Post Your Recent Purchases!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Been on my most wanted list since I got back into MVS and finally found a nice one for a good price on EBay of all places:
IMG_0443.jpg

X > 2

I have the crystal blue cart, but yours has to be the sexiest clear black.
I dig that cart a lot. The label is minty fresh too. Congrats.

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
Quality Video Entertainment and rules for playing with toy soldiers.

Af7CFDB.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Received my first piece of Lebo art:

IMG_0340.JPG

New Samsung Color Laser Multifunction printer:

IMG_0341.JPG

And a SSD for the female's computer:

IMG_0624.JPG

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Been busy because of these:

2epuagm.jpg

I will most likely buy Street Fighter V so if anyone want's to add me on PS4: Ibrufen

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
That painting is gorgeous! now I'm intrigued and want to know more about it.

He is an artist out of Miami.

We saw a bunch of his art on display earlier this year while on a Norwegian cruise and purchased this one and it just arrived.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
He is an artist out of Miami.

We saw a bunch of his art on display earlier this year while on a Norwegian cruise and purchased this one and it just arrived.

The owls are not what they seem.

Is it an original or litho print?

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
My Blazing Star turned up today from Oz.
Some fool in the past decided to sand the contacts instead of cleaning them properly! Sand them!
So the plating is gone and several of them have rust on them. :(

I'm in the process of removing rust and rubbing them with isopropyl at the moment.

On the happy side I also got the MD and SNES infra red pads by Acclaim (circa 1993 ish) in mint condition.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
How well do those IR pads work? I have Sega's version for the Genesis and I don't like them. If you're not pointing at the receiver they will not work.

On the happy side I also got the MD and SNES infra red pads by Acclaim (circa 1993 ish) in mint condition.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
How well do those IR pads work? I have Sega's version for the Genesis and I don't like them. If you're not pointing at the receiver they will not work.

The Acclaim ones are far better, man.
They must have more powerful emitters or something. They have a great range and angle, no discernible lag and amazing battery life.

Edit: my Blazing Star is all cleaned up and works perfectly, so that's good.
Forgot to mention that my Omega turned up yesterday. Very happy with it! Amazing bit of kit and pics don't do it justice. Very solid.

I got my little 9" PVM last week as well :)

It wasn't an accident, I really wanted a small one so I can play games and watch films at the same time.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
You've peeked my interest in those Acclaim wireless controllers. That's very cool hear that they work so well.

And that Omega does look awesome. Nice score.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Acquired myself a supergun and it arrived on Tuesday...I couldn't be happier right now!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
You've peeked my interest in those Acclaim wireless controllers. That's very cool hear that they work so well.

And that Omega does look awesome. Nice score.

With respect to Gummy - those Acclaim pads are garbage; just like the Doc's and Konami Hyperbeams. Absolute trash. I've owned a couple pairs. Right in front of the receiver, within 6' or so, you'll get 95% accurate response (not good enough). At an angle or 10' away it drops WAY down.

The only reliable pair of SNES wireless pads are the Messiah's. They are 99%+ from 12' and at any angle.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
With respect to Gummy - those Acclaim pads are garbage; just like the Doc's and Konami Hyperbeams. Absolute trash. I've owned a couple pairs. Right in front of the receiver, within 6' or so, you'll get 95% accurate response (not good enough). At an angle or 10' away it drops WAY down.

The only reliable pair of SNES wireless pads are the Messiah's. They are 99%+ from 12' and at any angle.

Maybe the PAL ones were revised or something, man.
I dunno but that doesn't sound like the ones I have :)
Did you use rechargeable batteries in them? They don't like that and it really does limit them.

I remember those Messiah ones. Great pads but weird spinny thumb stick. Dunno why they did that.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Alright, thought this one is too cool to pass up on the scoops thread too haha (always wanted one of these bad boys).

Got a cool new addition to the CRT stable today, the big version (21" vs the 14") SF-1 Super Famicom TV combo unit with matching controllers. Internally is able to display the Super Famicom picture in RGB.

It's going to great with my 8-bit Famicom Sharp combo TV and the NEC PC-Engine Monitor combo I've got on the way :)

SF14_zpsotty0qnc.jpg~original

SF12_zpsqyhxchka.jpg~original

SF13_zpscpsmacv7.jpg~original

SF11_zpsm9dyatrc.jpg~original

Last edited: