Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
D-10003-1-121.jpg

Two tier feet! That's some next level shit!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah, you're right. Still, being able to swap out the board or use it in a cab at a later time seem like worthy advantages to me. The cabs are what these were made for and what I'd consider part of the MVS style. I agree with you that a board played is better than a board lying around to be "conserved" for whatever, the custom chips will fail all by themselves eventually. Aren't there other points to connect/solder to anyway? So the Edge (and the possibility to use the board inside a cab) can stay intact even though you consolize the board?

In some rare cases the contacts develop some kind of film that will sometimes prohibit an already established connection. That's the only disadvantage when it comes to surface connections vs soldered connections. In fact I just had something like this happen in my car, my driver side speaker keeps cutting in an out and found some weird oxidation on the connector so even though it worked fine for 8 years, all of a sudden it wasn't working correctly. I tried cleaning it but that didn't change much so I just soldered the connection and now no problems.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just got myself an Omega :D I need somewhere better to put it as my TV stand can't really accommodate top loading CD and cartridge based consoles as there isn't enough height. I trip to Ikea is imminent!

IMG_2717.jpg

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Thats beutifull ;)

If i had the money ... i would buy one of this

The OMEGA is really top notch

regards

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Thats beutifull ;)

If i had the money ... i would buy one of this

The OMEGA is really top notch

regards

the design is nice but i really dislike the sign Omega, if it cant be official it shouldn't have any sign at all. It would look better without it

SPARROWS89

n00b
This may be a bit of a stretch, but I've noticed one or two superguns in this thread. Mine is made from walnut and plywood, which gives it that contrasting and layered look. It was my first electronics project actually, and it taught me how to do a lot like soldering and crimping. One thing I'd change if/when I make another is how the controllers connect. A db15 would be a lot easier and gives me the option to use a CD or AES controller.
CAM00046.jpgCAM00051.jpgCAM00052.jpg

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Here it is my consolized MV-1B (RGB, coin battery mod).

9508352143_1664705a85_z.jpg

No Unibios... still I don't know if I like it...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
@yami: that looks pretty good, clean work.

Unibios? What's not to love?

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
@yami: that looks pretty good, clean work.

Unibios? What's not to love?

Thank you! It's not my work though. ;)

I heard that there are some freeze with Unibios in certain games... is this wrong?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I heard that there are some freeze with Unibios in certain games... is this wrong?
Where did you read that? I never heard of or experienced any complications of that sort. It has been thoroughly tested by a lot of gamers, all known issues are recorded here:
http://unibios.free.fr/knownissues.html

Those are things that don't really bring any troubble and you get an awesome lot of features (e.g. playing in home console mode, region switching, pausing)!

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Where did you read that? I never heard of or experienced any complications of that sort. It has been thoroughly tested by a lot of gamers, all known issues are recorded here:
http://unibios.free.fr/knownissues.html

Those are things that don't really bring any troubble and you get an awesome lot of features (e.g. playing in home console mode, region switching, pausing)!

Probably I was disinformed.

Anyhow, it will be difficult/almost impossible *to me* to install Universe Bios on my MV-1B (the bios is soldered). :annoyed:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thank you! It's not my work though. ;)

I think you are confused. As xsq posted, there are no games known to "not work or freeze" with the UniBIOS. All of them from NAM (first game) to SSVS (last official game) and Neobitz/NGDev games work perfectly. Besides, if an issue would appear, I'm sure we would get the help from Razoola, the UniBIOS'creator who is a member in these forums. I did read that some later games freeze in MV-1 and MV-1A boards, being these the earliest models, maybe you confused that somehow?

Regards.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think he means that some games freeze when using cheats on the Unibios. Some games will freeze up if you run too many cheats at one time. If that happens, let Razoola know what cheats you had active when it happened.

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
photo.JPG

My Neo Geo 5200 lol. Not finished yet but will be soon.. painted and carbon fiber'd :)

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
View attachment 19277

My Neo Geo 5200 lol. Not finished yet but will be soon.. painted and carbon fiber'd :)

Nice. I love when people post things they make in this thread, it shows that the spirit of making your own CMVS is still alive.

The NG5200 actually matches with the look of the MVS carts with the vents in the cart. If you could laser etch in that metal strip NG5200, that would look badass.

daybona

Juz,
Still got room to hold a beer in the back compartment ala angry video game nerd.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just got myself an Omega :D I need somewhere better to put it as my TV stand can't really accommodate top loading CD and cartridge based consoles as there isn't enough height. I trip to Ikea is imminent!

IMG_2717.jpg
Awesome congrats..

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
At last I finished to consolizing the Atomiswave. I wanted to thank everyone who helped me with any questions.

DSC00540_zps7bda34dc.jpg

DSC00505_zpsf8a82331.jpg

DSC00523_zpsad89eb35.jpg

DSC00497_zpsca212e62.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, and the power jack as well. Makes mine look cheap by comparison. I may have to see if I can source that audio jack on this side of the pond, the ones I normally use don't work in the AW since the shell is a hair too thick.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Yes, and the power jack as well. Makes mine look cheap by comparison. I may have to see if I can source that audio jack on this side of the pond, the ones I normally use don't work in the AW since the shell is a hair too thick.

Here are, are available at Farnell US.
http://www.newark.com/deltron-components/651-0800/socket-din-panel-black-8pole/dp/02M0544?MER=PPSO_N_P_EverywhereElse_None
http://www.newark.com/pro-signal/mj-164h/connector-rca-phono-jack-2pos/dp/24M4869