Post Your Guitars (Weird Guitars)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im still madly in love with wes' paradise.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'll find it later, but there's a YouTube channel where a guy plays the same song with different types of the same guitar (e.g. one take with an ash Strat, one with an alder one, and one with a fat Strat) and then cuts between them to show the differences in tone.

I'll find it later too, but I've seen a video done doing the same thing, and the tone doesn't change at all. I mean, hell, there are videos of brooms with strat pickups on them and it sounds exactly like a strat.

Woods definitely matter in acoustics, but in electrics? I disagree.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I'll find it later too, but I've seen a video done doing the same thing, and the tone doesn't change at all. I mean, hell, there are videos of brooms with strat pickups on them and it sounds exactly like a strat.

Sustain (again, but not tone), and if you have microphonic pickups (usually undesireable) can be pretty noticeable in different types of hollowbodies. Also Piezos.

You can tell if your pickups are microphonic by simply tapping on them.

Last edited:

Llama

Armored Scrum Object

This debate will go on forever. The truth of it is that most people can't tell the difference.

There was a study done on a bass forum years ago... A guy had a simple bass body, one had a rosewood fretboard the other had a maple fretboard. I can tell the difference in the fretboards on the two.

The fact of the matter is, 99.99999999999999999% of your screaming fans don't give a shit.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Does anyone like the Yngwie fretboard? I always found it curious but never shelled the cash for that fender...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Does anyone like the Yngwie fretboard? I always found it curious but never shelled the cash for that fender...

I've played on a scalloped fretboard before. Wouldn't be my first choice, but then again I don't bitch about tiny frets either. Fretjob? What's a fretjob? :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Didn't Hendrix also played on a scalloped fretboard? Maybe?

Llama

Armored Scrum Object

I love Yngwie. I wanted to name my son Yngwie. I was overruled....

I scalloped the board on my strat. I really liked it before switching to the dark side.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have no idea what's going on in here, but there's some really badass guitars.

I love that one with the broken glass, EG.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I own this bass. no im not kidding. it was originally owned by the anti-nowhere league, and was made for a videotaped show they were doing back in the 80's but the venue would not allow them to bring it up on stage. after that it traded hands until it wound up on ebay one day and my 15 year old self knew it must be mine.
Finalattack and Grendelrt can attest that i am not lying about my massive cock... bass. this is the photo from like 12 years ago when i bought it off ebay.uk. i can find some original photos if need be.
since owning it, i actually got to see ANWL and had them all sign it. Animal was pretty shocked when I brought it in after the show. "god damn this thing has followed us around ever since it was created."
lmao. seeing him tell the story of this abomination to all the non-original members was pretty neat, they all took turns holding it and taking pictures with it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I can't find the video I mentioned before, but this is pretty good too. I know some people don't like Rob Chapman, but I think he's great.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
12733544_1537808663183496_8368764423296917515_n.jpg

Hand built B.C. Rich Wave. Finished by Dan Lawrence, loaded with Bare Knuckle Miracle Mans, and equipped with a Moser boost.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Alec, that shirt brings up the memories...Zombie Apocalypse...

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Thanks man, my favorite's gotta be World Domination. Such a killer band I hope they actually get those new songs together and hit the road again.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I own this bass. no im not kidding. it was originally owned by the anti-nowhere league, and was made for a videotaped show they were doing back in the 80's but the venue would not allow them to bring it up on stage. after that it traded hands until it wound up on ebay one day and my 15 year old self knew it must be mine.
Finalattack and Grendelrt can attest that i am not lying about my massive cock... bass. this is the photo from like 12 years ago when i bought it off ebay.uk. i can find some original photos if need be.
since owning it, i actually got to see ANWL and had them all sign it. Animal was pretty shocked when I brought it in after the show. "god damn this thing has followed us around ever since it was created."
lmao. seeing him tell the story of this abomination to all the non-original members was pretty neat, they all took turns holding it and taking pictures with it.

Fuckin' legendary! :buttrock:

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper

Wow, I cant believe this even exists.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
@ max 330 mega.

This all kinds of awesome - fantastic history too.
It's the kind of thing I'd expect / hope ResO would have secreted away in her Kitty pants :keke:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don't have any "weird" guitars, but this is my favorite one that I own - it was a gibson faded sg that I got pretty cheap. I had angus young pickups installed which was a nice improvement over the stock ones.

I also had a nifty tail added which I thought looked pretty spiffy.

229470_7672945553_9527_n.jpg