks like a printer but it can cut paper, stickers, vinyl, etc? They look like they would be pretty cool. Just never had a chance to play with one.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Did your wife get one of those art cutting machines. Looks like a printer but it can cut paper, stickers, vinyl, etc? They look like they would be pretty cool. Just never had a chance to play with one.
It's this one: Silhouette CAMEO 3 Bluetooth Starter Bundle with 12 Oracal 651 Sheets, 12 Siser Glitter/Smooth Easyweed Heat Transfer Sheets, Mimic Transfer Paper, an https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7M9GYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_XlCGViERvE4VP
Technically I bought it but she told me to think of it as investing, alright.

300wins comes to my rescue again with finding a replacement chassis. Took forger to install as I've never swapped a whole chassis before, and I couldn't get it to sync until He pointed out that it was set in 24k mode. Actually got life force to sync now and the geometry is great!

Also got in a Marvel vs Capcom that is a green Hispanic board. Oddly the sound wasn't working so I took it apart to reseat it, and it's on a green Japan A board. Came with feet, clips and a kick harness. All the Hispanic cps2 I've seen have either been yellow or orange. Maybe mainman can chime in with some knowledge.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's this one: Silhouette CAMEO 3 Bluetooth Starter Bundle with 12 Oracal 651 Sheets, 12 Siser Glitter/Smooth Easyweed Heat Transfer Sheets, Mimic Transfer Paper, an https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7M9GYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_XlCGViERvE4VP
Technically I bought it but she told me to think of it as investing, alright.

300wins comes to my rescue again with finding a replacement chassis. Took forger to install as I've never swapped a whole chassis before, and I couldn't get it to sync until He pointed out that it was set in 24k mode. Actually got life force to sync now and the geometry is great!

Also got in a Marvel vs Capcom that is a green Hispanic board. Oddly the sound wasn't working so I took it apart to reseat it, and it's on a green Japan A board. Came with feet, clips and a kick harness. All the Hispanic cps2 I've seen have either been yellow or orange. Maybe mainman can chime in with some knowledge.

Never saw a Hispanic Green board. Maybe it's just the roms that are different. Does it still run on a regular Japan or USA A board?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Never saw a Hispanic Green board. Maybe it's just the roms that are different. Does it still run on a regular Japan or USA A board?

Yeah it does. No Phoenix roms, just boots straight to Hispanic screen with the serial number.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Tarandino

n00b
Sorry i forgot about the pic. Here we are... My first AES console finally. Pal version with 48608 serial IMG_20170620_194222.jpg

Last edited:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Very exciting pick up last night. It has been a long time coming and I finally decided to get my toploader RGB modded. I'm going to be selling the frontloader to recoup the cost of the mods on the toploader. Composite, S-Video, and RGB mods on both units and a power LED on the toploader. 3 way color palette switch. Got the 3D printed back plate for the toploader to use the SNES multi out port because it looks so clean.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Very exciting pick up last night. It has been a long time coming and I finally decided to get my toploader RGB modded. I'm going to be selling the frontloader to recoup the cost of the mods on the toploader. Composite, S-Video, and RGB mods on both units and a power LED on the toploader. 3 way color palette switch. Got the 3D printed back plate for the toploader to use the SNES multi out port because it looks so clean.

That 3d printed back plate is slick as hell. Had me doing a double take.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

Very nice! I had the exact same done to mine a little ways back. Having the SNES multi out is awesome. Probably one of the best purchases I've done in a long time. I love having the ability to do s-video too. Interesting to do some comparisons with s-video and RGB on different monitors.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Very nice.

Btw. I'm in the market for a RGB NES... front loader is fine... shoot me a PM if you'd ship it across the pond... :glee:

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Not 12 hours after hacking together a hold-down bracket for my Neo 25 CP (as seen here http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?225904-Neo-Candy-Club&p=4211765&viewfull=1#post4211765), the seller messages me saying he found the original brackets in a parts hidey hole he'd forgotten about. Mind you, this was over 2 months since the last time we'd talked and he had promised if he found them, he would send them, but I'd pretty much given up hope at that point. If you guys ever deal with Ryu21 on the KLOV forums, he's a stand-up seller for sure. :buttrock:

And this...well...let's just say I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a NAOMI+Net DIMM setup (and a Sun power supply).

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Not 12 hours after hacking together a hold-down bracket for my Neo 25 CP (as seen here http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?225904-Neo-Candy-Club&p=4211765&viewfull=1#post4211765), the seller messages me saying he found the original brackets in a parts hidey hole he'd forgotten about. Mind you, this was over 2 months since the last time we'd talked and he had promised if he found them, he would send them, but I'd pretty much given up hope at that point. If you guys ever deal with Ryu21 on the KLOV forums, he's a stand-up seller for sure. :buttrock:

And this...well...let's just say I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a NAOMI+Net DIMM setup (and a Sun power supply).

I can't get the PI to work, but netboot is a wonderful thing. Most AW works on it too. I'm trying to work on that latch myself.

Got a working 6 slot in today. Really gross but it works. Got a unibios on the way from Raz.

Got some records I'm currently listening to:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Deltron 3030 nice!

I love "if you must" by Del on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3!

Last edited:

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
^^Those megadeth are some classics. Rust In Peace is still in regular rotation for me, and has been since high school (circa 1993).:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Finally tracked Down a Neo Geo Pocket Worm Light. Here's hoping it works out better than the botched frontlight mods I've seen. So weird going back to one of these things. Here's hoping that 17 year old rechargeable battery lasts me awhile.

worm light.jpg

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Trying these out with the ROMs. So far I love the feel and have put in some good time with SNES and PCE classics. Now if I can only get mame to work I'd be set. 20170628_180226.jpg

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Trying these out with the ROMs. So far I love the feel and have put in some good time with SNES and PCE classics. Now if I can only get mame to work I'd be set.
It works on a PC in wired mode (Xinput). I've connected my SFC30 up to the PC and messed around with the button configuration app, just for testing purposes, and it worked no problem. Is there some extra trick to getting it to work in MAME...or is your MAME on a non-PC setup?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It works on a PC in wired mode (Xinput). I've connected my SFC30 up to the PC and messed around with the button configuration app, just for testing purposes, and it worked no problem. Is there some extra trick to getting it to work in MAME...or is your MAME on a non-PC setup?

My mame just flat out doesn't work, but I am admittedly an idiot when it comes to rom stuff.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
It's only a start, but got a few games ready to go once my CMVS gets here, along with two joysticks. Probably going to mod at least one of them.

20170629_161958.jpg20170629_162208.jpg